What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UK pinball event - Daventry August 25th & 26th 2018

What do you think is an acceptable charge? I'll paypal the rest back you. PM me your address.
It's ok phill I just assumed bringing a pin gained entry .as I had already bought a VIP ticket did not think I had to pay for a delivery guy also .put it as a donation towards your losses I'm far from needing it .
And thanks again for a wonderful weekend

Thanks to @Big Phil for organising this. We had a fantastic weekend, great to have an event like it back again. Some lovely machines there, enjoyed The Sopranos, The Flintstones (even if I did have to explain that translite to my mam...) , Shrek and Creech.

It's ok phill I just assumed bringing a pin gained entry .as I had already bought a VIP ticket did not think I had to pay for a delivery guy also .put it as a donation towards your losses I'm far from needing it .
And thanks again for a wonderful weekend

Didn't realise you'd purchased a ticket also. You didn't have to. A machine gets you entry. I appreciate the donation. My ticket was rather expensive.

Too many people to thank and it was a fantastic weekend. Nice to meet @Big Phil (albeit in the toilets) and well done on spectacular event. Hopefully 'rinse and repeat' for next year.

I also missed @cooldan despite looking for him in the courtyard. Some great efforts on the drinking front by @thelab and @Nickoss II , well done chaps and hope you can now see straight.

No pinball Flu to report so the hand sanitiser did the job!

Too many people to thank and it was a fantastic weekend. Nice to meet @Big Phil (albeit in the toilets) and well done on spectacular event. Hopefully 'rinse and repeat' for next year.

I also missed @cooldan despite looking for him in the courtyard. Some great efforts on the drinking front by @thelab and @Nickoss II , well done chaps and hope you can now see straight.

No pinball Flu to report so the hand sanitiser did the job!

Nope, still can't see straight. Had to pass playing in the evenings as I couldn't see the ball on the playfield. Very bad.

Thanks for the feedback in Stallball it was a lot of fun to run and we got the knack of it pretty quickly!

A few have mentioned The shadow and I can only take credit for the LED ColorDMD. The game I I bought it from @chris b and @lee riley did all of the hard work!

Although the battlefield rear drops aren’t working so I will take a look at that at the weekend.

Look at the packing mess and I’ve not finished unpacking !

1202b81554d4079646f67cb1c301e9f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback in Stallball it was a lot of fun to run and we got the knack of it pretty quickly!

A few have mentioned The shadow and I can only take credit for the LED ColorDMD - I bought it from @chris b and @leeriley did all of the hard work!

Although the battlefield rear drops aren’t working so I will take a look at that at the weekend.

Look at the packing mess and I’ve not finished unpacking !

1202b81554d4079646f67cb1c301e9f8.jpg

that's just wrong. Some people would have killed for that kind of packaging luxury while sleeping on hotel room floors.

one more good comment i have to mention is that i never saw anyone abusing the machines or seriously loosing their cool unlike at other events with comps involved. lets keep it that way!
I did come very close after tilting out of TAF in the league final, especially after losing due to Cousin It's random award of 10mil to
Krzysztof:mad:, but managed to hold it together:)

one more good comment i have to mention is that i never saw anyone abusing the machines or seriously loosing their cool unlike at other events with comps involved. lets keep it that way!
Not in the comp but I did see one dip **** ragging on machines when he lost a ball on Saturday. Short bloke with a camo top on, watched him like a hawk when he was on machines after giving the comp T2 a massive shove after his game ended. Dont need bellends like this at shows!

I had a flimsy slap at Tron when it continued to be my utter Kryptonite game in my quest to reach Portal multiball, and I properly lost my rag (by my standards) on Saturday evening as I was sucking utter sh*t at every game I'd went near the entire day, but frankly a lot of players slap harder than I did as part of their normal gameplay, proven by the fact that nobody noticed it - though I'm sure people noticed me twirling about and getting very huffy. I'm one of those players that starts dancing and getting dramatic rather than physically taking it out on the machine. Perhaps a choice swear word or two.

All in all I'm pretty chill if me 'losing my rag' makes me play like a lot of other players do as par for course, for about a second before I regret it, haha.

Didn't see the camo top dude. I did see someone get pretty darn ****ed off over discovering that Pinball Magic is not a game that gives you the ball back if you score 0 for the ball (and also can give a 0 bonus!) but he used his words and not his hands, so he's cool with me!

a long time ago when I was a stoodent we had a High Speed in the uni bar and ball would get stuck behind the right escape. I once saw 6 blokes turn the machine upside down to free it. cant remember if I was impressed or horrified!

