What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apparently it's no April Fools, ABBA, PB's next pin.

I wonder whether you might find one of two in the gay community that aren't in total agreement with you on that...
Out of quite a few male gay people I know - none of them list ABBA as in the top 5 bands.

In fact - just because someone is gay does not make him automatically listen to Erasure and Abba.

I think you are being a little stereotypical with this opinion buddy.

Four of my gay male friends go to see the heaviest of metal shows when they come to brum. They would be more likely to buy a Napalm Death pinball if they ever made one.... wouldnt put it past PB.....

Apparently I've ruined Mr brownstone for the wife by playing JJ guns in the house......hmmm perhaps this abba pin has some appeal, 6 months to banish abba for ever from any playlists in the house, sounds like a great deal 😏

I have no interest in an ABBA themed pin, but still I think attending a launch party will be fun. I live only about 90 minutes away, so I bought a couple of tickets and plan to go. Will post pictures / report here after the event!

Mamma Mia!
Going to be popular with dancing queens
Does your mother know your going?
Grand champion takes it all
Gimme gimme gimme a Rudy after midnight
Knowing me knowing Pup we might be in on this (aha!)
Just give Phil a ring ring
Might take a chance on it
In the end its all about the money money money

It's just a notion, and don't shut me down, but I wonder when all is said and done if at least one of us will be head over heels in a dream world.

I'll get my coat.

• Haha
Reactions: PUP
I must be the wrong demographic, because this would be one of the last pinball themes I'd ever go for!

There's a reason that nearly every pinball machine released is based on rock bands or 70s/80s/90s tv shows/movies

Yeah im really not feeling this one either, at least Elton has a history with pinball in pop culture. Just don't see the music gelling with pinball at all.

Queen has sold 'okay' over here.
Not as good as Alien....

Who knows how it will sell - time will tell.

It could be the best game ever!!!!

If anyone is worried about build quality then do not by the Pedretti remakes as they make PB games.

"Wrong manufacturer". I agree and disagree at the same time. I have played both Alien and Queen more than a few times, LOVE the alien movies, like Queen. Still they are not my favorite games by a long shot even though they are solid games. Maybe a little too solid and "soul less". No clunks or rattles, super quiet and smooth, almost gives me a feeling I am playing a Virtual pin. Never seen any quality issues with either game. So with solid games and themes that I love / like, why am I not feeling it?

Fact of the matter is that no recent music pin does it for me (Queen, GnR, Foo Fighters, Rush, Led Zeppelin) even though I Love / Like all those bands. I think it is hard to create a "story" and a rule set centered around a band simply because all of us have our own personal set of emotions and experiences to these bands "I love this song because it reminds me of...." or "This song makes me sad because it was played on the radio...." and so on, and you also tend to listen to the music many times over years / decades further deepening that emotional bond to the music. A music pin is usually shipped with a handfull to a dozen songs. It becomes like playing the same record over and over again on a bad sound system in a noisy environment full of distractions. Personally I prefer to listen to my favorite bands on my HiFi system. Movie / super hero themes are easier. With few exceptions I tend to watch a movie once or a few times and then move on and not think much more of it. Much easier to build a story around without creating conflicting feelings for me as a player. Also much easier to expand on the excisiting story line, where as with a music pin, you have to create some sort of story / conflict (aliens in Foo Fighters for instance).

When it comes to Alien, I think for me this simply boils down to rule set and theme integration and all manufacturers fail at this regularly. The theme it self has the potential to be great in a pinball game.

PB doing another music pin as their "third" game is a risky move no doubt especially with a band such as ABBA. ABBA was great back in the day, but when did you last hear ABBA play on someones favorite play list at a dinner party, or say "ABBA" when asked what their favorite music is. To me it seems like the fans have moved on! I don't think it will sell well based on theme, it will have to be a great playing / shooting game. JJP seems to have pulled one out of the hat with Elton John, but the initial reaction at the announcement was "huh?". Let's hope PB can do the same!

I do want PB to succeed. It would be very cool with a another manufacturer firmly on the market especially in my own back yard.

Everyone has an opinion on PB, I own Alien Ripley most immersive game I've played.... by a long long way. Most packed game for less than the price of a Stern pro and half the price of a JJP.
Where PB cannot be knocked is their customer service, logged a ticket on Monday regarding a couple of parts I was concerned with, sent replacements and extra spares out FedEx Wednesday from Italy and arrived in sunny Wales today .... over Easter holiday !!
I have items posted in the UK last week that haven't arrived at my local depot let alone delivered.

How many people are still waiting for broken coil stop replacements off NIB games from Stern...

Last edited:
Not the 9 o'clock pinball
Squish hedgehogs for extra ball whilst avoiding a flange of miffed gorillas

When Abba finish in London - I reckon Kiss will take over the arena as they are doing avatars now.

Now that could be a good theme - Avatar :)

I have seen a couple of images of the Abba playfield but the only way of telling what is a good game/bad game is playing it.

So, a not highly regarded company that still has the stank of Heighway on it follows up a poor offering by way of Queen with an equally poor theme aimed at who knows who? Makes AP seem the paragon of good commercial decisions.

So, a not highly regarded company that still has the stank of Heighway on it follows up a poor offering by way of Queen with an equally poor theme aimed at who knows who? Makes AP seem the paragon of good commercial decisions.
Queen would of been a lot better with decent art.
Not seen any cab art yet - I really am not looking forward to that.
Alien is a great game.
Whilst I dislike putting PROC or FAST pinball into a commercial pinball, I wish PB had done that. At least you could keep the game going in a few years, as unless they are putting all eggs in one basket soon with Pedretti (making the remakes) - I would wonder if they will be in business for much longer.
If ever I got hold of a full throttle - I would PROC it...... and install proper switches.

More details here

I believe ABBA performance captured 3 additonal songs that aren't currently in the set list : 'Take A Chance On Me', 'Super Trouper' and 'Money Money Money'

Could this be the exclusive content I wonder ?
Knowing that Ludvig Andersson, son of the ABBA band member Benny Andersson is the driving force for the game makes me think it could be something like that. - he was heaviliy involved in Voyage.

I’ve got to say that I hoped, if someone did ABBA, they did Mamma Mia! It’s silly, it’s campy, it’s got great character - some really funny clips for the LCD too. It’s just more, well, pinball. I could totally imagine some of the toys/modes/themes.

ABBA itself, less so.

Back
Top Bottom