What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the scene

Thory

Registered
10 Years
Hi

Just discovered the site through the yahoo group after a bit of searching ;-) In the middle of converting my garage into a games room and have always been after getting a pin. My era of pinball is the early nineties, so I'll be on the lookout for something from that period. Don't think I'll go for TAF or TZ just yet though!

Cheers

Welcome to the forum
smile-1.png
How big is your new games room going to be and what are you planning on putting in there....just pins or other stuff too? Any pics of the conversion progress so far you can show?

I've got an arcade and a good old fashion dart board planned so far. Space should be around 7m x 3m when finished, but I've got to put the washing mahine and tumble dryer back in apparently:( I'll see if I can post some pics up.

Hi Thory - welcome to the madness
smile-1.png

I think a lot of us on the scene cut our teeth on the early 90s pins - I know I have a soft spot for those titles ...Whitewater, Fish Tales, T2 etc - they seemed to be everywhere back then.

There are loads of great titles - TAF and TZ are of course classics, unfortunately prices have gone pretty crazy on some of the so called 'A' list titles recently so they aren't cheap, but dont panic there are tons of great 90s games you should be able to get for under 1K.

Whereabouts do you live ? Maybe you can find someone local with machines and can try some out, or get along to one of the pinball shows - next biggies are the Northern Lights bash in Blackpool in November, and the South Coast Slam down here in Worthing in April 2012.

Just be warned this is a very addictive hobby .... once you get one pin it can be a slippery slope to another and another and another
biggrin-1.png

cheers

Ive

Welcome Thory - i'm sure you'll find lots here willing to help with the layout of your gamesroom
biggrin-1.png

If you get chance, why not add yourself to the "member map" at the top of the page - then everyone will have an idea of where you are in this 'huge' country of ours
smile-1.png

Thanks for the welcome!

Looking at going to Replay in Blackpool, didn't realise until today it would have so many pins as well. I did plan to go to the UK Pinball party but was away on that weekend, so another reason to go to Blackpool - as well as the Illuminations obviously:)

Welcome to the addiction!

Remember, one is never enough
wink-1.png

After doing my garage,just a few personal thoughts

1) DEFFO vent out the drier!!

2)Add a dehumidifier

3)Insulate to the best that you can afford-if flat roof I found the kingspan/quin therm/celotex foil backed foam insualtion very good for the roof if 6" joists.Good for stopping external heat coming IN too on the summer(when we have some:confused:).Pin room has been about 3.5 degrees or so cooler which feels nice.Also acts as a good sound deadener.Same goes for wall and floor insulation-best you can afford

4)wall mounted bottle openers and pin gulps a must!!

5)Watch out they multiply.

Best number of pins to own is.............

However many you have PLUS ONE :cool:

Pictures of the garage convesrion so far. TYHO thanks for the tips, a dehumidifier is top of the purchase list, after a pin ;-)

[attachment=117:p1040685.JPG]

[attachment=120:p1040714.JPG]

See you already have the beer fridge sorted. So that the first two things in importance Pins, Beer.
smile-1.png

replicas' date=' post: 1677595 said:
See you already have the beer fridge sorted. So that the first two things in importance Pins, Beer.
smile-1.png

Good spot
wink-1.png

Looks like the perfect pinball cave! Be careful - they multiply. I got my first pin in April and have been through four already!! Good times though! Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom