What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinshed Floor Suggestions

DRD

Registered
Might I canvass opinions of any builders/ knowledgeable folk pls.

I will soon be building my pinshed, probably along the lines of @Jsyjay and @newdos using 4x2 cls timber that is insulated and clad with hardieplank.

I am trying to get my head around how best to handle the floor, so it can handle the weight of 12 games plus players. This throws up three issues.
  1. What you make the floor out of. For me this seems to be a choice of suspended wood/ chipboard versus concrete
  2. How you insulate the floor
  3. How you ensure that the wooden floor/ and lower parts of the wood frame walls are totally isolated from rising damp, rain splash and water run off
I tend to go gelt and braces with stuff like this. I wondered whether the most robust way of doing this might be to have an insulated concrete floor, with a couple of courses of bricks on top around the perimeter, with the wooden framed walls resting on these bricks ? These bricks would be hidden by the hardieplank when it goes on

Thanks

Best way would probably be the same as a house build but it wouldn't be the cheapest.

I'm not a builder but from memory when they did our extension it was:
Dig out
Foundations up to damp proof layer.
Dpm
Concrete pour
(Build the outside of the house - doesn't apply here obviously)
150mm Cellotex
100mm screed

Then finish with carpet, laminate, tiles, whatever, when finished.

Reactions: DRD
Hi
I'm a bricklayer myself built a few games rooms and sun rooms in my time I would go the traditional route up to floor level might be a bit more expensive but is the best in my opinion.Any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers brian.

Reactions: DRD
Back
Top Bottom