What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UK pinball event - Daventry August 25th & 26th 2018

What no Deadpool?

Only joking, great lineup couldn't ask for more.

Great luck with the show to everyone involved. Phil and his team of organisers, all pin donors big and small.

Just a shame I can't get down for it, hope everyone has a great time and hope to see you all sometime at a future show.

You will be there in spirit Chris as you have donated two machines for it that Colin is going to take down with his [emoji3]. Well done you [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a real shame that this has happened, especially so close to the event. Good on you Phil for stepping up and sorting, I’m sure it’s going to be great. In terms of the tournaments, could I please request that no major changes to the format take place, if that is possible. Changing it greatly now could create a lot of confusion for people. Also, although David’s original post was confusing, the question about registering with IFPA is very valid. These are the biggest 2 tournaments that the UK has held for years, including people coming from abroad, so it’s pretty important that it does get registered with the IFPA, again if possible. Good luck with sorting everything guys, the whole event is going to be awesome

Not sure if this is the right place to,post but....

If I or any of the Irish lads heading over decide to buy a machine from the floor is there anywhere that a machine could be stored for a few day until a courier or whatever could be arranged ? Or would anybody have room to baby sit a machine for a few days until transport gets organised etc. Would probably need transporting from the hotel also I guess...

I haven’t a pin in mind but just seeing what’s available just in case. Does Martin offer storage etc etc ?(£ ?)

Any ideas welcome.
Cheers
Ian

This is a real shame that this has happened, especially so close to the event. Good on you Phil for stepping up and sorting, I’m sure it’s going to be great. In terms of the tournaments, could I please request that no major changes to the format take place, if that is possible. Changing it greatly now could create a lot of confusion for people. Also, although David’s original post was confusing, the question about registering with IFPA is very valid. These are the biggest 2 tournaments that the UK has held for years, including people coming from abroad, so it’s pretty important that it does get registered with the IFPA, again if possible. Good luck with sorting everything guys, the whole event is going to be awesome
Craig's spot on with his post - a huge shock especially this late in the day. Seems such a shame that any issues were not resolved much sooner as l know how much effort Peter has gone to organise the Open.
As Criag says UK Open is the UKs premier and biggest pinball comp by far and these days only one with any WPPR points of note, not that that should be a deciding factor but does act to attract some playera especially those travelling from Europe.
Furthermore to again agree with Craig seems to make most sense and least confusing to players to retain existing format for the comps.
Don't want to stoke fires BUT it does seem very wrong of Kirk to cast insinuations that UK Open organisers are trying to disrupt the show without explaining further. Im not aware of any reasons behind the cancellation but do not believe that the UK open is being run or organised in any fundamentally different way to when held at Daventry in the past when it always appeared to run smoothly.
Hope that there is still a UK Open whatever.its officially.called but in same format as already set.
It's awesome that Phil has taken on organising a big UK Show after several years absence and we all him every success and as othera have already posted sure that the forum will ensure that Phil is not out of pocket.

If I or any of the Irish lads heading over decide to buy a machine from the floor is there anywhere that a machine could be stored for a few day until a courier or whatever could be arranged ? Or would anybody have room to baby sit a machine for a few days until transport gets organised etc. Would probably need transporting from the hotel also I guess...
My office / warehouse is in Northampton so happy to store machines there if anyone needs to. Easy for a courier to pick up from there as well.
I'm doing a couple of shuttle runs Sunday night / Monday morning to move my machines back home in the van so could do an extra trip if need be.

Surely any new comp will be friendly only as there isn't 30 days to re-register a new wppr comp. Do we have any insight as to why Phil has cancelled the UK Open?

I can imagine Phil's head is exploding, maybe hold off on questions and give him weekend off? Yes i know its a tenner, but hes in it for thousands, and i am sure that'll be started next week.
And re the reasons surely that's between him and the ex comp organisers?

Reactions: DRD
Surely any new comp will be friendly only as there isn't 30 days to re-register a new wppr comp. Do we have any insight as to why Phil has cancelled the UK Open?

Unless they allow transfers?Either way, all's good,still a comp with or without the pin points

My office / warehouse is in Northampton so happy to store machines there if anyone needs to. Easy for a courier to pick up from there as well.
I'm doing a couple of shuttle runs Sunday night / Monday morning to move my machines back home in the van so could do an extra trip if need be.

You didnt tell me Dan.... Always up for some storage space just up the road ;) :D

There are people (on bith sides of the Atlantic) working on ensuring that there is a significant competition taking place over 2 days at UKPinfest at Daventry.

@Big Phil has said an announcement will be made in the next 24hrs. I'd suggest people wait for that announcement before rumours, gossip and any thing else gets out of hand.

Am I being stupid.

If we are going to have a comp on the same date at the same location can't it still be the UK open. If whoever was running it can't do it anymore, I'm sure we can all help out to make it happen with a new name above the door?

Can we have it so that all people can enter and not just the first 80 ? If possible

Having spoken to all parties involved... I firmly believe a solution is possible for the UK Pinball Open...

A lot of people have registered so can't be let down...

I’ll throw £50 in the pot and we can call it the PinballInfo Open ??

I mean - does it matter what it’s called??

I don’t know any specifics around this other than what’s been posted here, however Phil has a show to run, and to be honest I wouldn’t expect this to be at the top of the list...

@Big Phil is a thoroughly nice bloke who does a huge amount for this hobby. He has a full time job outside of pinball and takes big financial risks putting on events like Nerg, where if he is lucky he might just about break even.

Why don't folk just keep shtum on here. Wait for Phil 's next announcement when he is ready.

Loads of speculation and feverish comment on an open forum ain't gonna help him at what must be a stressful time.

Back
Top Bottom