What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UK pinball event - Daventry August 25th & 26th 2018

Got home quicker than going ( 7 hours as opposed to 9 [emoji16]- only allowed two toilet breaks from Colin ). We will empty van in the morning as too knackered after all the playing , competing , marvelling , drinking , catching up , meeting and all the laughing - we are all a wonderfully good and weird community - big thank you to Phil and his team and NLP guys for the quickest and most organised pack down and loading ever. Daventry is back with bells on .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must just say I really enjoyed playing Pinball Magic, Capcon game - I really liked that - so that is on my list of potential future machines.

There was also a SS machine, it was next to Jurassic Park - it was unique in that it didn't have a plunger - the ball appeared out of the drain hole when you pressed the right flipper - it was some sort of code breaking sort of game - anyone recall the name please?

What a smashing time. Some great games and some great, great people too.

Thanks @Big Phil. You did a top job mate, as did all the blue shirts. Great organisation throughout right to the end - thank you so much!!!
Hotel couldn't be more obliging and helpful - a pleasure to stay.
Great to see the boy wizard Le Potter! :)
Some really great old and new pins too!
@astyy really nice rocket EM pin, great job on the cab, back glass, legs and bringing it back - thank you for bringing!

As Poi mentioned in the earlier thread some really great contributions to the Cancer Research UK charity thing i am doing.
Thank you @steve brum for your massive contribution - just wow!
@NLP crew thank you so much for your stonking contribution both from you individually and the MM machine you set up for me on pay to play. Thank you also for your ideas and support concerning 'Charity Stuff'- top blokes all of ya!
Mike the Thunderbird man for your contribution, thank you if you are reading and good luck with TBs!
Tim the streamer thank you and @chris b thanks buddy for the massive contribution - good to meet you again by the way :)
The lady that was playing my Quenss Cstle when it had a hiccup, thank you for the money and Dave D - thanks for your winnings mate and the talk we had :)

I will be puttin the money into the just giving thread tommorrow, unde my name and mention you all on each donation!

Cheers to Robbie for putting up with me and my SID tunes in the van :)

The total taken away form PinFest towards Cancer Research was.......

£779.00

You generous 8uggers you!!!

My total in Just giving excluding the above reads....

£742.

So when i can get into town later this week the full total will be: -

£1,521.

I will be sending a note out soon about somethings else Pin Related that I am doing to raise money for CRUK, later this week. Just need to have a quick chat with @Paul ... :)

In the mean time, this is the link to the thread that may shed a bit more light on why i will be running and cycling in a tu tu with make up like Lilly Savage!

http://www.pinballinfo.com/communit...ght-it-can-you-help-please.40472/#post-266802

Thank you all!

JB

Home, caught up on some real life stuff, car unloaded, washing in, food eaten and now sat down in front of the computer typing this.

There are sooooo many people to thank. It just goes to show how many good people there are in this community. These things scare the hell out of me in case I forget just one person. If I have forgotten someone, it's not intentional and it doesn't mean I don't value you like the others. I'm shattered and there are so many people involved in making this happen. Drop me a note of some kind and I'll edit the post.

Firstly, thanks to the sponsors @philpalmer and @Tilt_Birmingham With such a tight budget, it was great to get them on board so early to help financially. It was also generous of them to loan their latest games. The row in front of the stage was a fantastic line up.

Thanks to the NLP crew. Worked tirelessly all weekend. They're like Duracell bunnies!

Thanks to Peter Davies the electrician. Him and his wife put the entire NERG electrical subcontract team to shame. And there's about 10 of them!

Thanks to @mufcmufc for passing on the contact Peter's details.

Thanks to all you pin donators. Couldn't have a pinball event without pins! You pledge your pride and joy to get played for 22 1/2 hours. So selfless of you all. And some of you travelled for up to 9 hours. I'm truly humbled.

Thanks to @Moonraker, the Raisons, Martin Ayub and the crew for the pinball competition. I certainly don't envy you doing that. All the results can be found here - http://tournaments.pinballnews.com/

Thanks to @Moonraker's Mother. She was such a lovely woman. We stood and chatted for a while then she handed me £50 and said she always like to donate to niche hobbies and events. Very generous of her.

Thanks to @Wayne J for sorting and running the league finals.

Thanks to @strobey for live streaming the competition. I couldn't believe the amount of gear he carts around with him to make it happen. I was expecting a laptop and a camera! Same with the Raisons and @Neil McRae . A crazy amount of electrical gear.

Thanks to Pinnovating, @Homepin and Team Mafia for agreeing to be the special guests. Adds glitter and something extra special to the event. :)

Thanks to @Neil McRae for the live streams and hosting the talks. Also the hugely popular Stall Ball comp. That went down a storm! Soooo popular and great fun!

