What's new

Wanted Pin2DMD colourization files for Scared Stiff

Good news on Power Supply - Rule’s that out, and clearly running ok from your pic.

If you could send a close up of data cable plugged in to the PIN2DMD board that would help. Latest version may help - really easy to upgrade (posted instructions last week).

EF8D2964-8333-42AE-95DE-CB3FAD88D835.jpeg

Is the red line going to pin 1 I can't tell from that?

Neither can I :)

According to connector diagram on Pin2DMD site - Pin 1 on connector on board is bottom left as you look at it in the above photo. Not sure which Pin 1 is on cable connector - suspect it might be top left pin on photo as you look at it but if we flip connector around that would make it bottom right pin which would make it totally wrong!

Here are the files.
Make sure you unzip them and put them in the root directory of the sd card.
Then put sd card back in machine and restart.
The display should change colour on the pin2dmd logo - this is normal for a second before the normal dmd files kick in from machine.

It is tricky to tell... at least it’s in the right connector!

Guessing it’s not a keyed connector. Flip it... won’t harm anything.

[/URL]

Here are the files.
Make sure you unzip them and put them in the root directory of the sd card.
Then put sd card back in machine and restart.
The display should change colour on the pin2dmd logo - this is normal for a second before the normal dmd files kick in from machine.

Thanks Phil but just sends me on an endless loop of answering a pinball related question and/or clicking boxes with pictures of traffic lights or buses or cars etc. when I try set up an account to make sure i'm not a bloody robot which I clearly must be as it won't let me create an account!

Doh! Didn't notice it was telling me my password needed to be strong before it would let me join!

Joined, files downloaded, will update post once I've had chance to se if they work.

Thanks for all the support thus far.

I don’t know where to start on mine, might put the Original Display in as looks bit out my depth to be fair
You mentioned 24 above, I've not seen a colour file shared for that. Pin2DMD is still a great DMD though and if yours is activated you just need to install it, if you don't like the default colours then choose one of the gradient palettes in the built in menu or apply your own with a different mix of colours using the editor or tool. You can fully colour it yourself using the Editor which is quite fun but a serious thief of time.

Hi mines in and installed, just some scenes just pink and neon blue. Do I need to put my SD card in my laptop for the default colours? Looks like set to blue at moment

Would like to attempt colouring it myself but by looking at the editor seems out of my skill set.

Hi mines in and installed, just some scenes just pink and neon blue. Do I need to put my SD card in my laptop for the default colours? Looks like set to blue at moment

Would like to attempt colouring it myself but by looking at the editor seems out of my skill set.

It sounds like they're the default colours it's picking up from your SD card then, I think the pin2dmd.pal file. To experiment you can remove the SD card (machine off) then scroll through the built-in gradient palettes but these are shades of a single colour - section 3. of pin2dmd.com tells you how to access the onscreen menu using the DMD buttons to do this.

For a better result, you'll want to experiment with a better default palette to map each shade, I'm not sure the easiest way to do this, I set mine using the Pin2DMD Editor but the Pin2DMD Tool https://pin2dmd.com/tool/ (that you connect via USB) describes similar.

Hopefully the more experienced guys will chip in with advice, it's worth the effort. The community authors are going great guns, I'm sure 24 will be done in time :thumbs:

Had a mess around and thanks for the tip! Seems was set to default, little messing got it a single colour but works well, makes it more easier on the eye.
Definitely need to try and do it myself when can find the spare time thanks for all your help @astyy

Back
Top Bottom