What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired NIB Hobbit BLACK ARROW £7750

Expired Due to no activity

philpalmer

Site Supporter
JJP have pushed a "sale" on these... so I can do them for £6995 £7495 due to fx rate change since April. brand new with warranty.

But these are on a pre order basis only. Deposit to order, balance when lands in UK.

Phil

Last edited:
JJP have pushed a "sale" on these... so I can do them for £6995 brand new with warranty.

But these are on a pre order basis only. Deposit to order, balance when lands in UK.

Phil
When would they land Phil?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Great deal for those who like the game - if I was in the market for one I'd be biting your hand off.

When would you need to place the orders by or is this a rolling sale?

And does that include delivery?

It can't go on forever, so orders in by end of April... £1k down, balance when games here whenever that is. Delivery to your door included.

If we dont get a min of 5 orders its not worth ordering from JJP....

Code was finished at version 2.0 I believe
On the official jjp google group someone from jjp (is it Ted?) Said that he'd been spending most of his time lately on hobbit code. Think there's hope of an update

From pinside
'There's a folder in the last update called "There and Back Again" that wasn't in the previous code updates. I'll guess There and Back Again is the super wizard mode that is coming. I wouldn't be surprised if the number if modes completed and scores in them influences scoring in the super wizard mode. '

Really been loving hobbit lately! Might be a wide body and a empty play field but the modes and wizard modes are extremely fun!

You got to have a bit of willpower as some games can be over half an hour long and still not scratch the surface!

This is an awesome game, I know folks bash it but at home its the one I always come to play.

Also friends and Airbnb players pretty much all say this is their favourite game.

What a great deal from Phil. :clap:

From pinside
'There's a folder in the last update called "There and Back Again" that wasn't in the previous code updates. I'll guess There and Back Again is the super wizard mode that is coming. I wouldn't be surprised if the number if modes completed and scores in them influences scoring in the super wizard mode. '
I saw the jjp live stream lastnight and they officially confirmed a significant hobbit update is coming soon alongside an imminent update to dialed in. So that's good to hear.

I've always been of the opinion that no code update will make the hobbit a half decent game but I love all things pinball so hopefully this will prove me wrong. Still an outstanding looking game but there is only so many multiballs a man (and women of course) can play.

I've always been of the opinion that no code update will make the hobbit a half decent game but I love all things pinball so hopefully this will prove me wrong. Still an outstanding looking game but there is only so many multiballs a man (and women of course) can play.
As someone considering a POTC that was one of my major concerns after watching the live stream last night. Very quickly the comment came from Eric, " I now have all 5 Multiballs set up to go and I can be running many at the same time". I'm not sure from those that have already played POTC but is it also very multi-ball heavy? This may be something jjp think we need. Many and frequent multi balls. I'm not sure. I like the modes in DI far more than the multi balls. In fact I actively dislike the 2 ball multi ball in DI and think it contributes little. The modes are fun and multi ball gets in the way. I cancel multi ball wherever I can to regain the modes at the phone. Would consider ordering a hobbit and potc, but concerned if it would be endless multi balls in both cases.

I saw the jjp live stream lastnight and they officially confirmed a significant hobbit update is coming soon alongside an imminent update to dialed in. So that's good to hear.

You really can't knock JJP for supporting their code.

I sincerely hope it's improved since the last time i played it - 1.5yrs ago now - as that was a terrible experience :(

Just had it confirmed these come loaded with shaker motor and invisiglass for that price.

Need to get some orders in, I cant order just 2 games from JJP so a show of hands please ;-)

Wow Phil, shaker & invisiglass! That is such a great deal.
Come on folks you won't be sorry with the Hobbit.

Anymore orders for this, only got a couple and I cannot order 2 games from JJP!

If it helps people decide there is a code update coming soon!

(mentioned by Ted in the Google forum, by Keith in the Twitch feed last week and Jack in his recent interview)

Seems a shame, but this must be why they are offering such a good deal, people who like pinball already have enough hairy feet in their lives...

