What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Wales - Any good arcades with pinball machines?

Jason Catrine

Registered
Hi,

Heading to Wales shortly and dropping off a pin near Wrexham before having a little holiday in Wales and collecting yet another pin on my way home near Birmingham. Whilst i'm in Wales though, is there anywhere I should be visting that has any good machines? Staying near Porthmadog but will cover north and mid wales during my holiday and as much as the wife wants to do touristy things, i'd rather find somewhere I can let her go shopping whilst I go play some pinball. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Jason.

I don't think there is any places in North Wales with pins when we still had a caravan last year I still hadn't found any unless I've missed something 😆 you will find few arcade machines in Rhyl like daytona dlx, sega rally 3
@Poibug may know

I’m in Broughton jct 36/A A55 😉

Chester & Cheshire Oaks just a few miles over the border for shopping.

Alien RV, TMNT, Tommy, South Park, RoboCop & Family Guy in the Crewey hoose if you wanna a brew and a play 👍

Last edited:
I don't think there is any places in North Wales with pins when we still had a caravan last year I still hadn't found any unless I've missed something 😆 you will find few arcade machines in Rhyl like daytona dlx, sega rally 3
@Poibug may know
I remember Towyn just outside Rhyl having a few arcades but i'm going back to my childhood there and i'm 100% certain the wife would not last more than 5 mins there before being bored. Really need somewhere she can go shopping or find a few nice boutique shops so i can tick the box of saying i've drove there for her, followed by, oh look there just happens to be a nice arcade here :D

Yeah Towyn still does have quite a few arcades but like most of them now mostly ticket redemption games. Rhyl has alot of of shops there's an arcade that has retro fruitys in aswell just can't remember the names of these places because there's that many next to each other along the front

I’m in Broughton jct 36/A A55 😉

Chester & Cheshire Oaks just a few miles over the border for shopping.

Alien RV, TMNT, Tommy, South Park, RoboCop & Family Guy in the Crewey hoose if you wanna a brew and a play 👍
Thank you for the offer. I've already dangled the Cheshire Oaks carrot to the mrs which is where shes getting dropped off for a bit while I go deliver and setup a pin near Wrexham (Guns n Roses leaving me 😢). If i wasnt bringing the wife, i'd have taken u up on the offer but i know she wont be amused if i suggest that to her so i'll stick with the happy wife/happy life option and decline. Appreciate the offer though and i'll extend that to you if you're coming up to Ayrshire in Scotland at any point. Welcome to visit and i'll put the kettle on.

Last edited:
Thank you for the offer. I've already dangled the Cheshire Oaks carrot to the mrs which is where shes getting dropped off for a bit while I go deliver and setup a pin near Wrexham (Guns n Roses leaving me 😢). I didn't offer up my credit card to her while she shops but she probably assumes thats a given :rolleyes: If i wasnt bringing the wife, i'd have taken u up on the offer but i know she wont be amused if i suggest that to her so i'll stick with the happy wife/happy life option and decline. Appreciate the offer though and i'll extend that to you if you're coming up to Ayrshire in Scotland at any point. Welcome to visit and i'll put the kettle on.
No worries mate, if you’re trundling back East from the coast across the A55 I’m a few metres from the dual carriageway and next door to Broughton retail park if the Mrs needs a power hour in Primark and homesense, followed by an M&S food recharge 😉

Shame you’re not venturing further south, Narberth near me has the boutique shops and I have some pins.
Saundersfoot and Tenby nearby too😎
Good luck.

Hi,

Heading to Wales shortly and dropping off a pin near Wrexham before having a little holiday in Wales and collecting yet another pin on my way home near Birmingham. Whilst i'm in Wales though, is there anywhere I should be visting that has any good machines? Staying near Porthmadog but will cover north and mid wales during my holiday and as much as the wife wants to do touristy things, i'd rather find somewhere I can let her go shopping whilst I go play some pinball. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Jason.

