What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball in Frome Somerset

todler

Site Supporter
Met up with Andy K for a few games of pinball in this retro gaming cafe in Frome today. Well worth a visit if your in the area.

It’s listed on Pinformer and they have DD, FG, GB and DH. All in good nick with no issues. Think most of them were supplied via Niel in WSM.

Cheers Tony

I always try to pop in when up visiting family - my nephews enjoy the retro consoles/arcades. The recent pinball addition are a bonus. Had some good games on GB and DH!
FromeArcade.jpg

Looks cool! I would love to open something like that, I wonder how well it does. Frome seems an ideal location.
If they get the cafe side of it right then should be good. Relying on games taking good money to sustain it would be massive gamble.

The C Quest games cafe place recently opened in Brighton is rammed all the time. Though that is right on the beach, perfect location. The parents buy expensive bottled beers and cakes, the kids entertain themselves on various games/consoles/machines.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the cafe side isn't good. I've gone in wanting to spend money (there is no charge to play the consoles) and the only thing on offer was cheese/ham toasties, crisps and cookies.

Unfortunately the cafe side isn't good. I've gone in wanting to spend money (there is no charge to play the consoles) and the only thing on offer was cheese/ham toasties, crisps and cookies.
I think it depends if you're after a cafe which you can play games at, or a place you can play good games which you can also get drinks and snacks at. I rarely go for food but there's a good selection of drinks.

Here's a picture of one of my recent visits to have a go on the Ghostbusters table ?

Attachments

• IMG_2468.JPG
    IMG_2468.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 39
In Badcox area of Frome... it was the old Pannicias ice cream parlour. It's called Extra Life Video Game Bar. There is a small car park nearby which has a small number of spaces free for an hour (if you're lucky to get one). There is a DND, Dirty Harry, Addams Family, Family Guy and Ghostbusters machine available to play. (don't know how to tag the machines to pinball db sorry, I'm a newbie)

https://goo.gl/maps/LrcdLL3cTy12

Managed to find it, thanks. Had been meaning to pop down with a friend when I can get some time. Sadly have heard that it is shutting down on the 17th July. :(

Yeah a real shame. I’m told that two of the pins (Dirty Harry and Family Guy) are going to the Football Club. The DnD machine is going to the H&B Tyres waiting room. Addams Family and Ghostbusters are going back to Neil in WsM

Yeah a real shame. I’m told that two of the pins (Dirty Harry and Family Guy) are going to the Football Club. The DnD machine is going to the H&B Tyres waiting room. Addams Family and Ghostbusters are going back to Neil in WsM

You will just need to let your tyres down so you can go play it ?

There's a cracking cafe up here in Edinburgh. It has a few candy cabs and all real pcb hardware. Does well. It helps that they do great coffee and cracking toasties.

If you are ever up, Kombo is well worth a visit (sadly no pins though)

I bought my car from Somerset... was well worth the trip.. (Im in Newcastle) Wheres your enthusiasm :)

Well it is - but so is Newcastle. As long as its worth it.
(I once drove down to Devon to buy a Sinistar machine. Wish I still had it - all original it was !)

The cafe has now closed :(

I can confirm that Dirty Harry and Family Guy are at the Frome Football Club on Badgers Hill.

The DnD machine is moving to H&B Tyres Motorcare and workshop on Portway and NOT the Tyre refit along Christchurch Street East.

Ghostbusters and Addams Family are going back to Neil at Pinball Madness

Update on the Frome Pinball situation...

The following machines are now located at a unit on the industrial estate. I think the owner is trying to set up a mini version of SWL with just a handful of machines. So far there are:
  • Family Guy, Stern, 2007
  • Dungeons & Dragons, Bally, 1987
  • Gorgar, Williams 1979
There appears to be room for another 2 machines.

I'm not sure what's happened to the Dirty Harry machine.

Any more information mate? Exact location, opening hours? A Facebook page or anything? I'm just outside of Yeovil so it isn't too far from me.

No Facebook page yet. I think he’s still setting it up. I’ll try to find out more soon and then I’ll respond in this thread.

Not sure what's going on with regards to the unit on the industrial estate... it's still not available to the public.

However, there's a pinball machine back at the original cafe which has reopened as GoRetro and run by someone else. Dirty Harry is in the back of the cafe. £1 per credit, £2 for 3 credits. Each credit is 3 balls. Replay at 270m. The condition is good, the only problem is the tilt warning is set really sensitive and sometimes warns/punishes you even during regular play.

Tilt issue with DH seems to be resolved (or perhaps I was just a little more careful). Cafe owner says that the machine available to play may be on semi-regular rotation with others such as Gorgar, DnD and Bram Stokers Dracula

Back
Top Bottom