What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member from Carlisle, Cumbria.

neil1637

Site Supporter
Hello everyone.

First post upon joining the site, so allow me to introduce myself. I have been collecting/owning arcade cabs for some years now. Same user name over on UKVAC. And try to keep a blog of my gaming stuff over on a (sporadically updated) blog on WordPress – Neil’s Arcade Diary.

BITD and since getting into the hobby, pins never really featured – sharp intake of breath…… in that my local haunts never had any, that I can remember, and when I did have the odd flutter on a pin, I never knew what I was doing and simply reverted back to the known arcade games.

Anyhow, clearly I have now seen the light, mainly due to regular visits to places like Arcade Club and attending the usual battery of Play Expos and the excellent NERG, where I have had the chance to play on a great smattering of tables, and have really whet my appetite in doing such.

And so it is time to start dipping my toe into the murky waters. I live way up North in sunny Cumbria and have a rake of other arcade projects to finish before I start this venture for real. Cash is never too plentiful either, due to MrsM and our 2 kids.

I still don’t know what I would go for, even if I had the space/time/cash, definitely DMD era, but that is as far as I know. I’m kind of hoping the right table finds me, I’m in no rush and happy just taking the time playing on more and more tables, as there are some that I find, personally, look great, but play well…. not so..

I’ll contribute where I can, but more just saying ‘hello’ for now.

Thanks

Neil.

Welcome to Pinball Info Neil, I spoke to you on the Sunday at NERG and recommened you join this sight for your search into the world of pinball.
Glad you found us and enjoy your time here , let's hope its not to long before you find your first machine.

Welcome Neil, a good way to help find the sort of machine your looking for is by joining a league, unfortunately you may find yourself midway between the Northern and Scottish Leagues. I know you'll be made very welcome in whichever one you may decide on joining.

BTW don't tell anyone but I'm going the other way, I've just got 2 Need For Speed Underground sit down cabs. ?

Scottish league is mainly in Glasgow and Cumbernauld areas with the odd meet in Dundee but you don't need to attend every meet. Same for all leagues.

Welcome Neil, a good way to help find the sort of machine your looking for is by joining a league, unfortunately you may find yourself midway between the Northern and Scottish Leagues. I know you'll be made very welcome in whichever one you may decide on joining.

BTW don't tell anyone but I'm going the other way, I've just got 2 Need For Speed Underground sit down cabs. ?
Haha, I like how your idea of starting out in arcade cabs is buying two hulking sit down racers Colin.
If it was the ones from Eric, then they were a bargain. I've always liked the arcade version. Much better than the fast and furious cab that was out at the same time

Welcome Neil. I have discovered they are plenty of folk above you in Scotland so don't feel like you are too far away from the good stuff ☺

Haha, I like how your idea of starting out in arcade cabs is buying two hulking sit down racers Colin.
If it was the ones from Eric, then they were a bargain. I've always liked the arcade version. Much better than the fast and furious cab that was out at the same time
We've all got to start somewhere and I thought they'd be the same width as a pin. Unfortunately they're not so I've lost my bar space.

They did come from Eric but didn't end up with Colin, I'm Chris.

Hi Neil, welcome to the site.

I often work in Carlisle and live not 'that' far away near Garstang/Lancaster, so feel free to give us a shout if passing on your way to Arcade Club or elsewhere down the M6 South. About 20 machines set up here, quite a mix if looking for wider range of pinballs to try....

Hi Neil, welcome to the site.

I often work in Carlisle and live not 'that' far away near Garstang/Lancaster, so feel free to give us a shout if passing on your way to Arcade Club or elsewhere down the M6 South. About 20 machines set up here, quite a mix if looking for wider range of pinballs to try....

Hi and thank you very much for the kind offer. 20 pins! Blimey! Quite the collection!

I most certainly would love to take you up on your offer. Summer is manic for me with work/family/holidays etc and I really must get my games room fit for purpose first. But after that...

Thanks again.

Neil.

Reactions: JMP
We went down to John's once, had an invite to join in when he was hosting a league meet.

He was kind enough to put a sign out on the road. Just a shame it was facing the wrong direction as we're coming down from Scotland.

It was worth the drive John was a great host and he's got a nice collection of pins, and livestock!

It's a nightmare - all those narrow lanes going everywhere. Then there are the farmers in tractors coming the other way trying to run you off the road.

We went down to John's once, had an invite to join in when he was hosting a league meet.

He was kind enough to put a sign out on the road. Just a shame it was facing the wrong direction as we're coming down from Scotland.

It was worth the drive John was a great host and he's got a nice collection of pins, and livestock!

You're welcome again anytime Chris, just sorry I couldn't make Play Glasgow (again)… was my son's birthday. June never a good month for me....

It's a nightmare - all those narrow lanes going everywhere. Then there are the farmers in tractors coming the other way trying to run you off the road.

Ha ha you towney !!

Back
Top Bottom