What's new

Not Pinball, but arcade. Donkey Kong champ a fraud

BigBear77

Registered
94E14AED-BEC4-4AA2-85BD-9A880E04A3A3.png

I remember waiting a documentary on Netflix years ago about these two and he sent a video of his high score. Also thought he was a fraud. Bus ****** :sad:

Widely known publically for a good little while now, him and Todd Rogers for being some of the biggest bull sharters going. Plenty of evidence online and lots of resistance from fanboys and even TG itself, definite 'old boys' club atmosphere.

What's news here is that Twin Galaxies itself has agreed with the findings and has scrubbed his scores. That's pretty darned big - and unexpected to those familiar with TG's workings. Mitchell is (...was?) a huge funder of TG.

met him a few years ago; can't say I'm surprised with todays news.

Always came across as a huge showman and that probably also helped with the PR needed for Twin Galaxies.

Sad to hear the news but it sounds like a lot of drama to say that it's over a video game score. Evidently some people take it waaaaay more seriously than me.

But then i'm rubbish at video games so that might explain why. :-D

Yeah 'King of Kongs' is great. Watched it a long time ago now and their is a similar one called 'Man V Snake' which is a good watch.

Sad news but as long as they don't strip him of his hair we'll be OK.

I always thought KOK was a kind of mockumentary where they portrayed Steve Wiebe as the good every man type character against the evil Billy Mitchell to hype up Twin Galaxies and the competitive arcade scene.

The cynic in me thinks this might be the same thing...

Waiting for Billy Mitchell to come back and prove everyone wrong in KOK2 to complete the story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arv
He always came across as a bit of a *** didn't he. Still, King of Kong is great fun

Just watched this...

That community though, I know it is at the "elite" level and sure to attract some weirdos, but wow, what a load of C@CKS...

What sort of statement was that? Did you cheat or not, mate?

Back
Top Bottom