Thanks to @ailsaclunie and the Scottish Pinball Association for sponsoring the Best In Show.

Thanks to the hotel. They just couldn't do enough to help. Nothing was too much and they were so flexible and relaxed. A breath of fresh air to work with.

Thanks to my family and friends. I work on NERG and UKPinfest literally every day. Takes up the majority of my spare time and a little too much of my normal work time. My family and friends accept it, put up with it and most of all, support and physically help me during the actual events. And they always have a smile on their faces. I feel like I ask too much of them but they're always there. As are all of you. I guess we're all just a tad crazy!

A special thanks to @kevlar for staying back and helping dismantle machines. He could have easily done his one machine and sat in the bar.

And thanks to Gary Flower for supporting the event financially. He purchased his very first ticket for a Daventry event. VIP too!

And lastly, thanks to @Paul for the forum. It's been the virtual meeting place putting UKPinfest together. Need flyers/banners for this place at future events, @Paul !

Feedback has been fantastic. The only gripes were from people wanting to play the machines which were reserved for the competition. I think I managed to resolve most of these by ushering them to the machine in question and managing to get them a game on it. I would say only one of them was a complaint. A guy really wanted to play Medieval Madness. I took him out to the one in reception and popped 6 credits on it for him so all sorted.

I'm blown away by the feedback. It's amazing! I look forward to Martin's review of the event.

So it all starts again tomorrow. I'm expecting a call from the hotel to sort out a contract for next year. Pencil in 24th & 25th August 2019 ;)

Last edited:
There was also a SS machine, it was next to Jurassic Park - it was unique in that it didn't have a plunger - the ball appeared out of the drain hole when you pressed the right flipper - it was some sort of code breaking sort of game - anyone recall the name please?

Spectrum. My partner, Pauline, loved it too!

What a great show,big phill you totally cracked it this weekend,i was back n forth all weekend doing repairs so apologies to ppl I promised to chat to or didn't get chance to,thanks to my mates in the nlp crew for being top ppl as always,the Scottish crew luv ya as always,phills crew for all what they did,all you great pinball folk who without your machine loans it wouldn't be possible for shows to happen ?,well done to all who organised the comps too,got home at 11.30 this morn and went straight to bed lol what a gteat pinball community we have!!!! Oh thanks to arv for allowing me to stroke his beard!!

Just to join in with the general praise - fantastic, came away with another list of pinballs to get that I can't afford and have no space for ... still, what the heck!

Thanks to the stalls I'm about to go to the light side (LED lights that is ...) just need to plug them all in

Already looking forward to next year!

Lovely photos Neil although after not seeing even an out of focus shot of the back of my head I'm starting to doubt if I was actually there this weekend.

Just a quick thanks to everyone who helped organise the show and tournaments. Very happy to hear it went well enough to be happening again next year. Hopefully word of mouth about how great the event went will get more people coming to the next. I can't wait.

Lovely photos Neil although after not seeing even an out of focus shot of the back of my head I'm starting to doubt if I was actually there this weekend.

Just a quick thanks to everyone who helped organise the show and tournaments. Very happy to hear it went well enough to be happening again next year. Hopefully word of mouth about how great the event went will get more people coming to the next. I can't wait.

Wise words.The harsh reality is people have to support them, stuck record mode here I know but use it or lose it.
This ,nerg and NLP Blackpool, may be a "long distance from home" but I was speaking to great people at the weekend from Holland, Ireland and Scotland, and all of them require a load of effort to attend but did it and loved it, he'll if @Atlantis hadn't attended he would have missed the body wrapping?

I only had my camera out for about an hour as it had some strange problem with the battery being detected.

What a fantastic show! Can't believe what an effort was put on by all involved. So many people to thank!

Big thanks to @Big Phil and his team, and the NLP crew keeping the show on the road.

Great work by @Moonraker, the Raisons, @Wayne J and @Neil McRae for the competitions which were fantastic fun.

@strobey and @Neil McRae for the streaming - I'll be catching up some of the talks i've missed this week.

Everyone that brought their machines. The community's generosity to drag them across the country for us all to play cannot be overstated.

Everyone I played with/drank with/chatted to over the weekend - you're all fantastic people i only wish i had more time to spend longer with everyone.

@Matt Vince for transporting me to the show - Cheers mate!

And everyone i've missed and those working tirelessly behind the scenes.

Roll on next year!

I'll be floored if anyone ever takes a photo of me at an event that I've attended. It's become something of a running joke that for my 15+ years of attending various conventions of all sorts, that I have a superpower at being a camera dodger.

The streak remains unchallenged!!

Back
Top Bottom