The arcade in Pwllheli has an Addams, there's a few others round Pwllheli as well. I'll ping a mate and see if he knows

Shame you’re not venturing further south, Narberth near me has the boutique shops and I have some pins.
Saundersfoot and Tenby nearby too😎
Good luck.
Bleddy Southern Welsh dwellers always one upping us Northern Gogs init!
We have Ryan Reynolds 😛

Love u Dave x

Thanks @M4carp - too far south for this trip but apprciate the offer

And @mufcmufc Pwllheli is just down the road from where i'm staying and is already on the places to visit list so good to know theres gonna be something there for fun other than just shops.

Bleddy Southern Welsh dwellers always one upping us Northern Gogs init!
We have Ryan Reynolds 😛

Love u Dave x
We're staying in Wrexham for a night at the start of my holiday due to the Ryan Reynolds effect. Disney+ Welcome to Wrexham now has my wife wanting to visit so i said i'll go the pub outside the Racecourse ground that features in the tv show and she said she wants to go there - rare occurence for my non-drinking wife to be happy with me saying lets go to a pub. I'll take it though! Its a little win! :D

Haha amazing! yeah The Turf is alright tbf, Wayne will be there working his nuts off as usual.
I’m a season ticket holder at the Racecourse, but missed last weekends promotion due to being in Florida.
Carden Park where Rob n Ryan usually use for filming or brief stays isn't too far out, and the team use as a secondary training facility.

The arcade in Pwllheli has an Addams, there's a few others round Pwllheli as well. I'll ping a mate and see if he knows
Was in the arcade in Pwllheli a few years ago & that Addams was virtually unplayable - will be interested to know if it's any better (or even worse)

Crikey. I didn't know that Addams was still there. A very good friend off the scene was recently chatting to me about that back in the day. I remember going years back after they had just cleared out the back arcade. Lots of now very collectable fruities, video's and a couple of old Bally's were dumped outside at the back.

Crikey. I didn't know that Addams was still there. A very good friend off the scene was recently chatting to me about that back in the day. I remember going years back after they had just cleared out the back arcade. Lots of now very collectable fruities, video's and a couple of old Bally's were dumped outside at the back.
Most of them were saved eventually I believe. That Addams is a real trooper, it’s been there since new

Most of them were saved eventually I believe. That Addams is a real trooper, it’s been there since new
Cool, good to know 😊 purely out of nerdy interest i dont suppose you happen to remember what pin's got saved from there? The old Bally's i saw thrown out in the early 2000's looked like paragon/playboy era

I’ll try and find that Addams while i’m there and see if its in better condition than this pin that was shared elsewhere this week. Believe it or not, its a Ghostbusters in a bar in Glasgow. So dirty its hard to tell.

IMG_6083.png

I’ll try and find that Addams while i’m there and see if its in better condition than this pin that was shared elsewhere this week. Believe it or not, its a Ghostbusters in a bar in Glasgow. So dirty its hard to tell.

View attachment 250097
There are three pins on Weston-super-Mare pier which all rival this. Properly filthy and barely functional

We're staying in Wrexham for a night at the start of my holiday due to the Ryan Reynolds effect. Disney+ Welcome to Wrexham now has my wife wanting to visit so i said i'll go the pub outside the Racecourse ground that features in the tv show and she said she wants to go there - rare occurence for my non-drinking wife to be happy with me saying lets go to a pub. I'll take it though! Its a little win! :D
Season 3 trailer just dropped too:

Cool, good to know 😊 purely out of nerdy interest i dont suppose you happen to remember what pin's got saved from there? The old Bally's i saw thrown out in the early 2000's looked like paragon/playboy era
I’ll find out, my mate is friends with the Studt family. I don’t remember them having any old games, the oldest I remember being there is Cyclone. The line up when I started playing was TAF, TNG, TZ, White Water and Hurricane (I was in the arcade most days from mid ‘88 onwards but didn’t start playing pinball until ‘92 and even then I didn’t play much)

• Love
Reactions: PUP
Sadl

View attachment 250097
Sadly Harry who was the owner of the arcade when I used to go in was the person who looked after the pins is no longer with us, although he did enjoy his retirement first

Reactions: PUP
Back
Top Bottom