What's new

In Progress Oh for the love of Johnny!

Rus121

Site Supporter
So, I got myself a JM in the usual faded/battered cab condition. I managed to source some decals for the cab (full decal apart from the sides with are just the JM logo - Damn licensing issues!) so I thought i'd get the ol' airbrush out and have a go myself:

20131126_140247.jpg

20131126_145004.jpg

Looks pretty good in person although some of the letters are a little rough. I learned that using cheap frisk film is not the way to go (I should have used genuine, original 'frisket film') as it lifted with the air of the brush in some places, but hey, its a lot better than that awful fade.
20131126_150349.jpg

Backbox is up next!

i have no idea hat i am supposed to be looking at, what's that tape on Keanu's face in the top pic? in the second pic there's some yellow writing, and in the third, i can read the name of the game.

cmon dude, not everyone one is as thick a c_unt as me, but talk us through what went where. wtf is a frisket? is that like a biscuit?

Ok Dan. Just for you:

The whole cab is faded to a nasty yellow so I masked off the lettering (with frisk film. The plastic you see in the first pic) then cut out the letters with a craft knife. I thought it would be easy, but ended up being a lesson in tedium. Straight edges were done with a plastic ruler and the rest was freehand.20131126_144550.jpg

Then just airbrushed it Tamiya red (with a little thinners to get it to go through the brush). I now have some serious respect for Henrik and the work he does.

Any better for you Dan? If not, I could always show you a pic of gold dust I found in a pin once?

Look closely. Its there. Some have said it could be tinsel. I like to think the pin its in is worth more cos its there. lolz.

2013-01-03 16.03.57.jpg

Dinky little craft knife. Barely much more than a razor blade holder. I find the small size easier to manipulate

So, I got myself a JM in the usual faded/battered cab condition. I managed to source some decals for the cab (full decal apart from the sides with are just the JM logo - Damn licensing issues!) so I thought i'd get the ol' airbrush out and have a go myself:

View attachment 4146

View attachment 4148

Looks pretty good in person although some of the letters are a little rough. I learned that using cheap frisk film is not the way to go (I should have used genuine, original 'frisket film') as it lifted with the air of the brush in some places, but hey, its a lot better than that awful fade.
View attachment 4149

Backbox is up next!
For a first time go its a great job.
Well done.

Great job on the Dracula. I see you're using the original frisket mask too. Much better than the crap, ultra low tack stuff i bought as it breaks away nicely from a cut and stays stuck underneath.

Anyway, more johnny issues. This time, its the drop target. Looks like it locked on at some point and someones 'fix' was to cut the drive wire and rob the target of its parts:

20131127_124347.jpg

20131127_124702.jpg

Now i'm probably going to have to remove the driver board (ugh) and replace the drive transistor too. Yaaay!!! :)

If anyone has the parts i need, please let me know. See here for my wanted ad in this forum:
http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/1-bank-drop-target-assembly-parts-needed.7448/

Back
Top Bottom