What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ocktoberfest

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Need to play it more but I’d
Consider it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With regard to the animations, you guys do realise the code is really early and has been thrown together to have something to flip at Expo right?

With regard to the animations, you guys do realise the code is really early and has been thrown together to have something to flip at Expo right?

I hope this is the case but Rosh posted this on Pinside this afternoon:

‘Some of the animations are what we want and some are works in progress and some are not much more than fancy storyboards (e.g. the mystery duck pull). Some will like what we do, some won't, but at the same time to me it is the least important part of the machine, since it has the least value to the actual player and at some point you have to decide where you spend your time and money, if you do everything to the ultimate degree, you get a much more expensive machine and that is not where I want to see us be.’

So it sounds like while not finished the current animations are at least indicative of the final product.

I like the look tho I’m slightly put off by the playfield inserts of which there are millions !! Nice art and theme but poor lcd video content.

Well I played a number of games of Oktoberfest over the last few days with @Neil McRae and others and I have to say: I Love It!!

Very different from a Modern Stern, more like a modern Bally Williams. Roadshow for 2019.

Lots of easy to understand modes, lots of other things to shoot for : food, ducks, etc. 4 or 5 different multiballs, a couple of modes that you play with one hand using left and right buttons on the right side of the cab.

There’s some hard shots too, and the ramps are perhaps underused (the most complex one is mainly (only) used in multiball, like Creech.

The graphics aren’t the best but this is fun and you want to go back and play it again.

Production is due to start on April. Can’t wait to see one back in England.

Is the pricing anything to compete with Stern or is it the same or more?

not sure yet, they haven't even told me.... probably a touch more than stern.

Just shy of 8500 euro.but I think game is naf to be honest.Alice Cooper for the win

It’s a fun game with a lot of opportunities; code still feels early but the shots are really satisfying - I like it - Alice Cooper is frustration central; even Bowen struggles to be accurate with it - with one exception the shots aren’t in same league as Okctoberfest but the rules on AC are very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Im going to bring ONE batch of these over in 6 weeks time. So anyone who wants one now is the time.

Dollar/Pound is f k d at the moment so the pricing is going to be £7495 and maybe I can trim a little when I know what the exchange rate is when I pay...

Phil

Back
Top Bottom