What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available One for the StarWars fans £20k PRICE REDUCED

Was wondering if somebody adopts R2 to actively use him (rather than park him in a foyer:tut:) what's involved in running & maintaining the little fella, kind of the Haynes manual?

Its a bit like a pinball, you would need to learn the basics, all the electronics are split into sections and are all fused, the only thing I have had fail are servos which open all the flaps, I had 3 burn up so I have slowed them down and changed the slew setting, I also replaced all servos with carbon geared servos.
If anybody was to take this on I would not just walk away after the sale, I would spend some time with the buyer and expect to sort any problems out in the future which is why it would be good to stay in this pinball community which I am involved with.
I will not list this on ebay or sell to some corporate company, I would like to see it in a games room and doing some events.

I think there is plenty of love for R2 just not enough cash. That makes me think... maybe it could be bought by a group of people instead of an individual? Just an idea.
Or a fund raising page sponsored by hundreds of pinball maniacs willing to each give a smaller amount to keep it going. Trying to think outside the box here.

Hi is still looking for a new home..........................

20180407_125751.jpg

Have reduced the price £20k, you could not even get all the parts made for this much :)

It’s still £20,000!

This really is a labour of love, one of a kind (presumably?) and therefore a very niche market.

Are there are other more Star Wars mad parts of the internet that might be more eager to part with amount for a superb toy? I appreciate you want to keep it in the community.

It’s still £20,000!

This really is a labour of love, one of a kind (presumably?) and therefore a very niche market.

Are there are other more Star Wars mad parts of the internet that might be more eager to part with amount for a superb toy?

I could list it on one of the Starwars groups or builders groups, but for now I would like to see if anybody in the pinball community wants to take it on as they will need a good few hours of my time learning all about the build and as pinball seems to be my main hobby I will always be about to help.

@robertlucas1970 - I have no doubt this will sell to the right person, so if I was you I would (as you posted) stick it on the Star Wars groups. I have seen people spend thousands on things nowhere near as good as this. Having built a couple of daleks in my time - this build is on a different level, but its an expensive topper :) If most pinball folk had £20K they would buy 3 or 4 top games.

It is absolutely amazing. It no doubt cost a lot more than the original R2D2 to build.

Best of luck with this sale - a Star Wars fan will be throwing themselves at this.

Have you also tried selling it to a prop/hire company. It could work out as a good business proposition - for a 'Hire an R2D2' for parties and events. I did hire out my Dalek a few times.

I reckon Disney would be over you like a rash if you where advertising Hire R2D2 ...
Yes I am not allowed to do any paid events, if a company wants to pay then it has to go through Disney.
They have been very good with things like giving the builders the original sound files.

Last edited by a moderator:
@robertlucas1970 - I had something like that with the dalek. Terry Nations estate wanted me to pay them a ludicrous amount of money to continue with the hire side of it - so I gave it up and sold it on. I even said that if I just did charity events free of charge they would still want money.

Opposite to the R2D2 builders - They gave nothing to the community.

That is insane, the engineering and work that has gone into it is amazing.

Hope it goes to a good home. Not mine anyway, my car isn't even worth £200

$25k and the only thing that is metal is the dome, the rest is made of fiberglass, so just a basic hollow droid with head spin and drive, I could make this for £5k
I sold mine way too cheap..............

Back
Top Bottom