What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Project Apollo - Games/Gym Room Build

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Two reasons [emoji1] -
I study causality - the effect some thing has on something else, known as the domino effect and how you can use it to simulate and model things (known as System Dynamics).
I'm also a big Genesis fan, Domino is a tune from The Invisible Touch album about the domino effect!

whilst setting up one of the first ISP's in the UK back in 1992 I went to a load of genesis gigs and the image below really stuck! I needed my own personal domain name - and domino.org was it...

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 23.19.20.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Two reasons [emoji1] -
I study causality - the effect some thing has on something else, known as the domino effect and how you can use it to simulate and model things (known as System Dynamics).
I'm also a big Genesis fan, Domino is a tune from The Invisible Touch album about the domino effect!

whilst setting up one of the first ISP's in the UK back in 1992 I went to a load of genesis gigs and the image below really stuck! I needed my own personal domain name - and domino.org was it...

View attachment 55235
Like it Neil - I'm also a big genesis fan!!

Cheers

kev

Looking like concrete raft mid Jan and cabin end of Jan beg Feb.

Still got the task of demolishing the old one which I’m going to attempt myself! After new year. Have to move 6 games and all my pinball gear into the house. Back breaking fun!

Neil

Looking like concrete raft mid Jan and cabin end of Jan beg Feb.

Still got the task of demolishing the old one which I’m going to attempt myself! After new year. Have to move 6 games and all my pinball gear into the house. Back breaking fun!

Neil
oh yes Neil deep joy!!! take it easy on the back though! lots of pics when it all begins!!

Tucks - we know you’ve been upset with other bands since the news SClub7 broke up.

Just looking at the neon again - it’s freaking mental!

Actually it has started - I removed some Blutak from the walls lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Watch out for the wet concrete pad being exposed to frost.

I try to avoid concrete in the depths of winter as it can fook it up. A friend had the mortar freeze in his extension. It was never any good.

There will be a way - additive, or getting 75 people with hair dryers maintaining a constant vigil ..

Yes that worried me also but they are using concrete that will be ok for this apparently... and they ain’t getting paid until it’s done! :)

Paid 5K deposit for the building so it’s definitely started. Got an old camera run as webcam/time-lapse!

My builder told me that on sites it is relatively common for guys to pierce the damp proof membrane underneath a raft foundation to help it drain during wet weather.

Watch them like hawks. Or pay someone else to watch them like hawks. I know so many folk round here that have had trouble with damp/ membrane type issues caused by shoddy builders. It is not rocket science but is ripe for corner cutting as the evidence will be hidden for all time. Until the damp starts about 6 months down the line.

You can get a bit of value out of your building inspector here. Get him/ her to check important stuff like this out. You can use the line "the building inspector is insisting on Xxxxxxxxxx " to help ensure that it gets done properly and the right techniques are employed.

My builder told me that on sites it is relatively common for guys to pierce the damp proof membrane underneath a raft foundation to help it drain during wet weather.

Watch them like hawks. Or pay someone else to watch them like hawks. I know so many folk round here that have had trouble with damp/ membrane type issues caused by shoddy builders. It is not rocket science but is ripe for corner cutting as the evidence will be hidden for all time. Until the damp starts about 6 months down the line.

You can get a bit of value out of your building inspector here. Get him/ her to check important stuff like this out. You can use the line "the building inspector is insisting on Xxxxxxxxxx " to help ensure that it gets done properly and the right techniques are employed.
Dumb Cowboys !!

yeah I probably wouldn't have build so big until I stupidly went to Julian's place :D his is the same size and comformately fits 20 machines in. Once I'd see that there was no going back LOL.

knackered. spent the whole day knocking down the current pinball shed. Holy brick **** house batman. They built it really well, has been a struggle today. Slightly nervous I won't have it done by Monday, when the concrete folks turn up!!!

Neil.

Photos of an orgy of wanton destruction pls. Plus videos if petrol powered tools used ...

Lol that’s what it looks like.

On the question of power tools why can I buy that will cut through the SPS panels? I was thinking of some sort of disc saw or something?

Neil

Back
Top Bottom