What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pins on location..

The seeker

Registered
Well its been a funny old day, after weeks of good behaviour we took or young boy to Lane 7 in newcastle - bowling. His choice but i can't deny i was excited at a slice of americana, bowling pool arcades and possibly pinball? We arrive with time to spare so scoped out the scene they did as advertised have 2 machines sadly south park and NBA2000 grrrrr. We were eating and i kept my eye on the games telling myself ill get five minutes near the end and get a go later on. We were there for 2 hrs on a saturday along with what looked like a massive/ rowdy stag do and dozens and dozens of students and families and at no point did I see a single person even give the games a second look. They might as well not been switched on. Which leads me to believe hardly anyone gives a hoot about pinball. Lane 7 has to be THE best location in the uk barring tilt and those type ov venues- which also makes me wonder WHY put southwark - not relevant any more and nba2000 - yuck on location at all. Had it been star wars and ghostbusters i bet people would have had a go. We ended up at the metrocenter looking for a gift for my wife friend and i took the kids to naaco world --- what a hole... penny mushers and redemption What has the world come to :( sure glad were fortunate enough to have some proper games at home. Not really a rant or much point to this post but i was gutted to see south turd and nba2000 The funniest part of all is that i didn't even get to play them as the power went out and we all had to leave - hence why we ended up at the metro centre

Not a South Park fan but by all accounts it’s a good earner on site

TAF isn’t relevant to any non pin fans but it still is a good earner

Were the coin op video games seeing a lot of trade? Or have phone games killed these off as well?

Yeah I get what you mean, no the arcades were empty tho they were cheap Pandora’s box jobs one token per play guff, was nice to cycle through and reminisce tho. Beer pong was doing gang busters mind , the big American pool tables looked fricking sweet ..

Just had an epic 8 hour stopover in Doha Airport and to my surprise they had 2 x Avengers available there on free play! Both in slightly shady states of repair (to add to the already bad design flaws of the game) but hey - when in a dessert right.

What did surprise me was how much attention they were getting. The kids LOVED them.

Airports = lots of people waiting around + many in decent holiday mood, so you'd think there would be a few pins around but I guess they can't rival sunglasses and burgers in £ earnings psf! That said, the new' ish sports bar in Alicante airport has an ac/dc pin

Airports = lots of people waiting around + many in decent holiday mood, so you'd think there would be a few pins around but I guess they can't rival sunglasses and burgers in £ earnings psf! That said, the new' ish sports bar in Alicante airport has an ac/dc pin
I will be there tomorrow so I will tell you if it is still operational

Well its been a funny old day, after weeks of good behaviour we took or young boy to Lane 7 in newcastle - bowling. His choice but i can't deny i was excited at a slice of americana, bowling pool arcades and possibly pinball? We arrive with time to spare so scoped out the scene they did as advertised have 2 machines sadly south park and NBA2000 grrrrr. We were eating and i kept my eye on the games telling myself ill get five minutes near the end and get a go later on. We were there for 2 hrs on a saturday along with what looked like a massive/ rowdy stag do and dozens and dozens of students and families and at no point did I see a single person even give the games a second look. They might as well not been switched on. Which leads me to believe hardly anyone gives a hoot about pinball. Lane 7 has to be THE best location in the uk barring tilt and those type ov venues- which also makes me wonder WHY put southwark - not relevant any more and nba2000 - yuck on location at all. Had it been star wars and ghostbusters i bet people would have had a go. We ended up at the metrocenter looking for a gift for my wife friend and i took the kids to naaco world --- what a hole... penny mushers and redemption What has the world come to :( sure glad were fortunate enough to have some proper games at home. Not really a rant or much point to this post but i was gutted to see south turd and nba2000 The funniest part of all is that i didn't even get to play them as the power went out and we all had to leave - hence why we ended up at the metro centre

Try getting through too an operator that nobody is going to play those old piles of junk most ops are just too tight to buy a new machine
I have tried to explain to an op that I look after he now has 4 old machines that he over paid for cost him money every time I go out which is a lot and take nothing I have told him he could have 2 new machines that will be reliable take good money and the residual value is very good but it never sinks in

Thanks insurance; I'll be there is a couple of weeks too. Seems like Alicante has a long history of pins and I wonder how many other airport pins Forum members can spot ? in their travels???

What a shower this poor game is, I’m at the bucket list Swansea and it’s... poor for pinball.

No GI, flippers soggier than a sponge at a bikini car wash, left kick out drains to centre, leans more than foggy round a bend, upper flipper stickier than a teenagers sock, unplayable, luckily had 3 credits on when I walked up... wonder why.

Looks like there’s might be a game in there, Shame.B878FDA4-3924-45C1-AB57-06FFB60A4D25.jpegF28844D0-5220-4BA6-8C10-1C73FAA206F0.jpeg977BDBD1-DAC0-4C93-90F8-ECF33750F8B8.jpeg32BB296C-682C-44CB-A827-328DC7F0DF94.jpeg

Sorry to ask, did you report it to the relevant people there?

I’ve been chatting to the barmaid manager - a fair bit, she called pinball the “flippy thinker” so no.. no point

Shame you weren’t a bit closer you could have come to mine and had a go on some playable machines and I normally have Heineken on draught😜
I’m about an hour further west.

Found this ACDC in Chelmsford yesterday, was going to give it a go but it had no flipper rubbers 😂

IMG_20190405_180109~2.jpg

P.S. this is a location that said no when I asked if I could put one of my machines there on a 50/50 split basis!!

Do you need the rubbers :hmm:

Where was this mate?
It's the old Grand Central near the station. Been rebranded as "mojo games bar" I got invited to a "VIP opening night" by their manager to talk about the games with them turned up and nobody knew anything about... Total waste of time

It's the old Grand Central near the station. Been rebranded as "mojo games bar" I got invited to a "VIP opening night" by their manager to talk about the games with them turned up and nobody knew anything about... Total waste of time

Shame! Chelmsford would do well!

Found this ACDC in Chelmsford yesterday, was going to give it a go but it had no flipper rubbers 😂

View attachment 82955

P.S. this is a location that said no when I asked if I could put one of my machines there on a 50/50 split basis!!

This is what drives me nuts about what few machines I see on location. They’re typically in a poorly maintained condition, and the ops no doubt wonder why they don’t take much money. I always try any table I come across, but never seen one like this!!

This is what drives me nuts about what few machines I see on location. They’re typically in a poorly maintained condition, and the ops no doubt wonder why they don’t take much money. I always try any table I come across, but never seen one like this!!
Sounds like you should pay us a visit in West London, or one of @Matt Vince / London Pinballs machines located in various spots around the South East

Sounds like you should pay us a visit in West London, or one of @Matt Vince / London Pinballs machines located in various spots around the South East

I’d love to know where there are good tables in the South East. I’ve only been to Flip Out once, and @Matt Vince was very welcoming, as I’ve been working later on Thursdays, though last one is tomorrow so plan on visiting again soon.

If anyone is passing in the near future, the Atlantis hotel on the palm in Dubai currently has these bad boys there (in the Wavehouse bar/restaurant).

IMG-20190608-WA0004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom