What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering parts from jjp

Spadge

Registered
Hi, I recently ordered some parts for my woz from jjp as I’m converting it to an emerald green version, with trim and various decals, mods.

Unfortunately it wasn’t packed properly and all 4 legs had fallen out along the way, the topper I’d ordered was also smashed in two. Later I found that the shooter housing wasn’t prepped for powder coating properly and the screws don’t fit as a result - all pretty disappointing.

To add insult to injury, parcel force just put the package in my hallway saying it was given to me and signed for (a pic of the signature which wasnt me was available).

Multiple complaints are underway, I’m not s fan of hassle and generally my many orders arrive safe and sound from everywhere.

You should have gone through the UK distributor (me) if you don't want the hassle of importing yourself etc. I just brought a container over so would have one in there, carriage and damage free :)

Phil

Fair enough Phil, never really had many issues buying bits from the USA, just seems like rank bad packing on JJP’s part - legs must have been loose in a flimsy box.

Also they were fairly specific items ordered from their support store, nothing you’d really find in stock elsewhere.

As you know one of my first stops for most parts is a place in Preston ;-)

Last edited:
Yeah I know :)

Just so frustrating when something that would have been so easy for me to sort for you has ended up being such a pain.

P

You won't get anywhere with Parcelforce I'm afraid, I've never heard of anyone who has. The warehouse manager here basically can't be bothered even raising disputes anymore.

Very shoddy packing on the part of JJP though, there's no reason for this stuff to get damaged in transit if they are packed properly. Also extra disappointing given the time it takes for stuff to arrive from the States, and the initial excitement in receiving it.

Yeah, although I didn’t get a choice with Parcelforce, they are just the agents and signature stuff aside likely not responsible for the packing and breakage.

You spend all that dough with JJP, the firm simply treats you like a cùnt.

Phil actually provides a service. He is a great buffer between the geeks who care and the manufacturers that don't. JJP does not give a rat's ****, my NIB Dialed-in was a bad joke.

If you want a nice, modern, shiny, clean pinball machine with great sounds and a TV screen - JJP and Stern will supply you with one but both will treat you like a mug.

I figured that the stuff I ordered was likely provided to them. Will see how they handle it. Basic stuff was packing it poorly given it had 4 heavy legs in it once! The housing threads was poor but expect the QA failed. I can’t accept poor QA on a 9k machine but anticipate it happens elsewhere.

Update: JJP sending another set of everything, very promptly, good service.
No response from Parcelforce though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom