What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Moves (Sys 80B) - no boot, 5V suddenly dropped low ??

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Just switched on Night Moves for first time in a couple weeks ..... haven't been playing much pin recently .... and it wouldn't boot, just had the GI lights.

Fired up the meter and found that the A2 power board was only pumping out about 3.5VDC instead of the 5V needed for CPU etc. Using the little regulator wheel I dialled it back up and it's all fine now.

So question is ...... why would this suddenly have dropped ? The machine hasn't been moved or touched. Does it mean the regulator is failing ?

Any thoughts appreciated

Cheers

Dodgy pins on 4pin connector into cpu board,next to capacitor, or potentiometer on power supply, the big heat sink.

The bullet proofing for System 80b always insists on replacing the crap 5v pot on the power supply....
This is first time since owning it that it has given any trouble. Been a rock solid game. I remember Mark saying it had been totally reliable for years at Swavesey.

Seems steady this morning but yeah I'll prob replace that pot.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

You don't need to check with him, just look and see if it has an orange cap next to the transformer...! :thumbs:

Those pots have a mind of their own first place I check for non booting. Given the amount of 'english' a night moves will take no doubt it's just adjusted itself over time.

Nope Pete,on 80b most originals are Black but , sys 80 and 80a were orange

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom