What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potc random multi ball

JoLo

Registered
Hi
Looking for help, On our Stern Potc. Every 5 to 10 games multi ball will kick in, this can happen at any
point during the game, it’s related to Port royal in some way, when I look up, I’ve seen the message
‘ compass award Port royal complete ‘. or. ‘ ball locked shoot lane ‘ etc this happens without the disc
spinning or the seven lights being lit, it can happen after port royal is part complete also, although still
a noobie to pinball, I have recently replaced optos on the chest as we had a similar problem there, I have
checked all connections under the play field, in the back box, and cleaned and checked optos above
and below the ramp, I have checked google and forums, but not found any solution.
Hoping to find an answer on here, thinking best for me could be replacing optos, unless this
Problem has been sorted in a different way..... Thanks

Sound like you have a switch matrix problem by when one switch is activated it triggers a whole row or column also a flaky opto could register multiple switch readings

Thank you Chris, I do have the manual and will look at switches etc,but
as a novice still I think I will see about replacing optos, as the ones that
came off the chest did look a little tired

Before you start changing things go into switch test and activate all switches/optos starting with the ones you think could be at fault to find out which ones are playing up.

Thanks Kevlar, I have run switch tests a few times
but nothing shows, then machine plays clean for
quite a few games before going wrong again, wife
thinks it’s the curse of Davy Jones ?

Almost all switches, when activated give some kind of feedback, a particular noise, something on the DMD or the score going up. Can you not see/hear any of these unexpectedly activating prior to the multiball starting? I have a POTC here ( not mine ) and occasionally have a problem with the opto at the top of the left ramp, it'll randomly start activating giving a machine gun like constant noise and the score climbing like crazy. In this case it's always where the opto connects to the opto board below the playfield, I usually pull the little plug on and of a few times which fixes it for a few months.

Hi
I think we may have found the cause of the ‘ extra and multi ball ‘ problems
found the brown wire to be looesly wrapped around a terminal under the
ball trough, so it’s now soldered on, and we’ve played two days trouble free
so fingers crossed ......129710E4-6E7B-43A5-B4BF-925D48DD26C7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom