What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball in a pub?

@RobZombie I work full time but wife doesn’t. So was going to get her to sort the cash and then if I need to go fix it, I can do this in the evening (and have a pint while I’m at it).

Oh no, it’s broken again.... [emoji481]

I wouldn't worry to much about the security aspect. The pub will have CCTV and signs telling people there is CCTV so if anyone is that desperate to crowbar open a machine in a pub whilst being watched by CCTV on the off chance there may be more than £40 in there probably wouldn't be in the nice pub in the first place.

I’m only 5 mins down the road, I need to know where I can play ghostbusters in a pub?

http://www.pinformer.co.uk/

Pinformer is your friend ! :)

The only thing I would say is the volume is kept quite low on it - so as not to p*ss off the non pinhead customers enjoying their food :rolleyes: - so best to hit it at quiet times so you can hear it a bit.

Not sure if that pin would do that well. You might make a small amount initially but would tale off pretty quickly. As Phil said you need a newish Stern or a better game that has that one more game itch..

This is a sound plan - you're basically extending your games room into the pub:thumbs:

I've been chatting to the landlord in my local about putting a machine in his place.

We've decided on 60/40 in my favor, I do all the repairs which is fine as I drive past it every night on the way home from work.

I'm thinking WCS as it is a theme people understand, family friendly with an easy goal and it is one of my most reliable pins.

Should hopefully be going out in the next few weeks. :)

What do people think of £1/1 £2/3?

Always wondered about retro fitting old cabs with some 5v fans for PC cases.

Anyone tried this? I was thinking about it a while ago. You could set up a pretty basic push/pull 2 fan system in the bottom of most cabs. A hole with some mesh by the speaker would do the job.

The backbox would be a little bit different but I'm sure it could be done.

I'd think some sort of ventilation would add a ton of hours to any pin on location

Years ago a boozer near me offered a weekly gallon of Wards best bitter prize for highest score ending Sunday night around 9.30pm............. I won it once on That Freddy Krueger machine, and god was I was rough as **** monday morning at work....... :sad:

Anyone up north that's had Wards best bitter from Sheaf brewery will know what I mean...

@RobZombie I work full time but wife doesn’t. So was going to get her to sort the cash and then if I need to go fix it, I can do this in the evening (and have a pint while I’m at it).

If you want I would be more than happy to give you the vibe of putting your pinball in a pub by dropping round to your pad, urinating in the corner, throwing a pint across your pin, chucking a kebab across your bedroom and then carving my name into both dining and pinball table....Would even give you £20 for the pleasure. It would save you having to ship the pin......I’d even throw in waking your neighbours up for nowt...

It’s good to help fellow members.....

Sounds like a plan :) Maybe get the wife to leave your beer money in the machine.

I can vaguely remember the inside of a pub. Must be 5yrs ago since I've been in one after lunchtime!

I've been chatting to the landlord in my local about putting a machine in his place.

We've decided on 60/40 in my favor, I do all the repairs which is fine as I drive past it every night on the way home from work.

I'm thinking WCS as it is a theme people understand, family friendly with an easy goal and it is one of my most reliable pins.

Should hopefully be going out in the next few weeks. :)

What do people think of £1/1 £2/3?
Exactly the pricing i had. Also the same split.
I had a WCS on location before. It didn't get played as much as getaway. That diverter at the top is a right nobhead too. I really don't like the mechanism for it.
Good game though. Everyone seems to have a different game as their favourite, but most people liked the getaway.

Back
Top Bottom