What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UK pinball event - Daventry August 25th & 26th 2018

I don't have anything to do with the room bookings. I got a batch of rooms reserved under UKPinfest. After that, it's down to yourself and the hotel. I don't think a list could be published anyway due to the nanny state/GDPR and peoples privacy. Plus, some may be booked in with their fancy women/men.

@windoesnot We're there all day Friday. Show starts at 7pm.

Last edited:
They mispelled my email address too, had to ring again when no confirmation came through first time, idiots!

I will be checking into the hotel at around 5 on the Friday - is anyone going for some beers/bite to eat prior to the 7 o clock opening? Would be great to not have to do the whole eating on your own thing I get too much of that when travelling for work.

I will be checking into the hotel at around 5 on the Friday - is anyone going for some beers/bite to eat prior to the 7 o clock opening? Would be great to not have to do the whole eating on your own thing I get too much of that when travelling for work.
Don't know about eating but I'll be there for a beer after lugging machines around all day. :)

Well I will more than likely be eating in the bar anyway prior to getting into the venue

Cheers Kirk. We'll play it by ear. Im off all day so I'm planning to do the first drop off 10ish then back to grab some more...

I think 7pm open time on Friday is very optimistic as of previous years pins are still coming in then and people are trying to set up the ph stand will not be getting turned on till everything is set up no matter what time
Setting up when people want to play is a real pita

It's been advertised like that for over a year. People have purchased tickets too. Just one more thing for me to worry about then I guess :)

I think 7pm open time on Friday is very optimistic as of previous years pins are still coming in then and people are trying to set up the ph stand will not be getting turned on till everything is set up no matter what time
Setting up when people want to play is a real pita

Possibly different to the Heighway days is the amount of help available.. There will be a few of us NLP crew on hand to help with setup mate, and plenty more from Phil's crew. See how it goes though, like you say - if people turn up late then setting up in time is more difficult.

I should get there mid afternoon Friday and if not p*ssed by 7pm will happily help out if needed.

It's been advertised like that for over a year. People have purchased tickets too. Just one more thing for me to worry about then I guess :)

I'd agree 7pm is optimistic, however can't imagine anyone being a major xxx if it's an hour late, as they are probably a pinhead anyway and will realise the big undertaking a show is

The last nlp and Pinball party people are still turning up after 9 I intend to be there no later than mid afternoon but lots of people have long drives and may not set up till later also the loading bay at the hotel is only small I am not being a kill joy but trying to set up when people want to play is asking for an accident and the venue is much smaller and compact then event city

I agree Chris so I think if folks can get there well ahead of 7pm it would be very helpful in getting setup.

Cheers,
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The last nlp and Pinball party people are still turning up after 9 I intend to be there no later than mid afternoon but lots of people have long drives and may not set up till later also the loading bay at the hotel is only small I am not being a kill joy but trying to set up when people want to play is asking for an accident and the venue is much smaller and compact then event city

Yes I remember that well 6+ hrs in traffic. I'm setting off mid morning just to be sure.

Yep I'll be there in the bar/restaurant nice n early. See you there @James !!!!

Great @AlanJ - that'd be good for a beer, and some food if you are free when I am in there.

I am guessing that means "Some Warm Manky Beer O'Course" @Neil McRae

I am more than happy to help set up - I could leave work at 12:00 and be there by 14:30 @Big Phil - but if it is a case of too many hands don't make light work (i.e. - too many people with not enough to do) that's fine too. I will check in and watch homes under the hammer.

I think breakfast is included mate. if not we will smuggle you out a bowl of porridge!

but if you have questions about the hotel then the best place to ask is the hotel.

In fairness, I've had this advertised for over a year now. The Friday evening session has always been a 7pm start.

I'd appreciate it if you can all get there for mid afternoon latest. We'll see how things are around 6pm.

No doubt this has been asked before, I have booked 2 nights fri, sat, my e-mail says pinfest on it, does not mention breakfast is included on my e-mail
Think all our emails say the same, breakfast is £16.50 per head unless included in the room rate ( which it is according to @Big Phil and the hotel when I asked during booking ). Strangely it doesn't say it's included anywhere on the email. I'm fully expecting them to try to charge us.

Yea it says extra on mine too, but if it is included that's a great price! (Although £16.50 is a scandal).

Sausage, bacon, bread rolls and mustard! The breakfast of kings. KINGS!

Back
Top Bottom