What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Republic 10x2 Matchplay March 5th 10:00am

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Neil McRae added a new event:

Pinball Republic 10x2 Matchplay March 5th 10:00am

Pinball Republic 10x2 - Ten rounds of modern games and then ten rounds of classics with finals - TGP will be pretty decent on this for those who care.

Top 8 Finals next 4 B final! (B final >500 IFPA).

£5 Members
£20 Non-members

Sharp start at 10am doors open at 9am - club also open the day before for practice :D we will have a couple of new classic games, one you don't want to miss!
If you have a next matchplay account register in advance here and pay on the day.

[URL...

Read more about this event...

This should be really good - a full day of 3/4 matchplay, new games then classics. Hopefully a high value tournament if we can get a good turnout. Also a chance to try out the many great new games at PBR for those who have not been for awhile.

Who's coming? Myself and James are going - hope to see many of you there!

Getting the train down and should be there with the old man! Hopefully a good turn out - good chance to play a bunch of great games with even better company. Come along!

Just home after a great (but very tiring) day. Huge thanks to everyone at PBR for putting on a mammoth tournament, was good fun. Great to catch up with people, ready for sleep now though.
What were the final standings?

David Fowler a worthy winner yet again, running the playoff ladder once more and smashing a first ball on Iron Man in the final. 2nd Anton, 3rd Brad, 4th Tim. 5th Matt, 6th Tucks, 7th myself, 8th Josh.

Thanks to Neil and the PBR team for another great tournament. NB @new forest pinball with an absolute clinic on Meteor. Rolling it in style with about 1.6M? Lost count...

Congrats to Big Dave Fowler who took the win with Anton second, Brad third and Tim fourth.

5th was Dave Tucker, 6th Matt Vince, 7th Yuen Aw and Josh was 8th. rest of the standings can be found here:

I *think* we should get 172% TGP for this event which roughly means 45 points to the winner.

I'd appreciate feedback on the tournament length, If I do this again I'd probably start at 9:30 and not have a lunch break so it would finish closer to 7. Because of machine issues I calculate we lost about 58 minutes which I will factor in next time.

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great day and loved the format and social interaction.
Good to start earlier 👍
Maybe a short break for lunch if people need to go out?
One modern then one classic? Not sure if that would work?

Thanks for the fun tourney Neil and the PBR team!
I didn't mind the length to be honest, though having the modern/classics split did mean that, for example, the Stern room was packed initially then unused later, so it was consistently crowded. Blackout and Future Spa were especially painful!

As Diane says, nice for people who didn't bring food to have time to walk to Starbucks and back...

Well done Dave on the win!
I assume Tim and Matt got a big smooch in?

Congrats to the winners yesterday 👏 👏

Was a great day and as always, great to see and meet new faces 👍🏻

Was a long day, but difficult to see how it could be shortened down without splitting over 2 days - for me, if it was on a Saturday rather than Sunday the duration wouldn't matter as much, as no work the next day/more regular trains to get there/home.

Massive thanks to the Pinball Republic gang for organising/running - always feel very lucky to have the club/tournaments to go to 👌

Had a great time but the day was a bit long. Some of the modern machines play really long games but the classics went at a nice pace.
Definitely needs a lunch break

Back
Top Bottom