What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POTC Stern baffling battle ship !

Slingshot99

Registered
Alias
Someone else
Hi, my Pirate ship has developed a fault whereby it acts as though it’s been hit, ie the sails go down, the score goes up and eventually the ship sinks, even though the ball is nowhere near it and usually down the bottom of the pf. I’m not great technically on SS as I’m more an EM guy but if you use ‘Pinball for dummies’ language I’ll give fault finding a go😉. Which reminds me that nothings coming up on the errors page. TIA

Thanks Thomas & yes found the switch test. That reminded me that I tested the ship up and down a few times and all was well and when I went back to play it the machine was fine and the ship stable. Left it a while before I played it again and the fault returned.

Can you replicate the fault in switch test? With the glass off, slap the playfield with the palm of your hand a few times. (I find it's also quite therapeutic !)

If that doesn't help, try triggering every other switch in the same row or column, one at a time. If one of them also activates #61, then you have some kind of switch matrix short (broken diode or whatnot).

Can you replicate the fault in switch test? With the glass off, slap the playfield with the palm of your hand a few times. (I find it's also quite therapeutic !)

If that doesn't help, try triggering every other switch in the same row or column, one at a time. If one of them also activates #61, then you have some kind of switch matrix short (broken diode or whatnot).
That sounds like a plan Thomas, I’ll get onto that tomorrow and post my findings. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom