What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights at Play Expo Manchester. Official machine pledges.

Hi Dan . Colin and I , chris and Traci Edgar would like a ticket for the lock in please . Machines pledged [emoji3].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan.
The format is the same as it's always been, no change. And it also says if you bring a van full of pins +8 prefered then we will fund that. In your case you only want to bring 6 then talk to me and I will see that you are not out of pocket and we will fund your van and fuel.
Yes it's a pita bringing machines , braking them down , loading them driving up to Manchester then two days later packing them up loading them back on the van and driving all the way home.
We appreciate all the pledges and loans of machines. I personally have done the above since 2005 on some years 5 times a year, yes it's hard work but I still do it to help put on a show weather it be NLP, 8 bit, Play Glasgow, NERG, Pinball Party that was , South Coast Slam. Most times of doing this I paid for most of the van hire fuel costs and hotels myself and all for the love of pinball.
I did send you a PM asking if you were coming up this year, I should have said the same deal as last year would be honoured.
The machine count is down on previous years that's because we have had a lot of the guys we usually depend on drop out or can't make this year. It's a hard job trying to get together 100 + machines when people just can't be ****d or don't want to move there pride and joy ( which I totally understand ) .
Every year that goes by is harder than the last to try and gather as many pins as you can for a show.
Talk to me via a PM Dan and we will sort out your costs if you still want to help out.
Darren.

My accommodation was booked a long time ago but still need tickets. have I missed the link on here??

Also, always missed the lock-in on previous years and would love to come. Can I be put on a list, a reserve list, a list for the reserve list, the reserve lists list of lists or any other combination thereof? I can also wear dress and be someones +1 if that works?

Greg (or Zach) from SDTM just said in their video that Popeye was in their top 10 best pinball machines ever made!

Wow, you're up to 2 supporters now! (only kidding, had a great time playing it last year)

My accommodation was booked a long time ago but still need tickets. have I missed the link on here??

Also, always missed the lock-in on previous years and would love to come. Can I be put on a list, a reserve list, a list for the reserve list, the reserve lists list of lists or any other combination thereof? I can also wear dress and be someones +1 if that works?
I can put you on the reserve list...but if you're driving up & staying over anyway, can you not stick a machine in the car & then get an automatic place at the lock-in :hmm: (assuming you've got one to bring....otherwise, borrow someone else's to bring :p:D).

Regards,
Dan.

Any recommendations on a cheapo hotel around the area? I'd love to do the lock-in but I dread driving home late that night. I am chronically sleep deprived so it would be dangerous.

As much as a massive ballache it is to move my table by myself with few tools and having to borrow a car/rent a van, I could offer up my F14 if wanted.

Any recommendations on a cheapo hotel around the area? I'd love to do the lock-in but I dread driving home late that night. I am chronically sleep deprived so it would be dangerous.

As much as a massive ballache it is to move my table by myself with few tools and having to borrow a car/rent a van, I could offer up my F14 if wanted.
Not sure how 'cheap' a room will be near the venue this late in the day. The popular ones for the pin crowd are the Premier Inn Trafford Centre West and North, and the Travelodge Trafford Centre.

There may be B+Bs / Air BnB a short drive away, but again not sure how cheap. It's a popular weekend and rooms are in demand.

Hopefully you'll find something. It's the best show of the year :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

When I looked at booking ages ago it wouldn't let me book one of the Premier Inn rooms for a single night. I had to book both Friday and Saturday for the booking to be permitted.

Not sure if they're still doing this; didn't matter so much to me as there's a load of us coming straight from work to make a weekend of it.

I booked a single night at Premier Inn Trafford a while ago now. Last year I stayed in Pentahotel Warrington which is a short drive away. Very nice and reasonably priced.

I can put you on the reserve list...but if you're driving up & staying over anyway, can you not stick a machine in the car & then get an automatic place at the lock-in :hmm: (assuming you've got one to bring....otherwise, borrow someone else's to bring :p:D).

Dan - can you please put me on the reserve list. I only have the one pin (TAF) which is unfortunately "on location" and can't be moved. Thanks

Yes come on people we need those machines.
Please pledge a machine or two, even better a van load.
Like Dan says above all machine loaners get the first places in the lock in on Saturday night. Pinball and pizza in a V.I.P. late night all you can play pinball for the select few.
We still need machines so come on and bring us your machines for this year's show.

If anyone in the midlands wishes to pledge a machine... i will be able to transport them up to the expo and back free of charge...

Need to know within the next couple weeks to secure the necessary vehicle

Cheers

Kirk

If anyone in the midlands wishes to pledge a machine... i will be able to transport them up to the expo and back free of charge...

Need to know within the next couple weeks to secure the necessary vehicle

Cheers

Kirk

Are you picking up along the way?

All pins are wanted, can you bring both to the show ?

Yeah i can bring both, i was told by my friend adrian there was a van that pics up and brings back as he is donating one of his too do you know if thats available still. If not i can still bring one :p

Back
Top Bottom