What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Play-Field hardtops

I had a similar one of these on a Scared Stiff that I purchased. Although it does a great job at protecting the playfield I absolutely hated the way it changes how the ball moves around. It is worth taking into account the ball is no longer rolling on the original playfield and it does completely change the dyamics of the game. I removed it and have no regrets.

Thanks for the info, yeah it’s abit love hate in the idea but having seen the results I think I’m still going to go ahead at some point tho the postage is very very expensive hence why buying 5 at once would be a great move if anyone wants to check the link and let me know that would be cool

Just to clear up any confusion, The Seeker seems to be referring to the hard top overlay product. Once these are installed they cannot be removed, if they are you are just left with bare wood...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-hardtop-restoration-comet

The playfield overlay I guess Ads Nems is referring to is the clear PETG playfield protector that can be installed as a temporary fix to protect playfield art, available from here...
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/22/Playfield-Protectors

Hi Andy, Thanks for getting in touch, its good option. Bruce has quoted that a single play field has been quoted as $285 for the postage alone but 5 would be the same price Anyone els considering a restoration even in a year or two might want to jump in on this ? Andy i'll keep you posted - spread the word.

It's roughly £44 per sheet delivered bought in 5's as opposed to roughly £225 bought on there own, they do taxi and firepower .. please take a look .

Looks a really great product. I'm up for a VECTOR but it's still only on their "prospect" list.:(

He quoted $92 postage last March for the BK. I checked a week or so ago and he said the quote was still valid. I have oredered it and will let you knoiw how I get on.

$285 sounds exob exorrb exro a lot.

What did the postage cost you ?
$92. Should be on it's way although communication from them is sh*t. Just learned today they are having problems with FedEx International shipping whatever the hell that means.
Probably not paid them enough[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I can’t for the life of me understand why he quotes me 290 dollars and you get it for 90 dollars I’d be happy to buy one at that. So u got one delivered to the uk, could I ask the total bill including hard top ? Pm me if you like thanks

I can’t for the life of me understand why he quotes me 290 dollars and you get it for 90 dollars I’d be happy to buy one at that. So u got one delivered to the uk, could I ask the total bill including hard top ? Pm me if you like thanks
Like I say, it's still on it's way but I was quoted and charged $92. Its still a lot IMO but $290 is just plain mad.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So I messages Bruce again and he says he can't do anything as it the courier who sets the price via the address and postcode . i cant understand why my post code - newcastle upon tyne is so darn expensive??? anyone els have any ideas how to get one ?

Anyone on here work at a place that has a contract with a shipping company like DHL or FedEx. Often they will offer a cheaper rate if you are willing for the package to go through a main depots.

For example, if you want the package to come direct from New York to London it will cost an arm and a leg as it takes special bookings. Alternatively if you are happy for it to go via their main USA transport hub in somewhere like Atlanta and then be shipped to their main European hub in Germany it comes up cheaper.

It makes no sense as your item has travelled more distance but it is often cheaper and maybe takes only a day longer to arrive. Logistics I guess.

$92 sounds low (wrong) for FedEx international delivery on something with that sort of volumetric weight.

So I messages Bruce again and he says he can't do anything as it the courier who sets the price via the address and postcode . i cant understand why my post code - newcastle upon tyne is so darn expensive??? anyone els have any ideas how to get one ?
Get it shipped to @Andy B and ask nicely if he can ship it on to you? :)

Back
Top Bottom