What's new

" one of the best in the world "

D

Deleted member 181

love this comment about Keith Best on the Tron for sale on eBay ...

"The first owner barely used the machine - I am the second owner and have recently had the entire machine serviced by one of the best in the world, Keith Best. It is MINT. His words on the service paper...'Perfect Example Machine - No Flaws'."

I will still never forget about ten wats ago maybe more before I knew that anyone else was interested in pins and before I knoew about the yahoo group I got Keith down to sort out why my IJ was kicking out two balls instead of one , after about three hours it was decided the main board had gone so it was swapped out with another one and I was presented with about a £500 pound invoice , I was super happy though as the game was working perfectly again :)
Wasn't long after that I swapped that lovely IJ for a broken and half put together fun house and roadshow with a melted ted head from a well know hove dealer.

Ahhh those were the days ;)

Kicking out 2 balls? Well of course that is not just a £1 opto in the trough, it's a £500 board (which board costs £500 by the way?)

Ahhhhh hearing stories about scamming repair technicians really makes my blood boil..... and then you had to mention the well known Hove seller as well didn't you.:mad:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRON-Lega...eo_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item3aa0e21d77

Holy cr*p. You read the 'service' invoice ............£450 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For basically 'looking' it over. Jesus H Christ (sorry Jeebus) , I mean how long did that take ?

And so Will nothing has really changed then ;), you are still clueless about fixing a game, Mr Best is still coining it in from unsuspecting owners, and Mr Hove is still hawking games. And so the wheel of pinball turns evermore.........

"Price Includes professional delivery (£350)." Martin's rates gone waaaay up recently? ;)

To be fair, looks like a nice machine, although are the extra pixels on the display in the 2nd pic a problem or is that just the way its supposed to look?

How odd, this was the very first issue I had when I bought my first Pin (kicking 2 balls into play) but I was very lucky to have bought it off Mr @Judge Dreads who not only posted me replacement boards about 2 times to try to fix the issue but also pointed me in the direction of Pinball Heaven where I got a replacement I think for the princely sum of £43 and it was all good again. I would have been livid paying £500 for a £43 board!

Look at this f**king article :mad:

http://www.coin-opcommunity.co.uk/blog/5001-semi-retired-pinball-mr-fix-it-for-hire/

"Keith Best contacted us to tell us about his fascinating career in pinball and to let you all know that he is still available at an amazingly low price to come and repair pinball machines in the South East"

ARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I hate people that mess with this hobby

Anyone on here need me to replace their playfield rubbers for £450?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What is the Tron worth? know there is a dedicated section but while we are on the subject, it's not even the LE so what is a realistic asking price for an old Stern :D

£3-£3.5K I would have thought. They are slightly more in demand than other stern titles at the moment, so that might help in it's favour a bit, but not the when it's priced to include a £450 rubber change

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRON-Lega...eo_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item3aa0e21d77

Holy cr*p. You read the 'service' invoice ............£450 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For basically 'looking' it over. Jesus H Christ (sorry Jeebus) , I mean how long did that take ?

And so Will nothing has really changed then ;), you are still clueless about fixing a game, Mr Best is still coining it in from unsuspecting owners, and Mr Hove is still hawking games. And so the wheel of pinball turns evermore.........

Wow Sarge see what you mean as have just read the invoice/notes £450 squid for a few bits and apparently 7 hours work and a load of bullpoo!!

Back
Top Bottom