What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Streaming

Nah... TWD? Who cares we've been without a stream for too long

Ok Deadpool I might be a little late as I need to setup for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Live now! Ask my why I’m late!!!

Short Deadpool stream with direct video input! :) starting now !

Tonight at 9:30 dialed in with the new code and direct input

Twitch.tv/NeilMcRae/

Got the camera and got it streaming but its all choppy, raised the bitrate and it didn't stream. I have a 12mbps upload so it shouldnt be a problem. May have to talk to @strobey about his setup.

in the mean time I have a fair bit of this modular ally section kicking around so I screwed this together, one playfield camera rig.
20181119_094535.jpg

Got the camera and got it streaming but its all choppy, raised the bitrate and it didn't stream. I have a 12mbps upload so it shouldnt be a problem. May have to talk to @strobey about his setup.

in the mean time I have a fair bit of this modular ally section kicking around so I screwed this together, one playfield camera rig.

what software are you using?

Worth downloading OBS => Open Broadcaster Software | Homehttps://obsproject.com/

Also what is your computer spec?

Cheers,
Neil.

We write streaming and archiving solutions and we recommend a really nice mixer called vmix which allows you to have multiple inputs and mix between plus overlays etc ( I know obs can do this but vmix is a step up) the output of vmix can be streamed directly or used as an input to obs. If anyone wants to have a go streaming from one of our servers let me know and I will create a pinball video server and give you a login .

Drew

A pretty low spec cou should be fine for live streaming i3, as mentioned above I can give you a login to one of our servers if you want to test it Sven

A pretty low spec cou should be fine for live streaming i3, as mentioned above I can give you a login to one of our servers if you want to test it Sven

how are you getting the video into the server from the camera?

Neil.

Gaming PC ideal as it will have a decent graphics card to offload the video encoding. Something like an nVidia card with CUDA support.

Fair warn... this is a slipperly slope Phil... :p

Tim

Dammit. Any idea on a minimum spec. Mayne a friday deal to be had.

Basically the most top end laptop you can afford:

i7 8G (16 better)
Atleast 512G disk ideally SSD
Plenty of USB 2/3 ports
Thunderbolt port so you can add more to it.
1060/70/80 nvidia graphics

I’ve got a razer blade 15 and it’s pretty fantastic for streaming but not a cheap laptop!

AMD stuff is also normally good but had loads of challenges with Ryzan and drivers so I’d avoid it.

You also really want to be able to do 1080p/50 or 60 although 720p/50 or 60 is ok but you definitely need >50fps otherwise pinball looks pants.

The HDMI you have is good as is the USB cam but I’d recommend getting off USB cams as they put lots of load on the CPU. Also add light so the USB cams don’t struggle so much.

The biggest difference to my streams was tweaking the bitrate vs bandwidth option if you have lots of upstream bandwidth it’s a great way to keep the laptop less busy. When I get
Home tonight I’ll post the settings I’m using.

My next big change is to test vmix but for the features I need it’s not cheap and I’m moving to all IP based cameras so I can bin hdmi/SDI and just stream from the Ethernet of the camera to the laptop without POE and no special drivers!

Cheers,
Neil

I'd be interested to see if latency suffers with an all-IP setup, neil.

Usually the encoding and IP stack kills it and you don't notice it until using in a live situation.

Any live shots such youre muxing sound with, ie playfield, needs to be sub 100ms. Lip sync < 10ms.

Of course there's stream delay settings in OBS to bring everything back together, but ugh... #headache right?

Tim

Hi Sven,

I would go for a i3 8100 or similar as bang for buck they are amazing value very capable of hd, I wouldn’t waste a lot of money on a fancy gpu for this unless there is another reason e.g gaming or Ai as these tend not to be taken advantage of in obs (Tim is correct some tools handbrake etc do use the cudas but this is for transcoding)

Drew

Basically the most top end laptop you can afford:

i7 8G (16 better)
Atleast 512G disk ideally SSD
Plenty of USB 2/3 ports
Thunderbolt port so you can add more to it.
1060/70/80 nvidia graphics

I’ve got a razer blade 15 and it’s pretty fantastic for streaming but not a cheap laptop!

AMD stuff is also normally good but had loads of challenges with Ryzan and drivers so I’d avoid it.

You also really want to be able to do 1080p/50 or 60 although 720p/50 or 60 is ok but you definitely need >50fps otherwise pinball looks pants.

The HDMI you have is good as is the USB cam but I’d recommend getting off USB cams as they put lots of load on the CPU. Also add light so the USB cams don’t struggle so much.

The biggest difference to my streams was tweaking the bitrate vs bandwidth option if you have lots of upstream bandwidth it’s a great way to keep the laptop less busy. When I get
Home tonight I’ll post the settings I’m using.

My next big change is to test vmix but for the features I need it’s not cheap and I’m moving to all IP based cameras so I can bin hdmi/SDI and just stream from the Ethernet of the camera to the laptop without POE and no special drivers!

Cheers,
Neil

You can do this with vmix if you wish but as Tim mentions latency between the audio feed and the up camera can be an issue depends on the cameras you are using but I push the audio through the camera at source to eliminate this.

Drew

Back
Top Bottom