What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Machine Location

Stags6969

Registered
Alias
Bilbo Stag
Hi

Not yet got myself a machine and not sure if I have enough floor space downstairs.
Wondered if anyone has a machine upstairs and if so are there any cons to this?

If upstairs is a definite no, how about in an integral garage?

Thanks in advance

It can be done (have done so a few times) but so glad I don’t have to anymore. Its a pain in the ****, some machines depending on weight and connectors (if head is removed). Avoid if at all possible I’d say!

Got 2 upstairs now. Thanks also to Chris b with some help. Not to bad to get up there tbh.

Attachments

• 93F95AC1-F1D0-4A80-9B39-251C4F8649E4.jpeg
    93F95AC1-F1D0-4A80-9B39-251C4F8649E4.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 26
Looks good.
Do you remove the back box from the playing field before taking upstairs?

These machines are very noisy won't that be amplified once upstairs? The enemy of garage storage is the swings in temp/humidity which should be less so with an internal garage and a good candidate to insulate. I see a lot on my estate converted into rooms.

These machines are very noisy won't that be amplified once upstairs? The enemy of garage storage is the swings in temp/humidity which should be less so with an internal garage and a good candidate to insulate. I see a lot on my estate converted into rooms.
The issue I have with the garage, is at present, although it’s integral there is no access from inside the house and making this access would cause an issue in the kitchen area. Also there is the added headache of where to put all the equipment that is stored in the garage.
I think upstairs would be my best bet, but as you say this may limit my playtime to reasonable hours.

Fair comment I assumed internal door. If you lived closer I'd bring a machine round to give you an idea of what's involved.

To be honest I don’t think there too noisy upstairs. We’re lucky to be detached and not close to neighbours so couldn’t really comment on the sound travelling. Now there upstairs there staying but if a games room could be built that’s the best bet.

Also detached and the spare room it would be located in, is the furthest away from our only neighbour, so no issue with noise pollution, other than to the wife and daughter. ?

I live in an end of terrace town house with integrated garage which I had turned into my games room. A door is knocked through into it from the hallway.

I am certain my neighbour has turned theirs into a bedroom as they have so many people living there. Even though I have the volume on my pinball turned to 4, I'm sure the actuators are super loud and the person living there can hear them.

Back
Top Bottom