What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation thunder back box lighting

Dazevo

Registered
hi all,

I have a gottlieb operation thunder machine not had it long but since having my new street fighter 2 pin i noticed the back box lighting was very dim, after i took back glass off i noticed the constant liting was not working, so on the hunt for a fix i went. First issue i found was a blown fuse. (F10 on the board 15amp)
Then after replacing the blown fuse still no back lights. After following the cables i found a hanging cable A9P5, i checked manuL and discovered this was the back glass lighting, now the issue im having is i cant find where this cBle connects too. Its a 4 pin connection slot with A9P5 on it. All the other A9P1-4 are connected to J9P1-4. So im assuming im missing a J9P5 connection?!? Or does it slot onto a board somewhere? Any help apreciated

Discovered the start of the problems. So as i can see it, it seems like the original owners of the pin have decided to disconnect the lights as it has repeatedly blown fuses and failed to inform me. Therefore there must be an electrical fault on the board between the fuse and the lightbox. (No pount connecting the cables back together till i find the fault. So now a long task of doing bleep tests on all bulb sockets, all bulbs and interconnecting cable paths... (may just be easier to completely re-wire the lightbox is only 2 4pin connections)

disconnect all lamps,as may be simple shorted lamp.If not inspect each lamp socket for a short.I presume fuse replaced did not blow with cable disconnected

disconnect all lamps,as may be simple shorted lamp.If not inspect each lamp socket for a short.I presume fuse replaced did not blow with cable disconnected
Correct fuse did not blow. Finish work at 2.30 so going to check all lamps when i get in first :)

i am guessing u have it in hand, pm me if ya need help
Ye ordered new lamp holders and they ate getting refitted by a friend. Ordered a full set of super bright leds too for when its all working cant wait :p

I presume you have found faults,not just randomly replacing them?

Anyway,if stuck in the future lmk as I am local and love Gottliebs,and know a bit about fixing pins

poi

Back
Top Bottom