What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Project Apollo - Games/Gym Room Build

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
so I finally really got a chance to look at the concrete and they've done a great job, very pleased, French drain and soakaways, reusing one that I had and adding another. Have a path that goes to that part of the garden which I'l going to get redone and a path infront of the pinball room for easy roll into the place.

_G3A8447.JPG

need to returf some parts of the grass but thats was expected.

cabin delivery is week of the 5th with completed build by the 16th, then a week for electrical fittings and carpet, really pleased the hardest part is out of the way (famous last words!)

Reactions: DRD
9x7 cabin will be 8.5x6.5 using the extra at the back for storage/shed type stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There's nothing like filling up what space you have. Great size......
Does your Mrs know that she has lost her space for her washing line :rolleyes:

Despite marking it out several times she keeps saying that it looks bigger than she expected. Story of my life lol

Oh take anyone’s ideas on lighting please!

Oh take anyone’s ideas on lighting please!

I have recently been involved in a project where I got introduced to a 'lighting designer'. My first though was "why the heck would you pay anyone to do that", but after seeing what they do, I'd use one now if I was planning a sizable building project. They are an additional cost to the budget for sure, but they 'know how to light things properly' is the best way I can describe what they do. They will know how to best illuminate the room and the pins for show, for playing, during the day, and at night/eve.

Thank Julian! (Search for cavity Pinball)

Is it worth hacking those trees down / trimming them before the building goes in ?

I have dealt with a lot of trees, roots and hedging over the years - both planting and destroying. In my experience you are either in control of them or they are in control of you. neighbours have allowed their poplar trees to grow for 35 years and are now are faced with a real headache. The damned things bend precariously in the wind and deposit all manner of detritus everywhere. Due to their size and the amount of water they draw, I had to lay ridiculously deep foundations when I built my garage a few years ago

they want to reduce them by 50% and are now having to get involved with council approvals and specially licenced (effectively web slinging spidermen) tree surgeons who use ropes and little top handed chainsaws

Is it worth hacking those trees down / trimming them before the building goes in ?

I have dealt with a lot of trees, roots and hedging over the years - both planting and destroying. In my experience you are either in control of them or they are in control of you. neighbours have allowed their poplar trees to grow for 35 years and are now are faced with a real headache. The damned things bend precariously in the wind and deposit all manner of detritus everywhere. Due to their size and the amount of water they draw, I had to lay ridiculously deep foundations when I built my garage a few years ago

they want to reduce them by 50% and are now having to get involved with council approvals and specially licenced (effectively web slinging spidermen) tree surgeons who use ropes and little top handed chainsaws

So I am going to take down the big birch (?) a little but the others do provide cover and the wife won’t let me touch them. When the building is up I’ll still have space to chop them as I expect the building to give same window level cover of the neighbour at the back as the trees do. My wife like the garden so doesn’t want me concreting and chopping down everything lol which I think is quite reasonable :)

Neil

yes similar to Hitachi and I think the heat pump end of that I've got on the system in the house.

They look ok but honestly I have no idea - I think a few other guys are using something like that, maybe create a thread in general pinball for it?

My A/C system is set to never let the temp drop below 15C and in my old room it cost peanuts because of the heat pump system. I have a wifi thermometer that would ping me if it dropped below 15C but it never did. In my new room I've gone for dual skin with 50mm celotex all round which is what the old room was but with a lot less glass.

I'm not sure if my current Hitachi system is going to be powerful enough to heat and cool the room (especially if I had 30 odd pinheads) but I figured that if it isn't I'll buy a bigger system. After throwing out 30K's worth of room saving the A/C was a small relief!

Looks like you could fit a full size snooker table in the middle there...or a bar lol

Neil, how close are you putting the pins to each other, my pinshed can fit 12 but i only have 10 in there as it allows the sides to be shown and doesnt look so cramped

sweet Neil !!!! - so just out if interest when it comes to humidity levels in a pinshack what is the recommended level ?. I have temp and humidity monitors in my pinshack, workshop and externally and when the heat is chugging away on a low level the humidity is at about %50 without any dehumidifers

Cheers

kev

Back
Top Bottom