What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UK pinball event - Daventry August 25th & 26th 2018

And in a court, they just believe one person right?
Alright, alright. Your right and prerogative to fight that corner for him, my call to generally disagree with this instance.

This won't go anywhere better so we best leave it at that.

Great weekend! Respect and thank you to everyone involved in organising and supporting. Sorry my old GOLD BALL was being temperamental all weekend. Really hope it goes ahead again.

Only slight downer was when I dropped my hired Transit van back at the depot last night... I noticed someone had tooled the drivers door lock (central locking still worked but it was possible to open the door by sticking a screwdriver in the lock and turning). Anyone else with a van/lorry that was parked in the hotel car park over the weekend suffer similar damage?

Only slight downer was when I dropped my hired Transit van back at the depot last night... I noticed someone had tooled the drivers door lock (central locking still worked but it was possible to open the door by sticking a screwdriver in the lock and turning). Anyone else with a van/lorry that was parked in the hotel car park over the weekend suffer similar damage?
That's a worry actually. It might be worth getting in touch with other van hires. Doubt anyone lost anything as everything including tools seemed to be all left inside the venue.

My rental van was untouched but it was a tiny, untempting PoC and was also not parked overnight on any of the days.

@PBrookfield I thought you were bringing a "players" F14? I didn't see it.
My van hire company completely fecked me over and gave me a tiny "van" at the 11th hour not big enough for both machines I wanted to bring without taking the heads off of both of them. Not a quick job on my operator-bodge-jobbed F14 and the Black Rose I was bringing wasn't mine so wasn't happy doing that all in haste, so I ended up just bringing up Steve's Black Rose as I was swapping it for his HS2. And despite all that I was still barely on time before Friday start.

Assuming no further tossups of that calibre I will lug it along to Blackpool in October.

I reached out to AH a few times without success.

@mufcmufc It was you who provided the contact details for Peter and he was a god send! THANK YOU! I'll add you to the message.

Still recovering. "Only" 7 games to set back up ready for Saturday

Thanks for Phil for putting on a great event. And a a special thanks to his helpers for moving / setting up and loading machines and the NLP guys for solving issues and walking the line checking on games which is very important when they get unleashed on the general public.

Havent checked any game audits but somehow Getaway fixed itself in transit which is a first at any event

Thanks for Poibugs advise on the IMDN Newton ball issue (it keeps droppjng off!) which I'm hoping to resolve when its set back up

I need to talk to Paul Brookfield to see if we can share a smallish van to PLAY BLACKPOOL so we can bring up maybe 4 games

If anyone needs a F14 fix , mine will be going to EGX at the NEC shortly as I always try to take one older game

Roll on 2019. Hopefully bring AFM next year as it was one game missing from the line up although my favorite game of the weekend was Seawitch!

Sill 50/50 on Thunderbirds. The fact it was still going on Sunday afternoon may swing it. Plus really enjoyed Mike's down to earth seminar

I am missing a set of silver b/w legs from bride of pinbot. They were left under Sacred stiff (by the big back door) after Stan put the machine in his boot. If any of the team that kindly packed up my machines whilst i was playing in the league finals know where they went, please let me know

They were there Sunday night when I came back to grab a couple more machines, Darren thought they were mine, but we left them there.

I didn’t see them on Monday morning though when I grabbed the last machine.

That doesn’t really help at all does it.... :hmm:

just sat down to read through the messages and great to see so many positive comments and id also like to add mine and my thanks. Loved the line of the new games all together it looked like a trade show from the 90's. JJP pirates, Iron maiden and Houdini were great, so many machines there even id not seen before. didnt get to try kill bill but looked good. the social side of things were fantastic and lovely to see old friends and make new- its such a great thing to have it at the hotel we can eat drink be merry, play pinball and even swim on the same premises!
big thanks to the NLP team and techs for helping keep those tempremental games flash & black knight going- theyl have to have a good service before they come to any more shows.
Alan J was great to chat to you and Clare and glad you enjoyed Spectrum they are right though it will only be for sale after i go flippin in the sky. ha
BIG thanks for keeping the wine flowing and the glass full. yes really enjoyed Daventry and will be happy to come along and support the event again next year.
Il have a look in shed in morn but i dont think iv any extra legs as i only counted 8 sets as putting them in the van.

