What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights at Play Expo Manchester. Official machine pledges.

I`ll be there with whitewater again, very reliable ( although last year the batteries died) so can be used in comp if you wish

i'm away on holiday this year :(
i'll send a couple of pins.
medieval madness--will be for sale
monster bash--may be for sale,see how I feel nearer the time.enjoying playing it at the moment.
ok for the comp.

I've a Star Wars trilogy that could be pledged any chance of picking it up from Sheffield? Any chance of doing a Star Wars line up? Don't won't anything for it already bought tickets maybe use to make a donation to teenager fund or something?
Ta Tony

I've a Star Wars trilogy that could be pledged any chance of picking it up from Sheffield? Any chance of doing a Star Wars line up? Don't won't anything for it already bought tickets maybe use to make a donation to teenager fund or something?
Ta Tony
Thanks Tony, but logistically it's not possible for us to collect . I will keep your offer open just in case I can sort out a collection and drop off.

There's really no need for scaremongering regarding machines used in competition.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen people excessively abusing machines in competition, usually people abusing the fact that there's little to no tilt on a machine and hurling it around, up on 2 legs and dropping it down so violently that connectors work loose and kill the game, slam tilting a machine to restart it during practice rather than continue after a bad first ball.

I've also heard the story (with full details) about what happened regarding the playfield glass breaking. It was not down to a pique of anger at all, so no need to over sensationalise there either.

Some people prefer their machines to be available to the public to play for the whole show, others prefer their games to be in the comp where they can be watched constantly by stewards as well as being streamed worldwide so they can show off their pride and joy. Sone don't mind at all.

Either way it's simple - Daz has given you the choice as to which you would prefer.

No scaremongering was intended, the reason we ask if loaners don't mind if we enter there machines in the comps is that some people prefer to just have there machines in the general play area.
That's it. We have never had aggressive play at NLP and never will, we have a dedicated group of crew members who patrol the pinball area and keep a check on things. The most we see are minor things like people just getting frustrated in loosing a ball especially when playing machines like BS Dracula.

It's important to make sure that such comp machines are setup to prevent potential abuse. Worst thing of all is not having a tilt bob in there, it'll end up the other side of the venue if not!

Wide outlanes, tight tilts, short or no ball saves, hard software settings (within reason), nice clean and fast playfield and mechanically everything working well.

It's important to make sure that such comp machines are setup to prevent potential abuse. Worst thing of all is not having a tilt bob in there, it'll end up the other side of the venue if not!

Wide outlanes, tight tilts, short or no ball saves, hard software settings (within reason), nice clean and fast playfield and mechanically everything working well.

The point with competition games isn't just to make them brutal - it's to try and make them fair and a test of pinball skill.
Set up so that certain strategies which are safe and repetitive can't be exploited (shoot the ramp in ES or DESW over and over)
Random awards are eliminated as much as possible (Billion shot in BoP, catch up scores SS)
Fast and steep doesn't necessarily make a game harder or more brutal.
Everything working as it should is probably THE single most important thing for any competition game
I already have a group of games in mind which would make a perfect set to test all skill levels - just need people to donate them now :clap:

Right, now that's sorted let's get back to the matter in hand.
Let's have your pledges for the show, van loads are most welcome. Please contact me directly if you are thinking of bringing a van full to the show.
Come on people pledge those games.
D.

Hi Guys,

Not sure if these needs to go in here or for sale forum - please feel free to move as appropriate. I have stupidly bought two weekend tickets for play expo forgetting Matt is at a wedding, so I will be on my own, therefore I have one full weekend ticket spare going for sale.

If anyone is interested please PM me

Cheers

kev

More machines added to the games list ( 2nd post) , still more needed. Please get in touch with your pledges for this year's show .
Thank you.
D.

So I'm happy to give:

ST:TNG: DE Star Trek and NBA Fastbreak.

but I'm not going to be at the event most likely so collection and drop off would be needed (woking).

Cheers,
Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks Neil, only problem is finding someone who would be willing to pick up and drop off.
If someone could help out please get in touch.
Thanks.

Hi,

I can bring 3 up.

LOTR, TAF, BK2K Probably. maybe fishtales or flintstones instead of one of those if you want to lose some duplicates? All fine for the comp.

Or maybe Atari middle earth (now its finally working again.:clap:) if I can get it stripped cleaned and back together in time

Hi,

I can bring 3 up.

LOTR, TAF, BK2K Probably. maybe fishtales or flintstones instead of one of those if you want to lose some duplicates? All fine for the comp.

Or maybe Atari middle earth (now its finally working again.:clap:) if I can get it stripped cleaned and back together in time
Dan the first three you offered up will be great.
Thanks for the support.
D.

Hi,

I can bring 3 up.

bk2k behaving now?

bk2k behaving now?

Yep. It's been good as gold since I fixed it after Wales. (I'll take the credit even though you diagnosed it. ;))

Although the top Flipper isn't as strong as I think it should be after I did a flipper rebuild. I think I need to tweak the eos switch.

I'd have to go back to my original posts on the subject a year ago. But 10 machines is on the high side of the estimate. I had a good run on Mousin Around as I recall. Apart from that it was a complete washout.

I need a better system this year. Last year I kept wandering from one side of the building to the other playing Pins that were not being used. It was only when I got home and reading on here that I realised I had missed out on playing loads of the better Pins :confused:. I think I'm just going to start at one end of the building and play them one by one, regardless of any queue, until I have had at least one game on all of them :clap:

Well...the most obvious solution is to pledge a machine & then you're able to guarantee a lock-in place...then you can play any machine you wish as many times as you like!

Regards,
Dan.

Actually....talking of the lock-in...

please can anyone that has pledged a machine & wants in on the lock-in let me know - you can do so publicly on here, through pm, or via nba@ukpinball.com

If you haven't yet pledged a machine & want in on the lock-in....then pledge a machine!! :thumbs: (You can always contact me to be put down on the reserve list for any spaces that may be left after loaners have been accounted for, but there are no guarantees here).

Regards,
Dan.

Yes come on people we need those machines.
Please pledge a machine or two, even better a van load.
Like Dan says above all machine loaners get the first places in the lock in on Saturday night. Pinball and pizza in a V.I.P. late night all you can play pinball for the select few.
We still need machines so come on and bring us your machines for this year's show.

regarding the lock-in...meant to say that pledging a pin guarantees a place for you plus a place for a guest too (& top of the reserve list for more than 1 guest too!).

Regards,
Dan.

Actually....talking of the lock-in...

please can anyone that has pledged a machine & wants in on the lock-in let me know - you can do so publicly on here, through pm, or via nba@ukpinball.com

If you haven't yet pledged a machine & want in on the lock-in....then pledge a machine!! :thumbs: (You can always contact me to be put down on the reserve list for any spaces that may be left after loaners have been accounted for, but there are no guarantees here).

Regards,
Dan.
thank you dan, just 1for me for the lock in please, machine is pledged

regarding the lock-in...meant to say that pledging a pin guarantees a place for you plus a place for a guest too (& top of the reserve list for more than 1 guest too!).

Regards,
Dan.

Please put me down for the lock In, dont have room for a pin, but bringing R2 as requested and can we save a space to park him up, will look great next to the new Star Wars pins which I expect Phil will have.
If BB8 is finished he will also come along :)

14568068_1012557242176958_1117557868284863059_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom