What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions wanted!

mufcmufc

Staff member
Alias
Nik
Gents and Ladies I have a dilemma.

I've bought and paid (£60) for something from someone I know of and a friend knows as an acquaintance. It wasn't delivered and was only sent standard post (admittedly I didn't ask for it recorded, just assumed it was as the postage charged to me was £10) and now, it turns out, the actual postage was £3 - the rest being for packing and "time"). The person hasn't provided proof of postage, but assures me he put my address on and his return address yet after 5 weeks the package has not arrived. He hasn't offered a refund but he's said he "fortunately" has another item the same and will let me have it for half the price!!!

If I pay the extra £30, I'll have the item I want (he's promised to send recorded next time) but only having forked out £90 (it's a collectable but isn't really sold anymore or indeed valuable as such and I could buy the same in the US for 75 dollars plus postage and import duties.) Alternatively I could request a PayPal refund and just get my £60 back.

How would you go about dealing with it?

Awkward.

It sounds like your best course of action is to request the paypal refund and purchase the item from the states.

just get a refund. who in their right mind sends an item of value such as that without either sending recorded or at least getting proof of postage. especially when you paid £10 for postage and the sender then admits to sending it as cheaply as possible. ie they are maximising their profit but also maximising the risk of non delivery. the sender should claim back from the mail service and his lookout if he failed to get proof of postage or insured delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If sent Royal Mail worth checking it's not rotting at your local sorting office for incorrect postage or similar. It can take weeks before they card you - has happened to me and the seller subsequently resent me the item.

In any other transaction, it is their problem. It is encumbent upon them to provide proof of postage. They need to go back to royally mail or whomever and have that conversation.

Always the senders responsibility. If he had got proof of postage or insurance, it would be the sender that does the chasing up.

Claim a refund. If, as he says, it has a return address, he'll get it back eventually

Refund.

If he had charged you £3 postage it would be more awkward.

Always the senders responsibility. If he had got proof of postage or insurance, it would be the sender that does the chasing up.

Claim a refund. If, as he says, it has a return address, he'll get it back eventually

I don't think the seller actually sent the item. He was trying it on. Refund via paypal all the way.

Just how collectable is it if he has two the exact same haha.
He's at it!
Royal mail have a 3week turn around for lost mail. Then it is sent back to the return address.
Just be careful with the duty option on ebay from the states.
I know a few people who pay it upfront and still get hit with vat and handling when it arrives.

PayPal refund. Buy it elsewhere.

Seller can't prove he posted it.
Seller can't prove you received it.

The only indisputable fact here is that you used PayPal to send him the dough.

It sounds like he is not really a friend anyway so refund seems to be the right course of action.

"He hasn't offered a refund but he's said he "fortunately" has another item the same and will let me have it for half the price!!!"

Sets alarm bells ringing for me.... Thats rather "fortunate".

I would be pushing down the route if it was me of "First one never arrived - You have a second then send that to me and when the first one is sent back by RM/Courier you'll have that one - if it miraculously appears here i'll let you know"...

Failing that - PP Refund all the way - Doesn't sound much like a friend if he doesnt care and is offering to sell you another...even if at 1/2 price!

I had an old valve Radio arrive here last week (Encased in Bakelite) . Unfortunately the seller Sent it Yodel - No surprises what state it was in when it arrived - looked like someone had been playing football with it. Fair play to the seller - "Send it back at my expense and i'll rufund you in full and pursue the claim with Yodel - that's the third one this month".

Saying that, RM are only marginally better - they just tend to "loose" stuff... never to be seen again...

Refund, buy from the states chalk up to experience, mark his card and get on with it.Dont sweat the small stuff ... it’s all small stuff!!!! Always tricky doing business with ‘friends ‘ ?

Agree with Dave and Barry :thumbs:

Unfortunately it happen with me ,but I was the seller , I did not send a translight recorded delivery , Catherine sent it 1st class by mistake . After a few days this chap said it did not arrive so waited for about a month and still no sign of it so refund was given ! Had my return address on but still nothing ,o well life goes on and tomorrow is a brand new day and all that !!

I would get the ball rolling for a full refund, straight away, Nick as the guy seems a bit of a d..k - charging/paying himself £7 for packing is a rip off.

If Ebay you should get full refund, if paypal you should hopefully get full refund as well.

He should really send you the other item foc or full refund. Force the issue and register a claim ;)

Back
Top Bottom