What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchased a TAF & TZ

Vimtoman

Site Supporter
Have purchased a TAF from Germany which is in a bit of a state. Hopefully arriving tomorrow.
Has a screw in the playfield and a star post where the left flipper should be.
Pretty messy playfield. No sound .

TZ from Italy which is on it's way . In the Netherlands right now so should be here next week.

Hopefully no damaged in transport.

:)

Have purchased a TAF from Germany which is in a bit of a state. Hopefully arriving tomorrow.
Has a screw in the playfield and a star post where the left flipper should be.
Pretty messy playfield. No sound .

TZ from Italy which is on it's way . In the Netherlands right now so should be here next week.

Hopefully no damaged in transport.

:)
God help you ?

Why do this? Is it purely a financial decision?
I hate to say this, but getting a good working machine out of that TAF description could be a real money pit!

I wish you the best, and great to hear you’re diving in!

I thought that the TAF at 3.2k delivered was worth a gamble on.
These two are probably my limit now.
I like the tinkering and theres plenty to tinker with.

Heres the picture of the screw. Didnt noticed it until I zoomed in later on....... Hopefully a Cliffy may cover that up.
screw.PNG

i love someone who is prepared to have a gamble. you could fall on your feet and do good, or you can pick yourself up off the floor and make it come good. either way. that’s two more machines back in the uuuk before brexit [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could see Brexit mess up the deal so ended up paying a bit more than i wanted to.
I'm still happy with the amount paid , just hope it turns up in one piece.

Thanks for the back up @AlanJ

Guess it's that one that was posted on the eBay thread?

Hope it pans out ok, the missing Thing flipper is just bizarre. An extended Cliffy ought to cover that hole - but why on Earth is it there? Someone driving screws through the playfield would make doubt almost everything else.

Buying a project from abroad - you've got guts I'll give you that :)

Good luck with these machines, as @Durzal says you have got guts.
If the screw in the playfield is the worst problem you have then you have done well, anything else playfield wise can be cleaned or patched. I hope for your sake all the boards are working and intact.
Keep us posted, personally I would love to see a restoration thread.

90% of my video game collection came from Europe for peanuts. I'll have to admit pins seem to be more abused when buying from overseas but if it's cheap then it's worth the gamble.

Sent from Tapatalk

Yeah was gonna say wtf does this have to do with TAF & TZ.

Hats off to @Vimtoman though, he's got way bigger balls than me lol. TZ is a mech heavy pin, a lot on there that is hard to get or straight up unobtainium, buying one sight unseen is not something I would do knowing what I know now.. I lucked out buying one previously owned by a guy on here for my first pin.

And TAF - there's some work involved there even with what is known, but at £3200 there is at least quite a bit of wiggle room before it becomes a false economy.

The TZ Just needs a clean up.
The TAF will need some work but for the price I'm happy.
I know I'm taking risks but WTF. I quite like the highs and lows of it all.

Well as long as it all survives the transport.

@Spandangler looking at costs at the mo.
Loved what you done on yours. Sorry for passing on it but I had already started negotiating for the German one.
I'm already picking up parts for my BOP so need to keep in check with it all.
The misses is taking all this really calmly :)

At the end of the day, you could spend 2k on your TAF over months, even years. But you will know it inside out and it will be a minter.
Think @Alpha1 spent a good few years doing up his Indy.
From a budget point of view, easier spending a 100 quid here and there than splashing out 6k for a nice one at the moment.

That’s what I did. It’s the only way to do it if you can’t afford the other route. And you really do learn the game inside out

My IJ is amazing. Probably the best IJ on the planet. Been six years and I need to put the boards back in it now. Just no time.

Sent from Tapatalk

It's going to be first repaired to run and play.
Then when Ive finished the BOP start the TAF. But I may reverse that.

Well the TAF arrived from germany yesterday. In one piece :)
They packaged it well and no breakages.
It's pretty dirty and not been cleaned for a long long time.
Spent a few hours just sorting out errors on switches and replaced the cab speaker. So now has sound.
All working.
A broken bookcase,a broken decal and one TZ decal .
A small bit of bare wood at the Things area.
Mylar bubbles on the house section.
Missing topper
But overall the playfield looks pretty good.
Pictures below.

Attachments

• TAF2.PNG
    TAF2.PNG
    98.7 KB · Views: 54
  • TAF3.PNG
    TAF3.PNG
    215.2 KB · Views: 56
  • TAF4.PNG
    TAF4.PNG
    271.2 KB · Views: 57
  • TAF5.PNG
    TAF5.PNG
    525.8 KB · Views: 59
  • TAF7.PNG
    TAF7.PNG
    402.8 KB · Views: 59
  • TAF8.PNG
    TAF8.PNG
    537 KB · Views: 62
Not sure what the best way to go regarding the playfield.
Take the mylar off, polish . and or add a new set.
Take it off and polish. No new mylar.
Or just leave it.

Regards the mylar - I'd be inclined to leave it. Trying to remove it could result in lifting paint. If you did try and do it (freeze method), and just polish it after. Home use games don't need mylar imo.

Depends on your appetite really, and what you ultimately want to do with it. You could buy a new cleared playfield and do a swap and still be quids in based on what you paid.

Or you could just give it a good clean and fix everything and enjoy your sub £3.5k players pin.

Back
Top Bottom