What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Project DELTA - Pin area - Yet another extension on the house!

Amazing work Alan that looks like heaven to me! Those playfields look absolutely beautiful lit up. Can't wait to see that room full of pins

A few issues on powering all those leds in all those playfields, I've blown up two power supplies so far. There is approx 100 Leds on average in each playfield. 24 playfields. 2,400 leds. Each led is an RGB led, that means it's really 3 leds in one. a Red, a Green and a Blue. Max current draw for each is £18.5 mA, X 3 = 55.5 ma per RGB led. X 2400 = 133.2A max current draw. Wow!! A bigger PSU on order.

Inside of the room is almost ready now for the grand moving in of pins. That will start tomorrow after a good clean. I was hoping to do it today, but we still have paint drying so dont want to create any dust until it's dry.

it really is superb.

Does that window face North? It's a lovely feature, but you might have some really bright direct sunlight coming in otherwise.

Thought of you as I drove past on the Ring Road yesterday. I had time to kill...
So glad I didn't door-knock you - tooooo jealous. I don't even have a house at the moment! (And now of course my house-wish-list just got 6 pin room 25 pin room *plus full size American pool table) Gaaah!
Brilliant work - lots of effort you deserve all the plaudits :clap:

Holy Duck! When can I move in?

@AlanJ - how did you do the playfield lighting? Arduino?

thank you. yes i started off with arduino but now all my projects use esp32 boards. they are more powerful, faster more memory and built in wi-fi which i use to control them remotely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it really is superb.

Does that window face North? It's a lovely feature, but you might have some really bright direct sunlight coming in otherwise.

the end triangular windows face east. the main windows are north facing. architect and builder both suggested some nice velux windows in the roof. that was before i educated them in the ways of a pinhead with troglodyte tendencies [emoji23][emoji23]

Also a big fan of the ESP32. Any info on how you did this would be really interesting.

Thanks for the inspiration!

fastled library for the led displays. using ws2812b strings of leds

used a iot wi-fi library to connect the esp32s to my wi-fi network

then used MQTT messaging library to communicate between the items. i use a separate esp32 to act as the master controller that talks to each of the esp32 in the playfields and sends them the relevant commands for patterns and colour. this is only for the synch mode. otherwise each playfield just does it’s own thing. all are configurable i wrote a web server into each with a control panel where you can define the patterns and colours to be displayed.

i’m away from home at present but can get the exact library names i used when i get home tuesday.

I’ve still to more than roll a ball down the cushion on that pool table!
I bet pinguy is just as useful for leveling pool tables?

Made up for you - you have to put yourself a little bit out-on-a-limb to get such a great result.

I’ve still to more than roll a ball down the cushion on that pool table!
I bet pinguy is just as useful for leveling pool tables?

Made up for you - you have to put yourself a little bit out-on-a-limb to get such a great result.
@Spadge 's old pool table is getting a lot of use just now! Pop in next time you're passing!

@Spadge 's old pool table is getting a lot of use just now! Pop in next time you're passing!
Thanks Alan, have customers in Ilkley so will try to do just that before too long.
Will be great to see this place in the flesh, it was just an outline of an idea last time I saw you!

vids here.

each playfield acts independently. doing its own thing

then the cool bit is i can synch them to display the same pattern and same colour palette. they all communicate over wi-fi

slight bug the left hand one in the vid isn’t synched

Christmas lights sorted for the next x years 😉 :thumbs:

Mother of God, that looks amazbalz!

Did you ever consider a colour instead of white? I've big space that needs painting soon with no windows...

Mother of God, that looks amazbalz!

Did you ever consider a colour instead of white? I've big space that needs painting soon with no windows...

i have non white in other rooms in the house. and white in a couple of other rooms. white is higher maintenance for sure but it looks the best. also it’s easier to go from white to another colour rather than the other way around. also i wanted to keep it big and bright.

Back
Top Bottom