What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold NEW....Rockbottom price! £2250 - Haunted House

Nevin

Site Supporter
For sale here is a Haunted House that I've owned for three years. It's in amazing original condition and a joy to behold. The playfield is like new, the nuts and screw still shine. Built like a tank, the only thing that lets it down is some graffiti on the right side of the top box as shown in photo. It has a modern MPU board fitted allowing seven digit scores. Plays spot on with no issues.

£3500

DSC_0274.jpg
DSC_0278.jpg
DSC_0282.jpg
013.jpg
014.jpg
015.jpg
016.jpg
017.jpg
018.jpg
019.jpg
020.jpg
021.jpg
022.jpg
023.jpg
024.jpg
025.jpg
026.jpg
027.jpg
028.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg
DSC_0278.jpg
DSC_0282.jpg

Stunning. Haunted house was the first pinball I ever fell in love with as a kid. there was one in the arcade on the caravan site we went to most weekends, back in the early eighties. I enjoyed a game or two on the other tables (I only actually specifically remember 1 one them out of the 5 or 6) but this one had me mesmerised. The sounds, the triple level playfield. the 8978236123 flippers ;) I wasted a lot of 10p's playing it very badly.

Good luck with the sale, If I had the money, I'd buy it in a heartbeat :D

Easily the best backglass ever made. Would.love one of these one day! Great to see one up for sale, and in such good nick.

Holy testicles that is one sweet looking HH. How did it even survive the 80’s looking that new. Got to be one of the nicest examples out there

Virtually no-one is interested in Gottliebs in the UK. You may do better selling it abroad.

I would love to buy a Haunted House for the club, but honestly this one is too expensive.

I thought forum rules were not to comment on sales prices ? Even when they are grossly optimistic

Its a shame Zacc's and Gottliebs don't get the same love as Williams/Ballys, their playfields are built to last forever, they don't suffer the same washout with the colours that the WMS/Ballys do.
Although My old mate Lee Buck loved his Zacc's and had a good collection.

totally agree with the general sentiment here , what a great looking Haunted House !!! However , I can't help but notice that the 3 circular playfield inserts above the 3 possible entry points from the plunge ,seem to be in the wrong order ??? shouldn't they be ( from left to right ) Cellar , Main Floor , Upstairs , ...where this reads Upstairs , Cellar , Main Floor ???

totally agree with the general sentiment here , what a great looking Haunted House !!! However , I can't help but notice that the 3 circular playfield inserts above the 3 possible entry points from the plunge ,seem to be in the wrong order ??? shouldn't they be ( from left to right ) Cellar , Main Floor , Upstairs , ...where this reads Upstairs , Cellar , Main Floor ???

Well spotted, correct

Isn't that part of this games' inter-connection between the three playfields, along with the double scoring (each levels' 2x scoring is activated by one of the other levels)?

What a lovely looking game.

d975729b6139202149f4168c691b2112.jpg

Fairly confident this is a game I owned 15 years ago! Sold about 2012 due to house move, lived its life in a youth club in Tottenham and put in a back room when it no longer worked. You can see the graffiti on the right top cab. Nice to see it looking so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm open to close reasonable offers on this. You can't ascertain the value of this machine by comparing a random sale which sold for 'X' amount, weeks or months ago, without doing a side by side comparison. Collectors would be happy to pay a premium for this quality. Thanks for the positive comments on this machine and yes it really is that good.

you need to find someone who wants one really badly, eBay or facebook. Sadly this is a 1K game no matter what the condition for most folks.

I would certainly pay a grand for it. Then stick it on Gumtree and look to get something approaching 2k for it.

Lots of stock about right now, so to shift a game you have to price it to sell. Look what @Jsyjay did. He shifted 2x alphanumerics in a day or two by being realistic with his pricing.

I know that forum etiquette is that prices are not meant to be dissed - but surely after a certain length of time (14 days?) of a game going unsold folk should be allowed to express a view ?

Polluting the forum for weeks and weeks with fantasyland, never gonna happen pricing is not an ideal outcome either.

you need to find someone who wants one really badly, eBay or facebook. Sadly this is a 1K game no matter what the condition for most folks.

Well mine sold for 2k, which was cheaper than what I may have got but as it was to a mate I wanted to discount him.So 1k is waay to harsh, but if that is what YOU would pay, fine

No I wouldn’t pay anything for it :) I don’t rate it! Unless you are looking for a “grail” pin anything more than about a grand for these games is crazy in my view. I point at my Meteor - I paid a lot more for it than its worth. As I always say - a game is worth what someone is willing to pay for it - you just have to find the someone. If you note I was very precise in my wording.

Cheers
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No I wouldn’t pay anything for it :) I don’t rate it! Unless you are looking for a “grail” pin anything more than about a grand for these games is crazy in my view. I point at my Meteor - I paid a lot more for it than its worth. As I always say - a game is worth what someone is willing to pay for it - you just have to find the someone. If you note I was very precise in my wording.

Cheers
Neil.

No you were not precise at all!
You made a factless assuming statement saying most folks would only pay 1k

No I posted an opinion - You can’t post a fact on something that hasn’t happened - can you now?

I bet though if this was at 1K it would have a huge amount of interest of folks on this forum and be sold already. Are you disagreeing with that opinion?

If then; this was to go to £1K and there was a huge amount of interest and then sold then I’d could add you where wrong twice, right now though you are only wrong once and potentially wrong one more time! Merry Christmas :D

Cheers,
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom