What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball in Documentaries, films etc (?)

I've seen:

Pinball 101 by Keith Elwin, a bit ropey on some of the production but also quite cool little remote control camera running around play fields, of course its about learning to play pinball and for that its _very_ good.
Tilt - the battle to save pinball aka the end of Williams Great - could do with a follow up now.
Special When Lit. Ok in bits seems to want to show the wierdo's of pinball more than regular folks.
Wizard mode - absolutely amazing.
Spooky Pinball - very good story of small business startup and the help a small town can give, quite inspiring in many ways.

I got one other one about a couple of red neck changing the play field on a BoP - avoid.

I agree though a new pinball documentary right now would be cool.

Neil.

I've seen:

Pinball 101 by Keith Elwin, a bit ropey on some of the production but also quite cool little remote control camera running around play fields, of course its about learning to play pinball and for that its _very_ good.
Tilt - the battle to save pinball aka the end of Williams Great - could do with a follow up now.
Special When Lit. Ok in bits seems to want to show the wierdo's of pinball more than regular folks.
Wizard mode - absolutely amazing.
Spooky Pinball - very good story of small business startup and the help a small town can give, quite inspiring in many ways.
I got one other one about a couple of red neck changing the play field on a BoP - avoid.
I agree though a new pinball documentary right now would be cool.
Neil.

Ah, I think I got pinball101 confused with Special when lit. soz

Seeing that most of the Documentary's are all made in the US, have we no budding film makers that could do one about the UK pinball scene and the sudden popularity in the pinball world in general.
Think we need a UK respective on what's what in the pinball world.

Seeing that most of the Documentary's are all made in the US, have we no budding film makers that could do one about the UK pinball scene and the sudden popularity in the pinball world in general.
Think we need a UK respective on what's what in the pinball world.
What better place to start filming than Britain's biggest pinball show!

We've got all sorts of people in this community someone must have connections with filming?

BTW I don't know anyone who's into filming.

Yeah! I'm a director (about to start shooting 2nd unit on a WW2 movie about 303 squadron next week) then I'm off to LA and then when I return I'll be shooting a short film project) and I used to produce and direct factual TV for Sky.

Why am I saying all that? well, a few of my friends keep suggesting that I shoot a documentary about pinball -- and it could be fun, if we can find the right angle to make it appeal to the mainstream. But these things take a lot of time. And it's all about time! There was talk about me shooting something with Heighway pinball but it never happened, which was a shame.

if we can find the right angle to make it appeal to the mainstream.

From an angle point of view how about a 2 tale story about the competitive side vs the collecting/restoring/geeky. Plenty of both to choose from on here. My quest for a decent London venue for competitive pinball venue still goes on but finding one is as rare as finding rocking horse sh*t.

My dream (and it probably sill always remain such) is to help bring pinball back to the masses like many on here. Ideally I would like to start an M Sports (Mechanical Sports) league/set up with some decent prize money involved (I play a lot of Call of Duty online and E Sports is a massive industry with their Ginx E Gaming head quarters in West London). Our course it will never be as big as COD but as we know, as good as Pinball Arcade is, you just cant beat the real thing.

I've even thought about crowdfunding it etc etc. I love the fact we have PAPA and everything it does but it's in the states. I want us Brits represented on a world stage for this crazy 'hobby' we have.

And yes, before you say it, I probably am deluded/crazy/wishful.........

From an angle point of view how about a 2 tale story about the competitive side vs the collecting/restoring/geeky. Plenty of both to choose from on here. My quest for a decent London venue for competitive pinball venue still goes on but finding one is as rare as finding rocking horse sh*t.

My dream (and it probably sill always remain such) is to help bring pinball back to the masses like many on here. Ideally I would like to start an M Sports (Mechanical Sports) league/set up with some decent prize money involved (I play a lot of Call of Duty online and E Sports is a massive industry with their Ginx E Gaming head quarters in West London). Our course it will never be as big as COD but as we know, as good as Pinball Arcade is, you just cant beat the real thing.

I've even thought about crowdfunding it etc etc. I love the fact we have PAPA and everything it does but it's in the states. I want us Brits represented on a world stage for this crazy 'hobby' we have.

And yes, before you say it, I probably am deluded/crazy/wishful.........
"Build it and they will come" (Field of Dreams)

@Sam C
Time for you to step up, again.
Do you have the link to the film you did at Andy Netherwood' s a few years ago?

Ha ha. I watched this episode last night also and was going to post. You beat me to it. There was just no need for it. Shame on the directors....:(:(

Ha ha. I watched this episode last night also and was going to post. You beat me to it. There was just no need for it. Shame on the directors....:(:(
Not to be anal but BOP wasn't even out yet in the time period this series is set ( sometime in the 80's ) :)

I see The Flash has a Flight 2000 and a Gamatron, unusual to see those 2 together. Are there any Gamatron's in the UK?

IMG_20190126_130053535.jpg

Bob's burgers, s9 e2, Rockstar and Manchester by the sea, in Family Fun time.
Brilliant.

DC Titans on Netflix, TZ and TAF have made a couple of prominent appearances.

In one episode TZ was being played but with completely different sound effects for some reason (nothing to do with TZ at all). Made me want to write to Points of View.

Yankee productions often use electro-mechanical sound effects when a machine is played. And machines are often too young to be present in a particular setting, e.g Happy Days, American Graffiti.

I’ve managed to see TILT: THE BATTLE TO SAVE PINBALL, SPECIAL WHEN LIT, THE HISTORY OF PINBALL and a compilation video on YouTube which seems to have Pinballsin’ / Balls of Steel and another one Ball Save or something all edited together. All worth watching to one degree or another but agree with a comment made essentially saying the great pinball doc has yet to be made.

I’ve got WIZARD MODE and ROAD TO PINBALL cued up to watch on Amazon Prime and also noticed you can rent THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT: THE SPOOKY PINBALL STORY on there.

Struggling to find PINBALL PASSION doc, anyone seen that one?

Also anyone heard of any more news about a new addition of AMC’s THE HISTORY OF PINBALL which apparently has been doing some filming at events?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason I watched 'special when lit' again today.

At about 25 mins in, they say 'all sexually frustrated people play Pinball'.

Got me thinking...,.... And they are probably right.

Anyone own up to this????

You can't be with your other half 24/7.

Another call for assistance in sourcing a digital copy of PINBALL PASSION (2008). Never seen this documentary but would like to. Availability on DVD seems very limited, especially in the UK.

Last edited:
Or was it - I think pinball news has a review on its old site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, I have seen the 1998 THE HISTORY OF PINBALL. It’s actually up on YouTube:

I read somewhere, might of been browsing/lurking on PinSide/Site thread that AMC were actually making a new instalment of this documentary. Filming at conventions last year or this year. Not entirely sure. Hence why I thought I’d ask.

Wasn't sure to put this here or not but it is always good to see these wee vids about pinball passions and starting bars with pinball in them.
Although the title threw me as I was expecting a Pinball magic restore 😂

Back
Top Bottom