What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo Switch

MajesticPinball

Site Supporter
Alias
James Reed
I'm not really one for console gaming anymore, I sold of quite a bit of my retro collection a few years back (NES, SNES, megadrive, Dreamcast) alhough I did keep the consoles and a few games for each one.

I bought a Switch 2 months or so ago and I'm suddenly completely obsessed, mostly with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! I totally suck at it but it's so addictive. Anyone else here got a Switch and what games are you playing at the moment?

Switch is awesome, one of my all time favourites! In terms of games I’m currently playing the Sega Ages version of Phantasy Star.

The must have stuff is all the obvious Nintendo games, Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze but I’d also recommend Diablo 3, Okami HD, Octopath Traveller, Dead Cells, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 etc etc :)

@ronsplooter It's quickly becoming one of my all time favourites too! I've got Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Pokémon let's go and Zelda so far and a few indie games. I remember playing Okami on the PS2, what a game! Had no idea it was on the Switch, that might be my next game then

As I mentioned at your do, I have a Switch and Fortnite is my guilty pleasure. I have also enjoyed BoTW, Mario Odyssey (although not my favourite Mario game by a long shot) and Yoku's Island Express (until I got confused about where to go). Tropical Freeze is good if you like 2D platformers but I have that on Wii U.

Tetris 99 is just a little bit addictive. I thought I was quite good at Tetris but I've realised I have a lot to learn (especially mastering T-spins).

@insx What's your friend code I'll have to add you! I kinda laughed at Tetris 99 and was getting ready to palm it off but I played 8 or so games and really enjoyed it. Hopefully nintendo will release updates to it as add more modes

@insx What's your friend code I'll have to add you! I kinda laughed at Tetris 99 and was getting ready to palm it off but I played 8 or so games and really enjoyed it. Hopefully nintendo will release updates to it as add more modes

More modes have been data mined, aparrently. I'll look up my code later.

Last edited:
Got to the last boss on Mario vs Rabbids and by god is it cheap with how randomly things can go wrong through no fault of your own. Was enjoying the game a lot until now

Got to the last boss on Mario vs Rabbids
Is this the Gold version? I haven't got this yet but hear the extra DLC in Gold is well worth it.

Currently playing; Yoshis Crafted World (demo) nice and gentle and not too challenging for me :)

Is this the Gold version? I haven't got this yet but hear the extra DLC in Gold is well worth it.

Currently playing; Yoshis Crafted World (demo) nice and gentle and not too challenging for me :)
No not the gold, just normal as it was on sale over Christmas
Is the demo on the eshop? Have ordered the game for the wifes birthday as she loved Wooly World on the Wii U

@kevlar do it you'll love it! I don't play anything else anymore, can't remember when I last touched my Xbox. I'm also very excited for Yoshi, must of played that free demo level 5 times now ?

I love mine. I have Mario Oddesy, Mario Kart, Skylanders, Stern Pinball and Pokemon Let's go Eevee.

Always looking to add new nintendo friends for online play

Love the Switch! I'm currently playing Tales of Vesperia - even if I had already completed it on the 360 and still need to finish off Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade Chronicles 2!

Also got Pokémon Let's Go Eevee, Donut County and West of Loathing on the go too.

Love the Switch! I'm currently playing Tales of Vesperia - even if I had already completed it on the 360 and still need to finish off Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade Chronicles 2!

Also got Pokémon Let's Go Eevee, Donut County and West of Loathing on the go too.
West of Loathing is one of the funniest games I’ve ever played :)

I like my switch and the upgrade from the wii u (which i also loved)

But.

My biggest issue with the switch is the controllers and the activation when you change from one use of the little handsets to an other, ie using then individually for mario cart or together on the joined controller cage.

I have another 3rd party controller but it never seem to be quite right connection wise!

What do you all use for your controllers? And where abouts do you have the switch base itself? My lounge setup is more geared to the traditional consoles under the tv approach and my wii u was better for this. The switch is hard to place somewhere and i have it currently sort of next to but slightly behind the tv, not great!!!

What do you all use for your controllers? And where abouts do you have the switch base itself?
Genuine Pro Controller for me all day long (was on Wii U too), bought day one (Black Friday weekend) and only charged twice since playing most days, I'm sure it runs on fresh air. My Switch is docked on my work desk as an alternate input on one of my monitors (= big distraction).

MK8 online is bonkers, it's nothing like playing the computer player GP's with multiple "bullet bills" plowing up per race.

If there are enough players on here we could have a private Pinballinfo GP?

Back
Top Bottom