What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Pinball 2000 original computer (with RFM roms/daughterboard/prism card) - £150

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
Hey all,

Just converting another Revenge from mars so the PC is going.

Cost is £150 plus postage to a group member. It is on ebay for more.

Removed 10 minutes ago from a working game that has a screen that finally gave up after. The game will play without the screen of course and everything is fine so the PC is working okay.

Looks in nice condition inside, fairly clean. Has been in home use for years.

As the owners have found a SWEP1 kit, they are going NuCore/Pinbox conversion.

So - £150 plus £10 courier charge.

Also due to work arrangements I can not post this until very early next week as I am away a few days from Wednesday afternoon.

IMG_8529.jpg

IMG_8530.jpg

Last edited:
Hate to see more RFM/SWEP1's getting butchered. The game is worth so much more with the original equipment, and it just needs to be bulletproofed with a proper service.

Hopefully whoever buys this will put another Pinball 2000 game back to original. :)

Hate to see more RFM/SWEP1's getting butchered. The game is worth so much more with the original equipment, and it just needs to be bulletproofed with a proper service.

Hopefully whoever buys this will put another Pinball 2000 game back to original. :)

I dislike even more people who install alternative artwork/translites on games......

Everyone has an opinion on these subjects.

But thank you for expressing your concerns on my for sale post.

Drat missed it looked nice and clean !!

Anyway not having one of these before (bought @domlouis a few weeks ago )
What do you mean a "proper service "to make the original bullet proof @PeteB ? ,not done any work on these before , mind you it does play like a dream anyway put it's nice to lean new things 👍

cheers ste, that size screen are getting harder to find! not got a pin2k but same size in most arcade games

I didnt even think about that to be honest, with being into the arcade cabs thats the reason i want to keep the RFM running on the original crt as not many pin guys are bothered as much i dont think lol

I dislike even more people who install alternative artwork/translites on games......

Me too. Horrible thing to do and I don't know why anyone would buy them.

Least they're easily changed though.

Everyone has an opinion on these subjects.

But thank you for expressing your concerns on my for sale post.

No probs at all, gonna do it in more posts in future. 🤣

Drat missed it looked nice and clean !!

Anyway not having one of these before (bought @domlouis a few weeks ago )
What do you mean a "proper service "to make the original bullet proof @PeteB ? ,not done any work on these before , mind you it does play like a dream anyway put it's nice to lean new things 👍

@carl lawrence - I am sorry but you can not make a 20 year old cyrix based computer 'bullet proof'. You can do the following:
1 - Install a bigger heatsink and CPU fan
2 - install a new AT PSU (110v) or convert an ATX (some of the boards actually will take a ATX directly).
3 - Replace the batteries on the motherboard and the ones on the PRISM card
That is about all you can do.
Sooner or later - capacitors are going to dry out (if they havent already) and I wouldnt fancy re-capping a motherboard that is probably quad layered.

@myPinballs does work on the computers if you do have a problem. I have sent him a couple of old computers I had before - and I know he has a nice stock of bits.

The motherboard just needs all it's capacitors replacing, new coin cell batteries and a CPU fan upgrade, combined with an application of modern thermal paste over the CPU/heatsink.

Power supply can be replaced, most of them are sold at 240v but if you look under the sticker on the back there is a switch to change them to 110v.

The monitor is pretty easy to rebuild also, and provided it doesn't have any burn or issues like that, the boards can be rebuilt with new capacitors, flyback etc. I covered some of this in my RFM shop log. Link in my signature. Failing that, a replacement Wells Gardner monitor should be easy to find.

Yes I have a nice hoard of spares for originals computers. Plenty of stuff should people need something.

Unfortunatrly even though I do like originality myself and in my own arcade games, original computers for pin2k cannot always be saved and even if they can still bog during heavy use, or when the driver board is updating fast response switches.( look at the secret weapon mode when a ball goes into the pops) The computer just isn’t upto the task, so I run pinbox myself.

Replacing caps on a motherboard isn’t a magic win every time. Plus prism cards fail alot more now with sound faults. Dcs hardware issues.

Spent a lifetime fixing and helping keep pin2k alive! From both software updates and hardware fixes/upgrades. Love RFM!

Thank you for your replies gentleman :thumbs:
Was thinking it just needs the fan cleaning / replace and change the battery on the CPU board , did not know there is a battery in the prism card and you have to split the boards to get to it , I don't have a tool for that ! Jim (@myPinballs ) it would be nice to have mine have a service , if you are ok with that please :)
If you can that would be super do per ! I am in no rush ,not even in this county at the mo
PS sorry for any grammar mistakes it's very late here and the beer is cheep ;)

Back
Top Bottom