What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noobie

dancawar

Registered
Hi guys,

Been a visitor for a while and finally decided to take the plunge..

Love pinball, but find it all very daunting, as i'm not the most technical when it comes to fixing anything. All those lights and boards.... I suppose i'll never know unless i get involved and buy my first pin, but any help and advice is much appreciated. Hopefully get to know some of you soon.

Cheers

Dan

Welcome to Pinball Info @dancawar , we all started at that point looking at the workings of a pinball machine and thinking "where the hell do I start"
It's a lot easier once you get stuck in and this forum is more than happy to help.
D.

Thanks @replicas . Hopefully it makes sense when i get my hands on one. I just fear i'm gonna stick all my money into something and wreck it tinkering!

I'm off on the hunt...

Get yourself to Blackpool 27th ,28th Oct to the pinball event the NLP are putting on at Norbrek Castle, there's always something up for sale. Plus 60 pinball machines to give you a good idea to what machine will be the first in your collection.

Sounds like a plan.... I’m at work that weekend, but might try and stick hols in for that. Would be worth it to get up to speed a bit quicker and annoy people with noob questions!

Thanks for the heads up

If you do get a chance to get to the event, make yourself known to the pinball desk NLP, and we will give you a guided tour or the show and our thoughts on the best machines that are there.
Discounted tickets can be purchased from the NLP web page.

Sounds like me when I started. I went in at the deep end and bought a New In Box (from Pinball Heaven), knowing it had 2 year warranty so didn't have to worry too much if things stopped working.

One of my first thoughts was "Is it ok to switch it on and off on a regular basis" thinking that as they were designed for arcades they were left on all the time. I laugh when I think back about that :D

We all took the plunge in the past. You learn through experience.

Buy a fully working game from a known geek on here. If a pinball machine develops one fault at a time, even as a noob you should be ok. We can point you in the right direction

Buying a "used to work" or "probably a fuse" game from an unknown seller on eBay could be a right can of worms. A game with multiple, simultaneous faults, potentially with parts missing too ..... could be too much for you to handle.

Thanks for the support guys, feeling a lot more confident about it, and could turn out to be fun.. I think if I stick to what’s on here, I shouldn’t have a prob. There’s some right beauts! Must be those said known geeks you mentioned..

Welcome @dancawar - you have definitely found the right place for this hobby! Full of fellow geeks who are more than happy to help out. Dr Dude is a great and underrated game (which is good, cos it's cheaper!), you made a good choice. Just watch those insta drains!

Back
Top Bottom