What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paint for legs and rails

The paint you've linked is what PeteB uses it gives a hard smooth finish once cured with a heat gun. They sell it in the Range too. I used it on lockdown bar and rails over etch primer and just normal satin black rattle cans on the legs.

I would advise powder coating probably cost £20 I got a whole pin done, legs, rails, hinges coin door in a matt speckle finish for £40
Who did your powder coating, are you happy with it and are they anywhere close to me?

Cheers

Who did your powder coating, are you happy with it and are they anywhere close to me?

Cheers

A place in Carnoustie called coat-tech they do a great job just picked up a metal video game cabinet they did for me, saves loads of work sanding priming painting etc! by the time you buy all the paint and stuff just as well getting it done proper

Ronnie

DSC04431.JPG DSC04432.JPG DSC04433.JPG DSC04428.JPG

Wow that's quite an improvement Ronnie, does that covered-up rust not just come back through, or is it game over for rust as no more oxygen can get to the metal?

All looks like new

All the parts you see was £40, first they get an acid bath to remove old paint then bead blasted to remove rust before coating, well worth the money, all the parts on the pin match

Ronnie

DSC04678.JPG DSC04680.JPG Yes certainly worth it as now spray can will ever get that finish, here is another thing I just had done, not pinball but good example, this was £60

Nice work Ronnie, definitely the way forward. Your getting a really good finish and not having any of the dirty work.

You can get a decent finish with a spray can. Preparation is everything though. By the time you've removed all paint and rust down to bare metal, primed, sprayed and lacquered it's probably worth getting them blasted and powder coated in the first place. Tougher than spraying aswell.

When we move house and shift the pin, i will be getting this done on the No Fear. Great info guys - thanks!

Local spray shop near me does powder coating cash in hand (ask no questions etc) and did side rails and legs for forty quid. It's worth popping in and asking - powder coat finish is better looking and better wearing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forgot to say that it's all shot blasted and looks like/better than new. Spraying it yourself isn't really that cheap and isn't as good as powder coat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom