What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slimetime

Registered
Greetings. My name is Mark (Slimetime) and I live on the East Hampshire/ Surrey boarder and this is my introduction.

I spent a great deal of my childhood growing up in a small town outside of Valencia in Spain. The town I speak of had a fantastic arcade and the owner of the arcade had three pinball machines which he would rotate as there was only ever room for two machines. The three games were Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Creature from the Black Lagoon. I loved playing all of them dearly, especially Indiana Jones. However, by the late 90’s the arcade became more of an internet café, choosing to remove pinball machines and arcade cabinets in favour of PCs and by the early 00’s the arcade closed its doors for the final time.

Years and years had gone by without as much as looking at another pinball machine until my honeymoon. Inside the Luxor hotel on the famous Las Vegas strip was a magic shop, tucked away in the corner of this shop was a Theatre of Magic. I played this machine as if it was going out of fashion and all those wonderful feeling I had as a child playing pinball in the arcade in Spain came rushing back. I had to have one, I said to myself, just one hurdle…the new wife.

Our honeymoon was ten years ago and I am still without a pinball machine but after a decade of negotiating which makes Brexit look like a walking in the park, the green light has been lit.

Hopefully by the end of the summer I shall be in a position to purchase my very first pinball machine.

79652 to Pinball Info Mark.
Great story, what title might you be looking for ? Why not get along to one of the UK shows and over dose on all the latest and some of the older classics, if you are not to sure on what you want now you will have a long list after you have played you're heart out at one of the pinball shows.

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes.

@MartinY Let me know if you're ever in the mood to meet up and chat about all things pinball.
@replicas I have a few 90s Bally/ Williams machines in mind. Ideally I would like to hold out until the end of the summer before buying my first machine. A real test of my resilience will be if a mint condition White Water becomes available.

Whitewater is a great choice of pin but don't forget to get yourself to a show. We are holding one at the Manchester GMex on 4th 5th May, get yourself there for some great pinball action.

Back
Top Bottom