*NEW* HOBBIT CODE COMING SOON! We are pleased to announce that the next software version for The Hobbit is undergoing final testing, and will be released soon. Tune in to our Live Stream on Friday, July 6th @ 3PM Central/4PM Eastern, where the software team will be introducing some of the changes included in this release -
. In the meantime, a the list of changes for your review are below. Thank you all for your patience and support!

==============================================================================
== Jersey Jack Pinball ==
== Presents ==
== The Hobbit ==
== Copyright © 2016-8 Jersey Jack Pinball ==

== Version 2.90PR June 28, 2018 ==

- This is a Pre-Release version of software for testing only

=== Game Code

+ Added "There and Back Again" wizard mode for playing all Book Modes
+ Added enter name/initials for There and Back Again champ, Latest Smaug defeated,
Beast Champ, most modes played, most modes completed
* Rewrote Beast Frenzy rule: now wave-based to emphasize progression; super jackpot
is easier to achieve (after which mode can be cancelled via Ring Button)
+ Added adjustment that inhibits Beast Frenzy and Smaug MB overlap (default OFF)
+ Added intermediate difficulty level to Beast hurry-up rule
+ Added Status Report
+ Added award for playing all Book Modes for a given qualfier; award is
configurable for points (default) or spotting an Arkenstone task
+ Added adjustment to turn off Book Mode multiball
+ Added adjustment to turn off Book Mode selection with flippers after ramp shot
* Book Mode qualifier for Arkenstone now includes a scoring weight; more difficult
modes result in higher Arkenstone scoring
+ Added "Arkenstone Qualified" animation
* Fixed Arkenstone jewel animation at end of completed Book Mode
* Ring Button no longer available in Arkenstone modes
* Disallow starting an Arkenstone mode during a Book Mode
* Fixed pop-up beast arrow lamp colors showing during Arkenstone modes
+ Added new Ring anim colors to give each action its own color
* Ring Button lamp color now matched to action it will perform
* Fixed Smaug MB ramp diverter logic during grace
+ Added more Smaug speech for locking balls and jackpots
* Enhanced Smaug activity for multiball ready
* Fixed ramp LOCK light during "Flashback" mode
* Fixed "Flashback" ramp diverter logic during grace
* Ramp U-turn now scores ramp jackpots in Smaug Multiball
* Removed Smaug Multiball from Mystery Award
* Enhanced High Score/Enter Initials choreography
+ Added a bunch of speech calls to attract mode, game start, high scores, etc.
* Updated and added sound effects in a bunch of places
+ Added "Ball Saved" animation
+ Added ramp U-turn scoring rule
* Changed the mode hex icon display to improve contrast between played/not played modes
+ Bilbo, Gandalf, and Radagast arrows now light to show state of mode qualifier
+ Added GI lamp effects to all Book Modes
+ Added Book Mode completion percentage to book display
+ Added Book Mode "time added" display effect to book display
+ Added timer countdown speech to Book Modes
+ Added intro animations to Moon Runes and Fire & Water modes
* Book Mode "end scene" display is now killed when time added during grace
* Book Mode background movie now correctly restored when time added during grace
* Changed "The Bait" mode to use left VUK for "distract beast" shot
* Improved lamp usage in "The Bait", "Demise of Bolg", "The Contract",
"Gathering of Clouds" to help clarify targets to hit and avoid
* During "Demise of Bolg" adding time will now reset some drop targets
* Changed timer display for "Duel in Laketown" to clarify rule
* "Defeat of Azog" will now always pick a different beast for next shot
* Cleaned up instructions for "Orc Ambush"
+ Added error reporting for dragon stepper motor movement
* Dragon stepper motor is now turned off when game is idle
* Changed knocker "LOW" setting to be softer

=== Core Code

+ Added confirmation message and sound for setting clock and custom graphic
* Enhanced bumper and slingshot firing to provide finer adjustment granularity
* Fixed volume adjustment during game active that would sometimes leave music off
+ Added Test Report message for pinball missing
+ Added Switch History Test; shows 24 previous inactive->active switch transitions
* Changed kickback logic to prevent repeated firing with misadjusted switch
* Updated High Score/Enter Initials logic to handle all high score tables in
parallel so that all champ titles can be displayed at time of entry

Yeah, a lot of significant improvements there, good to see. The code was already very good.

Back
Top Bottom