What's new

Pinball Survey Invite?

thelab

Registered
Alias
Vin!
Anyone else get this strange request? I have no idea what they are up to or who's leading it. Looks genuine though.

Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 12:37:29 AM
To: vin_
Subject: Invitation to participate in a survey on pinball machine usage and views (15 USD)

Hello,

My name is David Li, and I am an Associate at L.E.K. Consulting (www.lek.com), a global strategic management consulting company.

We are currently conducting a survey to understand views on pinball, including player behavior and perspectives on different machines.

If you are interested in participating in our online survey (~15-20 minutes), we are offering 15 USD for the completion of the survey. The payment will be provided as a virtual pre-paid Visa card sent to your email address. In the survey, we are not asking for any confidential information, and all responses will be anonymized and aggregated. A payment will only be made to individuals who qualify and complete the entire survey.

To access your unique survey, please click the link below:
https://s1.intellisurvey.com/run/kel0828237136/B5YT10ERZMCZ?pan=99&f=1

Our study concludes on September 4, 2018 at which time your survey link will expire.

Feel free to email me at d.li@lek.com with any questions you might have, and I would be happy to provide you with more details.

Regards,
David Li

Yes, I had one as well. As did everyone who gave their email to the IFPA.
It's been discussed on Tilt Forums.
Not worth clicking the link at all.

Yep. Have been for years.

A few years ago when it became clear they were doing so and people* raised a fuss about it they added a privacy policy that at least let people know. And thanks to a little pressure* on the back of this most recent one they're now looking to stop selling the email list, and instead keep it private and allow third parties to request marketing messages be sent to it

* Mainly me I think :tut:. I get pretty hardcore nerdy when it comes to IT security

(PS: When's that https certificate coming @Paul :wave: )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom