What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Paul from Basingstoke aka Amazingstoke. Grew up on pinball in a sea side town in the 1980's. Also really enjoyed play Rock back then.
Owned Hyperball, Lethal Weapon and Dr Who and The Getaway in the 1990's. Now back and have The Shadow and Tron on my millennium list.
Welcome aboard.

Paul @Solar Sailer welcome, somebody else from Basingstoke, let's play the theme tune:clap:

Special When Lit pinball club in Salisbury has an ace Tron to play (amongst other pinball awesomeness) - http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/index.php

Pinball club looks good. They have a Haunted House in repair. One of my favorites from the mid 80's. I'll have to take a look.
Basingstoke theme tune is great. What it does not tell you is that soon we will have a 2nd Nandos. We're not worthy, we're not worthy.....

Greetings all, I've been searching for a UK Pinball forum and it looks like I've found it :)

I currently have a home made Virtual Mini Pin, which is great, but I'm now looking to get a real machine to go with it.

To make space I will sadly have to get rid of my MAME arcade machine, but as I don't play on it much I think it will be worth it.

I'm pretty much set on getting the Stern Ghostbusters Pro table, I've played on a real one (and own the digital version) and love it. The theme, the music, the artwork, all appeal to me more than any other table I've played.

My question is, where to buy? I'm happy to buy a brand new one, but I can only find two distributors in the UK, Liberty Games and Home Leisure Direct. A friend recently bought an arcade cabinet from Home Leisure and wasn't overly impressed with their customer service, so I was leaning towards Liberty Games. Is there anything I should be aware of, or have I missed any other places I could procure this table from?

Thanks!

Thanks guys but these are gone now, I may have another premium GB for sale soon (used)

Thanks guys but these are gone now, I may have another premium GB for sale soon (used)

Thanks for the information James/Phil. Feel free to send me a message if you have another for sale. It's quite likely I will be placing an order sometime next week though.

Hi everybody hope this is in the right thread!
I built myself a man cave for Xmas filled it with 5 fruit machines& 1vpinball which I made
now I'd like a real pinball must admit never realised how expensive they are compared to fruits
I'd like bride of pinbot prices seem ok!anyways that's it

knowledge is power!

Thanks Adrian!

Welcome Adrian, so you'll be looking at selling a few fruit machines sometime soon then?

On the positive side you already have a gamesroom for the future pins.?

@Adrian welcome to Pinball Info, if you are not sure which machine to choose then get yourself down to the Pinfest show at Daventry. With over 100 machines to play I am sure you will find which machines you will want for your man cave. There are also a few machines up for sale at the show so you might even come away with one.

Hello there,
I’m Tony, just saying hello. I’m 47 and always wanted a machine so pulled the pin......excuse the pun. I’ve a bit of a rock/metal fan so when Stern produced the IM I knew I had to get it. Spent a bit of time researching the Pro/Prem/LE and had the opportunity to purchase any but decided on the Pro as I preferred the artwork and could mod . See a few photos.......the machine is awesome to play. Congrats on the forum ?

Attachments

• 25F8C512-5132-4E10-85C7-D4F648D50E6B.jpeg
    25F8C512-5132-4E10-85C7-D4F648D50E6B.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 19
  • B6D44D3F-7A3B-456D-B251-90EB6B87EF51.jpeg
    B6D44D3F-7A3B-456D-B251-90EB6B87EF51.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 5E61E380-C4BE-4196-9E0F-1C4072FEB112.jpeg
    5E61E380-C4BE-4196-9E0F-1C4072FEB112.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 7048DD59-4ACE-4480-A4DC-F59351D03376.jpeg
    7048DD59-4ACE-4480-A4DC-F59351D03376.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 9FB39C47-1E42-48F5-8299-5EF2758E735C.jpeg
    9FB39C47-1E42-48F5-8299-5EF2758E735C.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 22
  • D3559B27-A2B5-4EBA-8CFB-69A391AC52CF.jpeg
    D3559B27-A2B5-4EBA-8CFB-69A391AC52CF.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 20
Hey Tony, big rock/metal fan myself so really appreciate the artwork on that table, it looks superb! Thanks for sharing the photos. Having just purchased my first pin (Ghostbusters) I'm quickly finding how much time you can sink into tinkering with these things, but that's part of what makes owning one so enjoyable:)

@nugat - at an hour from me you are welcome up any weekend (let me know first in case of football etc) to flip on SS and my soon to arrive TWD.

Hey Tony, big rock/metal fan myself so really appreciate the artwork on that table, it looks superb! Thanks for sharing the photos. Having just purchased my first pin (Ghostbusters) I'm quickly finding how much time you can sink into tinkering with these things, but that's part of what makes owning one so enjoyable:)
Yes, I’ve spent circa 600 quid modding so far and will certainly go up, it’s a money drain ?. Love the ghostbusters theme as well and big fan of the movie franchise ? congrats . I’ve used Home Leisure Direct for my purchases. I purchased a brand new Pac Man Party Arcade 6 years ago - great machine with 11 original consolidated PCB Namco titles. I was extremely disappointed when it arrived, loads of cabinet damage and chipped playfield glass. Some of the comments from customer service were a little disappointing but they eventually came through good and received a replacement machine. It took 3 months but was happy with outcome. I used them again for my Iron Maiden Pro and turned up mint BNIB. I carefully ask questions to the staff in advance, some of them need more product training but to be fair they were all very nice to deal with so I would recommend using them. Their new Pinball technician is also very helpful.

Welcome to the forum @Sako-TRG :thumbs:
Next time you thinking to buy a new pin Phil at pinball Heven is the man to go to ( @philpalmer ) also does parts etc etc ,Then there is Andy pinball Mania who also do parts etc etc (@pinballmania )
@PinballDaze David also ! Basically ask on this awesome forum first and someone will point you in the right direction to buy something or to repair something ;)

Hey, I'm Josh.

I went out and played Ghostbusters, GOTG and The Hobbit after getting curious online and now I'm hooked.
Decided to make an account to see If I could get my hands on a cheap-ish DMD machine. The 90's and 00's most certainly have my favourite games in them with my favourite being the Lord of the Rings.

Hey, I'm Josh.

I went out and played Ghostbusters, GOTG and The Hobbit after getting curious online and now I'm hooked.
Decided to make an account to see If I could get my hands on a cheap-ish DMD machine. The 90's and 00's most certainly have my favourite games in them with my favourite being the Lord of the Rings.

Welcome!

LOTR is a great & immersive game - i've barely scratched the surface on it!

Welcome to Pinball Info @Xephlon.
Get yourself down to Pinfest at Daventry the next big pinball show on the calender.
With over 100 pinball machines all on free play it will blow your mind.

Hi all,
New to the forum. I'm David, 62 years young and the proud owner of a TAF. It lives with us in Balloughton, Wellingtonbridge, Co Wexford in Ireland. Possibly the only TAF in Ireland.
About 40 years ago I owned a "Drop A Card" Elecro-Mechanical machine.
Had a great day yesterday at Pinfest. Well done to all involved!

Back
Top Bottom