What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apparently it's no April Fools, ABBA, PB's next pin.

I'm thinking Apocalypse Now
Possibly but I can't imagine that theme selling that well. They would have a relationship with both licensors, universal and Disney.

Predator makes more sense, I think Disney are trying to do something new with that, so having walking free adverts in us bars would be desirable.

I can't help thinking because it's such an accurate model, then the theme would need to involve the exact helicopter.

Which leads to here :

.. which includes Abba ,MASH and GTA amongst them....

Last edited:
and that hotel has some Abba form from a few years ago:

The Original Band - Music of ABBA & Mamma Mia​

The Original Band - plays all of ABBA's classics.
It wouldn't really work, the band and the original musicians who played with ABBA during their heyday, on a club scene in a hotel in Örebro. But Clarion Hotel Örebro dares, we bring in The Original Band, with names like Lasse Wellander, Åke Sundqvist, Mike Watson and Johan Stengård. The cream of the crop of legendary Swedish musicians. Perhaps the coolest thing is that the multi-artist, the man who designed ABBA's stage costumes, Owe Sandström, is part of the project, which means that the show contains ABBA's original costumes.
Secure your place. This will be something completely unique.
Welcome to a weekend full of music, nostalgia and experiences!

Is it actually going to be ABBA, or am I being whooshed here? Couldn't think of a worse theme

Queen was a complete failure, so I'd hope they wouldn't double down on another music pin.

I find music pins so dull..
Spend some time on Met and you will eat your words. I didn’t buy for the music and not even a fan but it just suits pinball.
EJ is also something very special with a Ritchie layout on steroids.

Its a dream theme for me, but coming from the Pinball brothers im a bit worried how it will turn out. Wasnt impressed with Queen. Had it been JJP or Stern there would be games listed for sale from me right now.
For those not sure on the theme, differences in personal tastes I get, but I thought the same about Elton John as not a disliker but nor a big fan, but when I came to play it I quickly changed my mind as I realised JJP and Steve Ritchie had created a masterpiece.
If its done properly, it could be fantastic, but I feel its a big if. Time will tell.

ABBA have sold 150 million albums.

All they have to do is sell 1,000-2,000 games. Seems to be quite easy.......

Most people I know who call themselves Abba fans are young girls and women of 'a certain pedigree' age wise. Can I see them paying out £10-12K on a pinball? Dont get me wrong, men do like them, but they wont list them in any top 10 most fave bands list, but it seems most the worlds population has Abba gold on CD. Us musicians comment on the song writting abilities, we admire them.

I think Queen is a great game. Just has awful sound (not the songs) and shocking artwork.

I have given up with pinball and bands now. Rush/Queen/Zeppelin are 3 of my favourite acts. All ruined by mainly artwork.

According to wiki - out of the top 10 biggest selling acts in the world Michael Jackson, Rhianna, Pink Floyd and Madonna do not have pinball machines licensed by them.

I would like to see Pinball Brothers make an unlicensed pinball.

Will ABBA make them a fortune? Only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom