What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball arcade - pc version friends list

Okay well CV finished with a top score of 291,173,960 for NOAK. So that's another resounding win! Well done.

Sam - I thought you had that one with 190,134,340 million!

I came 3rd with 139,320,470

John you cam fourth with 88,053,540

And my good friend Alex, I'm afraid you came last with 71,362,440

It's good to see everyone ends up battering their own personal record when they concentrate on 1 table. It's easy with TPA to be a kid in a sweet shop and play a little of everything and master nothing:p

I think we all agreed white water this week so good luck with that everyone

Yup thought I had it in the bag as well, Noak seems to be on top of his game at the moment though! Trouble with CV as good as it is just like the ToTan genie battle exploit. Get to ringmaster battle and then just constantly fail at it, at 1mil a hit on him if you can keep going it is a very lucrative way of getting big scores. I nearly got to the wizard mode twice in that 190mil game but I drained just as it was lit, shame!

Still on to White Water, should be good!

After playing my first few games on CV at the beginning of last week I scored around the 120-130 milllion points. At that stage I thought I'd be able to get to the 200 million mark by the end of the week as I'd missed plenty of scoring opportunities and was still getting used to the ruleset. A day or 2 later I had a few better games scoring around the 150 milllion mark, the best of which was the 159 mil which stood as my best for a while. Although a reasonable score I expected it to be beaten and Archyta5 responded with an excellent score of 190 mil. It wasn't until around 9 or 10 Sunday evening I managed to find time to have a final stab at it and pulled off the 291 mil.

Theres always an element of luck with pinball and on the night that was just how it was meant to be I guess. I often find both on real tables and in the pinball arcade that if a high score is going to happen for you it will be in the first 2 or 3 games you play or not at all. I guess you just get tired and/or ****ed off and that reflects in your play. When I scored the 291mil I started one game before but drained the ball early on and so restarted and then up come the score.

About 50 of my 291 mil was scored in the ringmaster battle. I wasn't trying to long it out really, by this stage I had about 200 mil up. Although I tried I never managed to actually beat him though despite peppering him a constant barrage of pinballs at one stage. I think he must regenerate faster as time progresses and by the time I started hitting him consistently he was too hard to beat!

It's a shame that you missed the second chance at the wizard mode Archyta5 as the score definitely climbs faster as the game progresses. I managed to get the second wizard mode in my last game and its ultimately what made up the difference between our scores. Concentrating on one table definitely seems to lead to high scores, I'd normally play a few tables in a session instead of just trying to high score on one. Its all good fun though and I'm enjoying the challenge of playing against you guys and genuinely surprised quite how high we are getting globally.

Looking forward to playing White Water this week as its one of my favourite tables and I really want to get a real one at some point. Best of luck everyone, let the high scores flow!

Had a couple of alright games tonight, a 1.1 and a 1.2 billion. Squandered some really good opportunities in both and past my best tonight now so your 1.7 billion is safe for now ;)

Is nobody else getting the issues I am with the glitches? Is there a way to check for updates for pinball arcade through steam or will they update automatically?

Is nobody else getting the issues I am with the glitches? Is there a way to check for updates for pinball arcade through steam or will they update automatically?

I haven't been able to replicate it mate, sorry. I can only really suggest that you verify the integrity of the game cache as it's Steam's only real way of doing a fix (although generally this is if this game is busted and it is missing important files, so I don't think it will fix the problem). If you google "Steam verify cache integrity" it should pop up. Steam updates games automatically unless you have that feature turned off.

Is nobody else getting the issues I am with the glitches?

Yep, I get a repeating glitch on my netbook (but not my desktop). Fortunately it's just an irritation: sometimes a game freezes on start, then I have to launch Task Manager etc.

My steam installation updates automatically.

So now that White Water is well underway, vote for the next one? I'm gonna go for a total wildcard and say El Dorado: City of Gold next as nothing really jumps at my currently.

Unfortunately the game has plenty of glitches, many of which seem to have gone unfixed for some time. It seems that Farsight are more interested in releasing new tables than sorting out the problems though. Have you been to http://pinballarcadefans.com/forumdisplay.php/13-PC? Theres a bug list there and the developer seems to half regard it as an official channel.

What sort of setup are you guys playing on? I only really ever play on my desktop PC which has more than enough power to run the game flat out without breaking a sweat (it's not a very demading game at all), a wired Xbox controller and a 24" 1920x1200 monitor in portrait mode. This offers a good view of the whole playfield without scrolling and fine analog control nudges.