Just arrived home with my 9 year old granddaughter to find a parcel waiting for her. Turns out she won 3rd place in the Youth competition on Shrek. She is so excited and it’s good to know there may be one family member with more skill than enthusiasm. Thanks again to the organisers for a brilliant event.
930613A6-0FEC-4470-9705-044FC51D3A87.jpeg

Just arrived home with my 9 year old granddaughter to find a parcel waiting for her. Turns out she won 3rd place in the Youth competition on Shrek. She is so excited and it’s good to know there may be one family member with more skill than enthusiasm. Thanks again to the organisers for a brilliant event.
View attachment 70014

Now that is class. The sender and your granddaughter both deserve kudos.

Not in the comp but I did see one dip **** ragging on machines when he lost a ball on Saturday. Short bloke with a camo top on, watched him like a hawk when he was on machines after giving the comp T2 a massive shove after his game ended. Dont need bellends like this at shows!

Saw this guy too a strange block not sure he spoke English I had to tell him to stop abusing the machine on the ph stand he had pushed the iron maiden back nearly 8 inch but that’s the only person all weekend I saw getting a bit physical

Saw this guy too a strange block not sure he spoke English I had to tell him to stop abusing the machine on the ph stand he had pushed the iron maiden back nearly 8 inch but that’s the only person all weekend I saw getting a bit physical
Should have let one of us know, we'd have had a quiet word - the signs say the machines are people's personal property so it isn't on. J

Finally got round to setting the machines up at home again, had a quick go to see if everything is working, but no time to fix anything yet.

Looking at the audits,

LW3 had 410 plays - only issue is the kickback solenoid not firing, not sure if it is the switch not registrering, or the coil not firing.
TAF had 307 plays (but was off on Sunday afternoon) - Balls are all stuck in the swamp. Not sure why yet, this is why it was off at pinfest though. Gives me something to do this week in the evenings.
LOTR had 367 plays - no issues.

I didn't reset the audits on the other 2 as they weren't set up at home before pinfest. Fishtales survived without issues though, although it has since stopped working at my mates house. BK2K is tombstoned until I finish the Pinshed.

Finally got round to setting the machines up at home again, had a quick go to see if everything is working, but no time to fix anything yet.

Looking at the audits,

LW3 had 410 plays - only issue is the kickback solenoid not firing, not sure if it is the switch not registrering, or the coil not firing.
TAF had 307 plays (but was off on Sunday afternoon) - Balls are all stuck in the swamp. Not sure why yet, this is why it was off at pinfest though. Gives me something to do this week in the evenings.
LOTR had 367 plays - no issues.

I didn't reset the audits on the other 2 as they weren't set up at home before pinfest. Fishtales survived without issues though, although it has since stopped working at my mates house. BK2K is tombstoned until I finish the Pinshed.
What are the readings on WPT? I reset them all before the show - I think.

:rofl: you might have to ease up a bit on the settings if true?!

Some of these numbers are really high. There was 18.5 hrs of public play time (including VIP night sessions), so to get 451 plays in, and assuming it was literally no gaps between games - that's at best an average of 2.5 mins of ball time per game!

Do you maybe have fast restart turned on, and people were holding down the button to restart a crap game?

Spiderman had 451 plays

We put a good few on it, was nice to play a game where we knew what we were doing and at least had a chance of getting a half decent score! I"m assuming it has LECOCD as it was a lot smoother and less flickery than mine

We put a good few on it, was nice to play a game where we knew what we were doing and at least had a chance of getting a half decent score! I"m assuming it has LECOCD as it was a lot smoother and less flickery than mine

No it doesn’t! But it does have high quality LEDs and still some incandescents on the mode shots.

I’ve got comet leds and a ocd board for it purely because of the dim mode for the different bad guys stages as LEDOCD does nothing else of value (!) but decided to move it on as It’s quite similar to Stern Star Trek and I can’t stand Toby McGuire!

Cheers
Neil.

:rofl: you might have to ease up a bit on the settings if true?!

Some of these numbers are really high. There was 18.5 hrs of public play time (including VIP night sessions), so to get 451 plays in, and assuming it was literally no gaps between games - that's at best an average of 2.5 mins of ball time per game!

Do you maybe have fast restart turned on, and people were holding down the button to restart a crap game?

I’m just telling you the numbers from the audit! It does have fast restart on but not sure that would make a difference. It also wasn’t there on Friday so maybe that number is wrong (I subtracted from the number on the Saturday morning as it wasn’t setup until then IIRC.

Neil.

Sterns audits don't add up right.Imdn had 300 odd plays but when you delve into other audits they just don't seem right

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom