What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Moves display - 1 digit out

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Before I start looking at this any advice appreciated.

1 whole digit won't light, in game or in test, on the lower display... the first digit on the left.

Likely to be a broken trace? Duff component?

Night Moves is a Gottlieb System 80b though I think (?) the display unit is unique to these cocktail machines.

Chiz
Sgt GrizZ

Night Moves is a Gottlieb System 80b though I think (?) the display unit is unique to these cocktail machines

Your correct from my understanding :thumbs: I think it's the board that's specific to Night Moves.

Pinball resource - as a last resort
GTB-MA999-C101 $167.50ea

Weird only one display out.
Would think a leg may have snapped at the glass?
Otherwise guesstimate would be usual Gottie sys 80b check - cracked fatigued/pin - true for sooo may sys80 faults

Pinball resource - as a last resort
GTB-MA999-C101 $167.50ea

Weird only one display out.
Would think a leg may have snapped at the glass?
Otherwise guesstimate would be usual Gottie sys 80b check - cracked fatigued/pin - true for sooo may sys80 faults

Or Just give it to me and I'll take the pain away... ;) :D

Looking at the under-playfield image on IPDB, I would definitely start looking at solder joints. That poor old display board is flanked on both sides by pop coils... a cold and cracked joint seems a sure guess especially on a smaller game like that with less wood to soak up vibration.

I fixed it.

I simply willed it to work, and today it's working again. Never underestimate the power of the mind [emoji16]

....... or the flakiness of a connection somewhere

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
I fixed it.

I simply willed it to work, and today it's working again. Never underestimate the power of the mind [emoji16]

....... or the flakiness of a connection somewhere

as someone who has a few Gottlieb games connector connection problem are common , replacing pins fixes it

Back
Top Bottom