Not really feeling the El Dorado: City of Gold if I'm honest but I'll happily play whatever. How about we add Cueball Wizard and Creature from the Black Lagoon to the list and everybody votes for their favouite from the three?

Unfortunately the game has plenty of glitches, many of which seem to have gone unfixed for some time. It seems that Farsight are more interested in releasing new tables than sorting out the problems though. Have you been to http://pinballarcadefans.com/forumdisplay.php/13-PC? Theres a bug list there and the developer seems to half regard it as an official channel.

What sort of setup are you guys playing on? I only really ever play on my desktop PC which has more than enough power to run the game flat out without breaking a sweat (it's not a very demading game at all), a wired Xbox controller and a 24" 1920x1200 monitor in portrait mode. This offers a good view of the whole playfield without scrolling and fine analog control nudges.

Not really feeling the El Dorado: City of Gold if I'm honest but I'll happily play whatever. How about we add Cueball Wizard and Creature from the Black Lagoon to the list and everybody votes for their favouite from the three?
Im playing with the same setup except a marginally bigger monitor. Portrait mode is the way to go!
Shame about the bugs really. They should fix them at a quicker rate.

I vote cue ball wizard for next week

Hello Pinball Arcade PC fans. I've been playing PA on the iPad and iPhone for ages but only just got it via Steam today after I spotted a post on Facebook saying that the Season 1 Pack is on sale at 25% off. Better still, the Launch Pack of Theatre of Magic, Ripley's BION and BLACK HOLE are just £0.01. Yes, 1p! So now I have my favourite pinball ever, BLACK HOLE, on my laptop too. Awesome.

Think you have to do it from within the app. So get the freebie install, then from within the app select Season One, pick (eg) Ripleys and buy that.

It's a shame Farsight have adopted this model of in-game purchases, because if this deal was visible within the Steam Summer Sale that is going on at the moment it would probably attract a lot of new players / new customers for them.

Just took the liberty of updating current scores on the spreadsheet. They might still change of course but it all looks fairly familiar!

I couldn't play much this week, house guests all week then camping at the weekend, but hoping we'll have another round next week.

But playing what? Cue Ball Wizard just about has the most votes, is that the one I should now practise??

Well done again to Aaron for crushing White Water, I believe with something around the 3.5 billion mark. I have updated the spreadsheet for Cue Ball Wizard this week so get going on it guys, might be nice to see someone else win for a change!

Sorry everyone had a busy week and had 2 scores not register whiched ****ed me off. I had my stag do all day Saturday and was in no state to even stand up yesterday let alone play TPA.!

No suggestions yet for next week? Is this competition losing its appeal?

Personally I was well pleased with my score this week. I might be last again, but I'm getting nearer to that 3rd place I'm aiming for.

So,

Taxi? El Dorado City of Gold?

or Class of 1812??

I will go with El Dorado since it is off the beaten track a bit. Does seem to be slowing down a bit, maybe we need some fresh blood!
El dorado for me. I'm still very much enjoying it but with World Cup and wedding planning I just don't have that much time at the mo.

Still nice to concentrate on 1 table every week. Would be better if we had around at least 10 people!

Loving el dorado! What a great table. Simple............. If u fek up u know its ur fault and can't blame bad luck. I like that.

It has a "just one more go playability"

What do you guys think?

Sorry guys been really busy the last week or so as I've had a lot on at work followed by a weekend in Amsterdam for my mates stag. Well done to Archyta5 for his high score on Cueball Wizard.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised by El dorado, thinking it looked awful its actually quite a lot of fun. Quite nice to have a table with a ruleset you could write on a stamp this week, very easy to get stuck into it. Being less popular than most we should be able to get some high ranking worldwide scores up on this one.

I don't really mind what we play next week to be honest, what are you guys feeling?

Loving el dorado! What a great table. Simple............. If u fek up u know its ur fault and can't blame bad luck. I like that.

It has a "just one more go playability"

What do you guys think?

Like it a lot, but I like simple tables - I like EMs and this is pretty close.

Any table for me next week, just enjoying concentrating one at a time too.

Hey, it's Tuesday evening and I'm still 3rd :wave:

I have a question -

Every time I rack up the maximum bonus and the 3 times multiplier I always get 660,000 ish points. Once the bonus has all been collected I can't see any more big points to gather. There must be some but other than the extra ball I can't see how I can get over 2.4 mil with 4 balls.

Am I missing something major?

Back
Top Bottom