What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi All

My name is Chris, I live in Dundee, I'm 41 and have worked as a software engineer for the last 17 years.

Unusually I didn't play pins when I was growing up they eat too much of my money preferred to play Suprer Mario and get my monies worth.

It started in 2008 when I purchased a Demo Man from eBay, it's fair to say it was an impulse buy and I had next to no knowledge of pins at the time. I was quite lucky I think this is a great first pin and has kept me engaged in the hobby, that may not have been the case had I purchase something else.

Four years later I attended the Play Expo (2012) as my stepson was competing in a competition. I kept going back to the CFTBL so when one came up on Ebay two months later I bid on it and won it. It had been garaged for most of its life after being used in pubs around StockPort. The hologram was roached and have since replaced it with the Pinball MikeD mod which I'm very happy with.

I'm slowly building up my knowledge but still lots to learn.

Things are moving much faster these days. I picked up two EMs this year, College Queens and King of Diamonds, have made some progress with CQ and using this as a test bed before I start on KOD (the keeper). I have also finally found a Taxi project that should be delivered within a month and I can't wait to get stuck into that.

I joined the Scottish League end of last season and was privileged to attend NLP and hang around for the lock in, I have no idea how you guys managed to pull that off *hat tip*.

I look forward to meeting up with you all at the various events.

Kind regards
Chris
Hi Chris, I moved to Scotland last year and plan to join the Scottish league but haven't made it yet, and Demo Man was my first pin bought off ebay too and still one of my favourites even though it divides opinion on here!

Hi All

My name is Chris, I live in Dundee, I'm 41 and have worked as a software engineer for the last 17 years.

Unusually I didn't play pins when I was growing up they eat too much of my money preferred to play Suprer Mario and get my monies worth.

It started in 2008 when I purchased a Demo Man from eBay, it's fair to say it was an impulse buy and I had next to no knowledge of pins at the time. I was quite lucky I think this is a great first pin and has kept me engaged in the hobby, that may not have been the case had I purchase something else.

Four years later I attended the Play Expo (2012) as my stepson was competing in a competition. I kept going back to the CFTBL so when one came up on Ebay two months later I bid on it and won it. It had been garaged for most of its life after being used in pubs around StockPort. The hologram was roached and have since replaced it with the Pinball MikeD mod which I'm very happy with.

Things are moving much faster these days. I picked up two EMs this year, College Queens and King of Diamonds, have made some progress with CQ and using this as a test bed before I start on KOD (the keeper). I have also finally found a Taxi project that should be delivered within a month and I can't wait to get stuck into that.

I joined the Scottish League end of last season and was privileged to attend NLP and hang around for the lock in, I have no idea how you guys managed to pull that off *hat tip*.

Kind regards
Chris
Welcome Chris

Hi Chris, I moved to Scotland last year and plan to join the Scottish league but haven't made it yet, and Demo Man was my first pin bought off ebay too and still one of my favourites even though it divides opinion on here!
Jon,

It was Chris's place I invited you to for the next meet but unfortunately it's been postponed for a bit so hopefully you'll be able to make it next time. Think the guys from the North are also going to try and make it.

Hi Jon

Welcome to Scotland, look forward to seeing u as a new league member.

Yeah DM is still a favourite even after having it all this time and after playing lots of different machines.

Chris

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hi All

Kind regards
Chris

Hello guys, I'm just new here, hope to learn a lot from the pinGODs of the forum... :)

Greetings from Spain

Welcome to you both. :wave:

Welcome both.
Chris, if you ever need to free up some cash or decide you want the original back, I'd happily buy that MikeD Creech mod from you, so dibs on that!

Welcome Eddie, the South Coast Crew will look after you and teach you everything you want to know about the world under glass.

Hello Everybody,
My name is Stan and have been collecting 1960s Williams and Gottlieb
Pinballs since 2013. At present I have 8 Gottlieb and 2 Williams machines. Had the worst possible
start courtesy of a seller at a resort not a million miles away from me but never mind, have learnt my
lesson through experience. Looking forward to being a member of the site.

Welcome Stan - what machines do you have ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi John,
I have the following Gottlieb machines :-

Sweethearts
Bowling Queen
Bank a Ball
Mayfair
Central Park
Crosstown Traffic
King of Diamonds
Target Pool

Williams

Jolly Jokers
Beat the Clock

You can see photos on the Pinball Owners website.

Stan.

Quite a collection Stan. Most of which I haven't played. Nice one !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Its like having a family of little kids sometimes, they occasionally misbehave but that EMs for you !
Does any member know of anybody in the North West who can do playfield paint restorations ?

My Beat the Clock has paint loss on a couple of areas where the ball has been ejected from the kick
out holes, I could leave it but would like a full restoration eventually.

Back
Top Bottom