i would also like to thank @Big Phil and staff for a great weekend which felt to me like it ran really smooth from setting up to taking away, i really enjoyed the visit back to Daventry and the great line up of pins ,there did seem to be a bit less queuing most of the time which made it a better weekend . i was most impressed with the matrix and most tempted to buy dialed in or possibly iron maiden. i did think that alien was going to be there as never seen 1 in the flesh but nevermind .

@PUP andy it was great to meet you and put a face to the name - watching you play was fantastic and congrats again on the U.K. League title!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: PUP
If the hotel does have them I only live about 30 mins away. I’d be happy to pick them up package them up and send them on to you. Pm me if you want me to

Very generous, thanks! I'm hoping that Steve or Peter will have picked them up though.

Very generous, thanks! I'm hoping that Steve or Peter will have picked them up though.

Definitely not me. Majority of machines back on their legs, those folded have their legs with them. No left over legs found. All ours were cling filmed and labelled so I knew we didn't have them from when it was first suggested.

I believe I saw these late Sat night, they were next to my WPT, down by the double door exit.
@Big Phil put them up by the NLP desk as we couldn't identify a machine they went with.
Not sure what happened after that with them.

I believe I saw these late Sat night, they were next to my WPT, down by the double door exit.
@Big Phil put them up by the NLP desk as we couldn't identify a machine they went with.
Not sure what happened after that with them.

Did I? Can't even remember that.

My Take on the UK Pinfest.

The show was amazing friendly staff, well organised and very few machines went down for long with the NLP crew working so well at keeping them going.

Kudos to NLP for fixing my TZ thanks to whoever it was.
Thanks to @Big Phil for running such a smoothly organised show and il be back.
A massive thank you to @DanLewell who is looking after my TZ till I get it shipped out.
Lastly, I want to thank @replicas for being a stand-up guy.

The highlights and lowlights of the show from my perspective

Best looking machine had to be @Neil McRae s The shadow very well done sir and a credit to you (will be getting one)
Best Classic machine for me was stern seawitch (anyone looking to sell one)
Best Modern game outside of what I own had to be Houdini

The comps I won't add but hope they're better in the future the UKpinball league finals left a bitter taste that id like to forget.
Having to pay entry for my delivery guy to get into the event for an hour

@Neil McRae s 2 events were just a buzz and a major highlight for me chatting the peeps in front and behind in the line.

A massive thank you to these guys and their wives/partners/ sons for making a memorable and fabulous weekend for me. @AlanJ @mission65 @kevlar @Neil McRae @newdos @JohnN @BigIan @DanLewell @ianw @Poibug for the great chat and loads more that I forgot names.

I bought a few machines and as soon as I digest everything il be onto you guys about transport.

Thank you all and roll on 2019
PS Tony its your round

The show was amazing friendly staff, well organised and very few machines went down for long with the NLP crew working so well at keeping them going.

A massive thank you to @DanLewell who is looking after my TZ till I get it shipped out.

Best looking machine had to be @Neil McRae s The shadow very well done sir and a credit to you (will be getting one)

The comps I won't add but hope they're better in the future the UKpinball league finals left a bitter taste that id like to forget.

@Neil McRae s 2 events were just a buzz and a major highlight for me chatting the peeps in front and behind in the line.

A massive thank you to these guys and their wives/partners/ sons for making a memorable and fabulous weekend for me. @AlanJ @mission65 @kevlar @Neil McRae @newdos @JohnN @BigIan @DanLewell @ianw @Poibug for the great chat and loads more that I forgot names.

I bought a few machines and as soon as I digest everything il be onto you guys about transport.

PS Tony its your round

Good to meet ya mate

There was nothing by the door when ww left at 1pm. I had some junk in the corner and didn't notice any legs by the back even before Peter left.

PS Tony its your round
Yeah Tony deffo your round bud !!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom