What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oktoberfest??

I don't know, I think that it could be a fun original theme if done well. Then again, I didn't think Houdini was done that well, although admittedly I'm yet to play one...

Will it come with these as standard or only with the LE?

pbl-100-0011-00-1_400x300.jpg

I don't think it's a great theme but I may be proved wrong. I posted on pinside that I didn't think it was 'family friendly' and people went nuts at me. Everyone slating me saying its great and a wonderful place to take the family (of course by people that have never been). Well I have and it's not somewhere I'd take my kids. It's total carnage in the evenings with p*ssed people falling everywhere. Not sure how the theme will work but fingers crossed that it may be OK.

I too was really looking forward to play Houdini as it looked great and I liked the theme. The problem came when I played it. Just not good (well for me anyway).

Love love love that show.

Ron Swanson is a God [emoji16]

I'm 32 and Ron Swanson is still what I want to be when I grow up. Easily my favourite all time show - it's just brilliantly clever and perfectly light hearted. I've day dreamed about a P&R machine for years now.

I don't think it's a great theme but I may be proved wrong. I posted on pinside that I didn't think it was 'family friendly' and people went nuts at me. Everyone slating me saying its great and a wonderful place to take the family (of course by people that have never been). Well I have and it's not somewhere I'd take my kids. It's total carnage in the evenings with p*ssed people falling everywhere. Not sure how the theme will work but fingers crossed that it may be OK.

I too was really looking forward to play Houdini as it looked great and I liked the theme. The problem came when I played it. Just not good (well for me anyway).

Very odd choice of theme from a us company if you ask me unless they are trying to do some sort of tapper (arcade) type thing, or they all go for a ‘team building’ event over there every year and have lost it, ha ha ha

I want to see Animal House . The saving grace on Party Animal is the Louie Louie sound track and it would be nice to here it return on the soundtrack on a modern pin

I think they will have the game at expo! Let’s hope it’s better than Houdini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well Houdini v The Mafia at Pinfest I came back for more mafia, but who gives a flying f really about theme. GB should be sat in my pinshed right now by that logic, but I have a TWD instead because as a them I’m 100% behind it but as a game personally, I just don’t get on with it. By the very same standard (i.e. if theme really mattered) I’d have a Stern SW over an IMDN but i can tell you I could probably walk from a £1,800 SW if a caveat was I had to keep it forever, over saving for a 5K IMDN.

Unfortunately (as I said, GB and SW don’t do enough for me and I wish they did) theme only enhances a great pinballmachine, it doesn’t make it and this might be a great pinball machine.

Last edited:
Here is the art! As is the way recently, leaked a week too early.

48a0f77b1ce4513a198d991a9bc235b60da657ff.png.jpg93b1e39e1956f9ca466163e03ce60e73be0849f0.png.jpgd600eaf40289b26e22ecc79052038280670df970.png.jpg

Well Houdini v The Mafia at Pinfest I came back for more mafia, but who gives a flying f really about theme. GB should be sat in my pinshed right now by that logic, but I have a TWD instead because as a them I’m 100% behind it but as a game personally, I just don’t get on with it. By the very same standard (i.e. if theme really mattered) I’d have a Stern SW over an IMDN but i can tell you I could probably walk from a £1,800 SW if a caveat was I had to keep it forever, over saving for a 5K IMDN.

Unfortunately (as I said, GB and SW don’t do enough for me and I wish they did) theme only enhances a great pinballmachine, it doesn’t make it and this might be a great pinball machine.

But a bad theme can also destroy a games appeal to. It doesn’t take a genius to work out you limit your appeal with a theme like this out of the gate. A ‘playboy’ game could be the best game in the world but who wants one of those in your living room?

But a bad theme can also destroy a games appeal to. It doesn’t take a genius to work out you limit your appeal with a theme like this out of the gate. A ‘playboy’ game could be the best game in the world but who wants one of those in your living room?

Agreed it will limit the appeal - what’s really done it for me is that artwork, looks like early 2000’s Theme Hospital era graphics. Still, let’s see...

I don't get it.

Why start a pinball company that is minimum $1000000 to set up and then make a game with a questionable theme and dodgy artwork?

Don't these guys do any consumer research?

Stern will remain number 1 game in town for sometime yet.

It might be fun to play, with some sort of extra game in the game.

Maybe they are targeting barcades?

b43458c89461485d2da558c772d20e5c2cc9580c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom